Former NFL player Michael Oher claimed that he was never legally adopted (1 Viewer)

Non-Saints for sure. But for this to come up this late can only mean he is broke. Really sad.
what makes you think that? if he feels like they took him in for reasons other than he felt, he has a right to know.
people find out all the time that there are family secrets. it's human to want to know the truth about things like this.

I never watched or read “The Blindside” mostly because the story all felt really sleazy to me.

On the surface, it never felt like anything but a family trying to secure a recruit to their favorite college and ride his potential coattails to the NFL - while simultaneously making themselves look like altruistic saviors.

I’m not surprised. Something was always a little weird about this story and the way the movie portrayed him to be like a Forest Gump level intellect had to cause him some issues. Isn’t there a scene where Sandra Bulllock has to explain his position and the game of football to him? It had to be tough in the locker room after the other guys watched that.
I never thought of it that and the way someone else pointed it out earlier where the Movie seemed to be very back handed towards Oher.

Yeah I'm actually surprised he wasn't more mad about the movie.

The movie also paints a dangerous lie. You can just come from nowhere out of the blue and almost instantly become a top tier pro at a highly skilled profession.

The movie seriously undercuts the yeara of very hard work Oher put in to become even just a college athlete, let alone pro.

I never thought of it that and the way someone else pointed it out earlier where the Movie seemed to be very back handed towards Oher.

Yeah I'm actually surprised he wasn't more mad about the movie.

The movie also paints a dangerous lie. You can just come from nowhere out of the blue and almost instantly become a top tier pro at a highly skilled profession.

The movie seriously undercuts the yeara of very hard work Oher put in to become even just a college athlete, let alone pro.
He always came across as being a little distant from the movie. His take seemed to be it wasn't accurate and it made him look dumb, but he realized that it was an inspirational film to a lot of people and didn't want to take away from what it gave to others. So maybe not mad, but close.

He always came across as being a little distant from the movie. His take seemed to be it wasn't accurate and it made him look dumb, but he realized that it was an inspirational film to a lot of people and didn't want to take away from what it gave to others. So maybe not mad, but close.
i seem to remember early on he wasn't a fan of how it portrayed him, and he let it be known. This isn't something new 'out of the blue'

He is estimated to be worth 16 million.
And isn’t the family worth like $100 million plus?

There’s just a lot to this story that we don’t know. But I always found the whole story cringey even before the controversy years ago, and watching the movie was pretty uncomfortable. I mean, fine, help others but keep the story to yourselves.

Personally, I don't know all the facts to lump this family into a "CEO greed" circle. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't.
The family is being accused of lying to a kid (at the time) and misleading him into thinking he was adopted when he was signing himself into a conservatorship.
That’s CEO greed.

…is being accused of lying to a kid….
I’m not saying they did or they didn’t. But you don’t know any more than I do.

According to my ex-wife’s divorce filing, I had “a violent and uncontrollable temper”. When I asked her “wtf”, she didn’t even know her lawyer had put that in the pleading.

Maybe wait until the facts develop??

Oher also alleged his name was signed on a 2007 document that would give 20th Century Fox "without any payment whatsoever, the perpetual, unconditional and exclusive right throughout the world to use and portray Michael Oher's name, likeness, voice, appearance, personality, personal experiences, incidents, situations and events" tied to the book and movie that led up to the 2008 NFL draft, according to the petition.
Oher said in the petition if the Tuohys forged the document, they should give up all the money they made from the movie, including interest, and pay Oher punitive damages.

I mean, if this is true, i don't see any issue with him wanting it right. Who cares if he is broke or has $16M in the bank, who cares if they have $100M in the bank...

According to the 2004 filing for the conservatorship, Oher wanted the Tuohys to be his legal guardians at least until the age of 25 or until it was dissolved by a court before that point. But Oher's petition filed Monday said, "This Conservatorship is unnecessary as Michael Oher is capable of handling his own affairs."

(i don't know if any of this is in the OP link, since i can't access x .com links at work, but oddly enough i can access Twitter .com links at work)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom