Goya Boycott (1 Viewer)

I get your point El C and I respect it. But it seems like the bulk of what you are saying is that you won’t boycott because it isn’t convenient to boycott. And that’s fine too but it’s not generally that and that it would hurt the workers there. Seems like either the boycott is appropriate or it isn’t. And then each person makes the decision of whether they will do it or not. I don’t care one way or the other, I just think we owe it to ourselves to be honest about the why.

And living with a Latina myself, Goya is in our hone a lot. But I’m not sure that it’s the only option on any of the items.

And I don’t know a ton about Goya but having read so much about United Fruit, I understand very well how you need to be aware of how a company operates, especially in southern countries.

I was about to add to my post that maybe that test needs to be done more than once in order to draw a hard conclusion.

My reaction was early 90s. I had tingling in my fingers and face, my face was flush and my heart was beating fast. It’s possible it was something else but my dr said it was classic MSG sensitivity or reaction. The waiter at Red Palace noticed my reactions and they comp‘ed the meal. I’m sure I’ve eaten some since and not known it, but maybe they used too much. Who knows?

My reaction was early 90s. I had tingling in my fingers and face, my face was flush and my heart was beating fast. It’s possible it was something else but my dr said it was classic MSG sensitivity or reaction. The waiter at Red Palace noticed my reactions and they comp‘ed the meal. I’m sure I’ve eaten some since and not known it, but maybe they used too much. Who knows?

Maybe you ate that brownie from the Matrix movie that gave that woman a "reaction".

Your Cuban abuela may not care, but there's a whole bunch of abuelas from other nationalities, ya know? And there are more of those.
100% this. There are are a little over 2 million cuban americans. There are 37 million mexican americans (and many other nationalities). Goya stockholders should remove this guy for being an idiot regardless of your feelings on what he said. So many times we hear from certain groups that a corporation's only responsibility is to the stockholders, yet those groups are the ones going to be screaming the loudest about this guy getting ousted even though he is absolutely going to affect the bottom line.

The boycott is going to force this guy to resign and be replaced becasue the buying public does not agree with his politics. A lot of groups that worship at the altar of capitalism are going to be up in arms about this guys problems as well, but this is 100% capitalism working as intended. Vote and affect change with your dollars. Its PEAK capitalism.

Sidenote: MSG makes everything better. Honestly Gboud if it was really a long time ago I would talk to the doctor again. The science and views on MSG have changed a LOT in the last 15 years or so and it wont hurt to ask next time you are in the office. Definitely stay away without expert medical advice telling you differently though!

There have been a ton of studies debunking a lot of the pseudoscience around MSG that was rampant in the 80's - 90's. If any of you want to dig a little further into how the whole MSG thing gained traction (guido this will be right up your alley for sure) do some googling about racism and MSG, and this is not some thing that has come about recently with all the other issues going around, I remember seeing a TED talk about racism and MSG 10 years ago.

Last edited:
I am not offended. Just pointing out the suckage :hihi:
Of course. because Goya products are soooooo good. :hihi:

Okay primo. Te quiero.;)

I’ll say this about Goya, they are probably loving all of this free publicity. They are going to have a bunch of people buying their products and trying their hand at cooking Latin food.

1st I can’t believe another label hasn’t come swooping in yo announce itself as an alternative

2ns Goya sits on the shelf with anywhere from 2-6 alternatives - I bet plenty start sampling alternatives

3rd blue runner creaole style black beans kick goya’s black beans in the culo

Goya CEO's support for Trump leaves many Latinos feeling sting of betrayal
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/11/us/goya-foods-unanue-trump-hispanic-market/index.html so apparently there are Latinos with a conscience out there, being of Latin dissent myself , I would only buy these products for the convenience of it. In general I make my own Sofrito , And I buy my own Spanish seasoning depending on what Ever I’m making ie: aros con pollo, black beans.And no MSG(not that there’s anything wrong with that) And yes Im boycotting this brand just like I did Chick-fil-A for their stance on the LGBTQ Community and Taco Bell for the treatment of the tomato farmers A few years back, matter fact closer to 20 years ago.Note: This includes Home Depot.

Last edited:
I'll just say this. It's all stupid as fork. All of it. Not just Goya. But the oh ma gerd boycotts them cause *insert random arse stupid fork reason here*

IT'S ALL STUPID
Boycotting a business does no one any good! NEVER! It only ends up hurting those that work for the business and trying to make a living. But people gunna be people. Whatever floats your boat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom