Giants and Saints still talking? (1 Viewer)

Next year pick would be better IMO. We could really use a DT or LB that can see the field in year 1. This trade would leave us the scraps that may never see the field (in B&G). Sure, you get a TE that could change this offense and you give Drew another serious threat, but our D is what needs the dynamic help.

I'm not high on Shockey, but he really could be great for Drew and give this team a 'tude that is severely lacking. I don't want the bad attiude side, but I'll take his fire. I also don't want Drew, Sean and anyone else in that huddle to have to focus on keeping Shockey in line when he starts throwing his fits. I want them to focus on the task at hand instead. If he can corral HIMSELF, then I'll live with it.

I hear all this talk about how Shockey is a "team killer"... yet his "team" just won the SUPERBOWL

I know he was hurt the last part of the season and through the playoffs.. but cmon, the man is a great competitor and (if healthy) would be a GREAT addition to the offense.. something this team has needed for a while now.

Everyone saw how much better we moved the ball when the Tight end (normally billy miller) was involved... Shockey just adds another dimension to the offense and if we can get him for a reasonable price I am all for it

I hear all this talk about how Shockey is a "team killer"... yet his "team" just won the SUPERBOWL

I know he was hurt the last part of the season and through the playoffs.. but cmon, the man is a great competitor and (if healthy) would be a GREAT addition to the offense.. something this team has needed for a while now.

Everyone saw how much better we moved the ball when the Tight end (normally billy miller) was involved... Shockey just adds another dimension to the offense and if we can get him for a reasonable price I am all for it

Without him on the field I might add. Also, he couldn't even be on the sideline for his team during the SB? I feel that the huddle and offense ran much smoother without him.

That doesn't mean to imply that he'll always be that way because sometimes a change of scene is best. Maybe it could work. I hear he didn't respect Eli and that matters alot. If you can't take direction from your QB, the guy you don't respect, then what are you doing?

Trade the #10 overall and our 3rd rounder this year to move up and grab Ellis... Trade down with the Giants in the 2nd and give up a 4th next year to aquire Shockey.... take a CB in the late second round this year with the pick aquired from NY... draft a LB, S, and RB in the 5th, 6th, and 7th... call it a draft.

Without him on the field I might add. Also, he couldn't even be on the sideline for his team during the SB? I feel that the huddle and offense ran much smoother without him.

That doesn't mean to imply that he'll always be that way because sometimes a change of scene is best. Maybe it could work. I hear he didn't respect Eli and that matters alot. If you can't take direction from your QB, the guy you don't respect, then what are you doing?

Who was the biggest WR threat on the other side of the field in that superbowl?

Perhaps another "team killer" who turned into a "team player" with a change of scenery and good leadership?

Shockey did have some problems with Eli and their coach. Hopefully if this trade does happen SP and Drew Brees will have enough leadership to turn him into the great TE he is

Who was the biggest WR threat on the other side of the field in that superbowl?

Perhaps another "team killer" who turned into a "team player" with a change of scenery and good leadership?

Shockey did have some problems with Eli and their coach. Hopefully if this trade does happen SP and Drew Brees will have enough leadership to turn him into the great TE he is

That "team player" became a "team player" AFTER Shockey went down. The change of scenery wasn't what did it because he was still doing the same things he did in Pitt, until Shockey went down. He stepped up very well and kept his mouth shut. Even when he wasn't getting the ball (open or not), he was not waving his hands throwing a fit like a 5 year old. He became a professional finally. Just went back to the huddle and LISTENED to what Eli was calling instead of undermining him in the huddle like him, Shockey and Barber constantly did to him. Burress did a complete 180 after Shockey went down and became the team player that they wished he would have been earlier.

He truly could become the ultimate team player in NOLA.

If we make this trade and all the injurys turn out to be the worst (Vilma, Shocker, Morgan):
FO now = FO Ditka

That "team player" became a "team player" AFTER Shockey went down. The change of scenery wasn't what did it because he was still doing the same things he did in Pitt, until Shockey went down. He stepped up very well and kept his mouth shut. Even when he wasn't getting the ball (open or not), he was not waving his hands throwing a fit like a 5 year old. He became a professional finally. Just went back to the huddle and LISTENED to what Eli was calling instead of undermining him in the huddle like him, Shockey and Barber constantly did to him. Burress did a complete 180 after Shockey went down and became the team player that they wished he would have been earlier.

He truly could become the ultimate team player in NOLA.

I think he was talking about Randy Moss...

Also, I firmly believe that Drew Brees would run across the field and ***** slap Shockey if he ever whined about anything. Last year it seemed like Drew was jumping down more throats than Coach.

The Giants don't sneak into the playoffs without Shockey's 650 recieving yards and excellent blocking all season. So you can bash him all you want, but he gets alot of credit for that Superbowl win, even if its indirectly.

I think he was talking about Randy Moss...

Also, I firmly believe that Drew Brees would run across the field and ***** slap Shockey if he ever whined about anything. Last year it seemed like Drew was jumping down more throats than Coach.

DOH!:covri:

Well, the premise still stands. I DO think that Brees would not take any lip from Shockey, but my thing is that I don't want Brees to consistently keep these men in line. Focus on the game, not the selfish fits by grown me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom