Favorite Apple? (1 Viewer)

I tried my first Cosmic Crisp last night, overall it was pretty good. The flavor was a bit more intense than a Honey Crisp, ironically I thought it was crispier and had a flavor that was more like honey. It was a bit more tart on the front end and a bit more of the honey flavor in the after taste. I found it to be like a combo of a Pink Lady and a Honey Crisp. While I believe that's appealing to most of you, I'm not a Pink Lady fan. I appreciated the more intense flavor, however, I still prefer the Honey Crisp as I find it more balanced and refreshing.

Last edited:
I thought it was pink lady as my favorite, but they have been seeming to tart and less sweet as of late... I have been going steady with honeycrisp

Fuji and no other is even close. I'll try something else and just be disappointed. Nothing else offers the balance of crisp, sweet, and tart.

I tried the SweeTango again and it was pretty good, but not as good as the cosmic crisp which I've had since. I think my top three are Zestar, Cosmic Crisp, and Honeycrisp in that order now.

I had no idea there were so many varieties of apples
==================
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A team of retirees that scours the remote ravines and windswept plains of the Pacific Northwest for long-forgotten pioneer orchards has rediscovered 10 apple varieties that were believed to be extinct — the largest number ever unearthed in a single season by the nonprofit Lost Apple Project.........

The task is huge. North America once had 17,000 named varieties of domesticated apples, but only about 4,500 are known to exist today. The Lost Apple Project believes settlers planted a few hundred varieties in their corner of the Pacific Northwest alone as they moved across the U. S. West to try their hands at the pioneer life.......

With the 10 latest varieties identified, Brandt and Benscoter have rediscovered a total of 23 varieties. The latest finds include the Sary Sinap, an ancient apple from Turkey; the Streaked Pippin, which may have originated as early as 1744 in New York; and the Butter Sweet of Pennsylvania, a variety that was first noted in a trial orchard in Illinois in 1901...........

Just heard about miniature apples. I want to try these.

Right now, the 16" MacBook Pro is rocking my world.. I just ordered a 2nd one. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Soon it will be cosmic crisp time again

Anyone have any good apple recipes?

Sweet or savory I’m down with either

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom