Gout (1 Viewer)

I think that you're confusing one of us with Joe.

Lol, no I had a nice crop going this year as well. I've had a few more, and they were quite tasty...so I can't complain. Hopefully Joe gets back in the upside down mood next year.

So how do you keep the tomatoes wet enough if they are in a pot that is baking in the sun?

I'll bump the thread. It's not that hard, just some good solid watering will usually last a day or two. The bucket protects most of the moist soil.

Of course my flare up is 10x worse today. But not one of those where it has spread to the ankle and it's unbearable. But I'd rather have that. I'm sure it varies for everyone but when it stays in my foot it usually last a lot longer, but is a lot duller in terms of pain. When it gets to my ankle and I can't even walk then it usually works itself out in 3 days or so. Guess we'll see.

then the ribeye covered with a strong black-pepper crawish bisque topping I made last week and chased with 3 Miller Lites is probably not a good idea, then?

but it was sooooooo good.

And dark chocolate truffles over red-wine icecream for desert

Any correlation between gout and thyroid?

I had a little blip on my last blood test relating to the thyroid.

Anyone have the same issue?

Getting older sucks but it beats the hell out of the alternative.

Thyroid Dysfunction. Some studies have reported a higher prevalence of gout in people with hypothyroidism (low levels of thyroid hormone). Hypothyroidism may even trigger gout. There is also some evidence to suggest that hyperthyroidism (high levels of thyroid hormone) can increase uric acid levels, although not to the degree that low thyroid hormones levels do.

http://adam.about.com/reports/000093_4.htm

My son came down with gout last year - at age 27. We sort of thought that was pretty young, but I'm reading that it isn't that uncommon for a man of that age.

Nick went on allipuronal after about 3-4 flare-ups. He was misdiagnosed by the first doctor, so that delayed his treatment a little. The second doc got a uric acid test, which was pretty elevated. Oddly, he had a couple of fairly mild flare-ups right after he went on it, but the doc said that wasn't uncommon and just hang in there. Well, it worked, as far as I know. He hasn't mentioned a flare-up in over a year now. He's been pretty bummed about taking medicine every day, though. It's sort of his first health problem-so he took it kind of hard at first.

Thanks for bumping this thread Waymer, and I hope you get better sooner rather than later.

Thanks for bumping this thread Waymer, and I hope you get better sooner rather than later.

Not yet unfortunately. It's progressing worse and worse each day. I've done almost everything humanly possible to prevent it, but it looks like this attack is going to stick. Today's pretty bad. Oh well, that's life.

Do you have any colchicine or indomethicin?

Not a bit. I've found that neither work at all. I'm stubborn when it comes to pain, my body can't seem to get rid of it, but I try not to let it bother me. I have pain pills, but they don't do anything for me either.

I'll try some "home remedies" I guess.

I drank some apple cider vinegar and soaked my foot in an epsom salt bath last night. Things are better, but who knows if these home remedies actually worked, or if it's just progressing on it's normal course anyhow.

I agree - it's hard to know. My son's first flare up got treated with antibiotics because the doc diagnosed an infection, and it cleared up completely within 2 days after he started the antibiotics, so he thought the doc was right. It wasn't until he got repeated flare ups that he went back and got the correct diagnosis.

Glad you're feeling better anyway, Waymer, whatever the reason!

Colchicine does nothing more for me than cleaning out my system when I have a bout of gout. I find a lot of water, cranberry juice and cherries gt things taken care of very quickly.

I am working from home because I have been nursing an outbreak myself all week. I decided it was time to actually rest my foot and see if I can keep it from getting terrible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom