Giant Movies That You Never Hear About Anymore (3 Viewers)

Speaking of Costner and accents- Have any of yall ever seen a movie called Thirteen Days? Holy Christ, Costner’s Boston accent was absolutely atrocious.. like, I’m no expert on Boston accents, but just watch the first 2 or 3 scenes he’s in, i have never seen anything like it.. i mean, he makes Quaid’s NOLA accent in Big Easy, and Cruise’s Irish “brogue” in Far and Away seem like they are dead -on perfect... I coulnt tell you how good or bad Thirteen Days is as a movie, since i literally had to turn it off about a third of the way in due to Costner’s butchering of the accent.. and i actually think he’s a decent actor, i like a lot of his work.. but wow, if he has any self-awareness whatsoever , he must cringe when he’s reminded of this role.
it's telling that Quaid's accent is not on any 'worst' lists that i saw - truly horrendous

but accents are a tough call - they're more akin to singing than developing character
my guess is that bad accents, singing (dancing, et al) are the result of producers making casting choices - "this movie is not getting financed unless Renee Zellweger is Roxie Hart" ..."but she can't dance" ..."you'll think of something")

Saving Private Ryan...

FWIW, never got all the hype around it. The opening was incredibly powerful though. I felt Band of Brothers was better overall by a significant margin.
Well, considering BoB was a series & not a movie like SPR I'd say your take is extremely flawed from the start.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom