Glenn Foster Jr. (edit: former Saint arrested in Alabama, died in custody) (1 Viewer)

Jail records show Pickens was arrested Sunday in the small town of Reform, Ala. at about 12:30 p.m. on charges of reckless endangerment and resisting arrest by “attempt to elude.” Those charges were replaced at 3:16 p.m. by three counts of simple assault and one count of 3rd-degree robbery, the jail records show.
Guidomerkinsrules, was "Pickens" the name used in whatever article you quoted from?

EDIT: Looks like WWL flubbed the name. Foster was arrested in Pickens County, Alabama.

Guidomerkinsrules, was "Pickens" the name used in whatever article you quoted from?
Probably a misprint of some sort. In the WWL article posted by @ALLNO (thanks for that post!), post #8, it says that it happened in Pickens County.

Last edited:
Sounds like he was speeding thru a small town and didn't pull over fast enough for Barney, so Barney trumped up the charges to justify bringing him to jail.
Reform is a speed trap town. Driving East on 82 into Reform they almost always have someone hidden ready to pull folks over.

I guess it can be swept under the rug, but it would be in everyone's best interest for the police to be transparent. And in this environment I'd be really surprised if it was foul play (not that it makes the situation any better)...though of course, crazy stuff continues to occur. It's still the police's job to make sure that their prisoners are safe. I really do hope that it was something unavoidable, like he had a brain hematoma from the fight that didn't present until he was in the jail (which can happen). Hoping that it's nothing to do with the police, suicide, or drugs.
The change in charges at or around the time of death is really troubling.

There are a lot details in this story. High-speed chase. The cops talking with his parents about his erratic behavior. Judge agreeing to bail if he went to a hospital for mental evaluation. It looks like they might've changed the charges as a result of the fight with the inmates. Bizarre, indeed.

There are a lot details in this story. High-speed chase. The cops talking with his parents about his erratic behavior. Judge agreeing to bail if he went to a hospital for mental evaluation. It looks like they might've changed the charges as a result of the fight with the inmates. Bizarre, indeed.

That article confused me even more with the timeline. They bailed him out on Sunday, went to get him, then all of the sudden conditions worsened on MONDAY after they changed the charges and held him without bail. Either the reporter is confused or something is not lining up with the story.

That article confused me even more with the timeline. They bailed him out on Sunday, went to get him, then all of the sudden conditions worsened on MONDAY after they changed the charges and held him without bail. Either the reporter is confused or something is not lining up with the story.
Obviously we have to wait for more information, but that certainly sounds like a grudge from the police force, and one that resulted in a human being's death. And regardless of circumstances, no human being should die in custody in this country, no one

Jail records show that after the bail was paid on the traffic misdemeanors, the Pickens County Sheriff’s Office re-booked Foster on three felony counts of assault and one of third-degree battery. The jail was holding him without bail on those additional charges when the situation worsened Monday

it seems like the ‘best’ this dept can hope for is that they let this guy - who they already acknowledged was suffering mentally- was allowed to assault THREE other people (or was assaulted) and died as a result
So utter stupidity and near criminal negligence is the ‘best’ case got them

He may have hung himself with a bed sheet. until it it is released everyone should stop jumping to conclusions.
People don’t hang themselves because some podunk cop put him in jail for being black in the south. It was a reckless endangerment charge. Should have never been in there in the first place. Smells like stink to me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom