TV HBO picks up George RR Martin series - Game of Thrones (3 Viewers)

So I am not one to harp on all the various theories being put out there but I read this one on Reddit and I think it would make some sense if this is what they go with.

The theory I saw was: So remember the conversation that Bran and Tyrion had by the fire in episode 2, I believe. They only showed like a few minutes but implied that Tyrion and Bran had a longer conversation off screen. So the theory is that Bran told Tyrion what was going to happen at KL with Dany and that she would go off the deep end unless Tyrion got her to change course. Or Bran could have just warned him about some of the things Dany has already done and it made Tyrion second guess his allegiance to Dany.

If you go back and watch episode 4 and the beginning of episode 5, Tyrion seems to be trying to convince everyone else (or possibly himself?) that Dany is the right choice to rule. In ep. 5 he seems to be 100% sure that Dany will win and is desperate to save the citizens of KL. Did he already know that Dany was going to go full heel and was tyring to save as many people as possible. Is that why he freed Jaime to try and save Cersei? And why he was so adamant about the Bells?

Yes this is probably just some people grasping at something to either justify Tyrion's actions or make Bran seem more important. It just sounded plausible to me and I think would make some of Tyrion's actions/decisions make a little more sense. Probably just another wrong theory though.

What do you guys think? Plausible or totally fan fantasy?
I just can't buy into that theory. It has not been established that Bran can look into the future, he has only seen past actions, and with warging, he can see other thing in his present time. Not to mention one of the last things he said was the he lives mostly in the past.

It was a little strange how Tyrion spoke of Dany's victory with absolute certainty. It seemed like the playing field had been evened up a bit. Evened up to the point where it would at least be a decent battle with an uncertain outcome. But he talked like he knew exactly what was about to happen. Interesting theory.

Right? That is what is really giving me pause on whether to believe it or not.

Like when he is talking to Jaime. Tyrion is adamant that Jaime go try to rescue Cersei as he is certain she is going to die. Jaime even says something like "....and what, sail right through the Iron fleet to Essos?" and Tyrion responds "There will be no Iron Fleet left!" And he says " The city will fall tomorrow. I know the city better than anyone and it WILL fall!" He seems to be 100% sure the city will fall.

Perhaps that is why he tried to treat with Cersei and tried to get her to surrender. We all knew that Cersei was never going to surrender, and Tyrion had to know that as well, so why even bother trying right? Unless he knew that if she didn't surrender that herself as well as thousands more were going to die horribly if she didn't.
Maybe that is why he turned Varys in as well. Maybe if he could show Dany that he supported her and had her back it would console her maybe?? Or just show her that HE still cares about her?
The whole episode he has a very concerned and worried look/attitude about him. Again, it is probably nothing, but worth a thought....

Right? That is what is really giving me pause on whether to believe it or not.

Like when he is talking to Jaime. Tyrion is adamant that Jaime go try to rescue Cersei as he is certain she is going to die. Jaime even says something like "....and what, sail right through the Iron fleet to Essos?" and Tyrion responds "There will be no Iron Fleet left!" And he says " The city will fall tomorrow. I know the city better than anyone and it WILL fall!" He seems to be 100% sure the city will fall.

Perhaps that is why he tried to treat with Cersei and tried to get her to surrender. We all knew that Cersei was never going to surrender, and Tyrion had to know that as well, so why even bother trying right? Unless he knew that if she didn't surrender that herself as well as thousands more were going to die horribly if she didn't.
Maybe that is why he turned Varys in as well. Maybe if he could show Dany that he supported her and had her back it would console her maybe?? Or just show her that HE still cares about her?
The whole episode he has a very concerned and worried look/attitude about him. Again, it is probably nothing, but worth a thought....

And he may have had that conversation with her. Maybe Dany was sitting there and felt the bells rang a bit too early and too easy. She’d been double crossed before, why not again? Tyrian knew Cersei wasn’t going to surrender, so she was going to make sure of it. Weighing all of what Cersei has done while on the throne, there really wasn’t any way to avoid exactly what happened.

I just can't buy into that theory. It has not been established that Bran can look into the future, he has only seen past actions, and with warging, he can see other thing in his present time. Not to mention one of the last things he said was the he lives mostly in the past.

While we know he definitely has access to the past and such, he has had glimpses of the future. In one of his visions they show an image of a dragon's shadow flying over King's Landing. They then had almost the exact same image, but with Drogon and Dany in this past episode. So I think they have shown he can have glimpses of the future. Like doesn't have the power of 'Greensight' like what Jojen Reed had? Jojen had visions of the future and that is why he found Bran. He even saw his own death before it happened. Doesn't Bran have that same, if not more, power?? That is how I looked at it at least.

It has been established that he can look into the future. He saw the shadow of the dragon flying over Kings Landing. The very same shot of the shadow from Drogon flying over King’s Landing.

Bran is a Greenseer, so he can have prophetic visions and dreams, but they don't always come true.

Important to keep in mind that Bran might be the most powerful warg and greenseer ever. He was the first person to ever successfully warg into another human being. And he did that before his training with The Three Eyed Raven. Like Luke before he hooked up with Yoda.

So while others have been able to have visions and dreams concerning fragments of possible futures, it's possible that Bran has developed the ability to put it all together seeing past, present, and future.

I try not to go down the fan theory rabbit hole that much because it only sets people up for disappointment if their theory doesn't prove correct. But I'm fully expecting a "wow" moment from Bran Stark in the finale. I've invested too much time in watching him get pulled, carried, and wheeled around by various people over the years for his story to end in just being Night King bait.

While we know he definitely has access to the past and such, he has had glimpses of the future. In one of his visions they show an image of a dragon's shadow flying over King's Landing. They then had almost the exact same image, but with Drogon and Dany in this past episode. So I think they have shown he can have glimpses of the future. Like doesn't have the power of 'Greensight' like what Jojen Reed had? Jojen had visions of the future and that is why he found Bran. He even saw his own death before it happened. Doesn't Bran have that same, if not more, power?? That is how I looked at it at least.
You sure you are not conflating what was in the books vs what has appeared on the show? On the show, Joren Reed became aware of Bran through their shared dreams as Bran is chasing the three eyed raven. Reed has also show the ability to see things as they were happening, I do not recall him seeing the future.

All that being said, I never finished A Dance With Dragons because I became bored with it, so I'm not really caught up on how Bran's Three Eyed Crow training progressed.

You sure you are not conflating what was in the books vs what has appeared on the show? On the show, Joren Reed became aware of Bran through their shared dreams as Bran is chasing the three eyed raven. Reed has also show the ability to see things as they were happening, I do not recall him seeing the future.

All that being said, I never finished A Dance With Dragons because I became bored with it, so I'm not really caught up on how Bran's Three Eyed Crow training progressed.
No. That was a scene in season 6. I believe either when he was in the cave, or when Mira was pulling him trying to escape from the white walkers.

After the rogue Watchmen take Bran's group at Crasters Keep, Jojen stalls Karl by revealing his greenseeing abilities and taunting Karl that he has foreseen his death. Season 4 ep 5

60360506_636251216800621_4738773898852564992_n.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom