How Exactly Will The Saints Disappoint Us This Year (1 Viewer)

How will the Saints disappoint us this season?

• Total voters
Given the heartbreaking history of our beloved franchise absolutely fraught with "We'll get 'em next year", probability busting events aka "I can't believe THAT just happened", as well as head shakers, head scratchers, and destroyed drywall and remote controls, I wonder... how will our boys disappoint us this season/post-season.

Everything from inexplicable injuries, insanely inane coaching decisions, poor execution, refereeing incompetence to downright official screw jobs. The Saints have shown a great talent for leaving no stone unturned when it comes to crushing the hearts of their fan base.

So what is your guess?
Winston starts. He's the real deal. The team goes on a tear and finish a perfect 17-0 in the regular season. Never been done before. They start the playoffs by whipping the LALA Rams. Then comes the NFC championship rematch against the Bucs. Game is tied in the fourth quarter and with a chance to make the winning field goal in come the refs. they spot a misalignment and blow the play dead. minus 5 years. Saints are no longer in field goal range. Punt. Brady makes a hail mary throw and Evans grabs the ball after making a glaring OPI against Lattimore. Walk off TD by the Bucs. Saints lose to the bucs again.
Winston decides he doesn't want to play for the snake-bit team. Hill also leaves because the team didn't choose him for the starting QB job in 2021. Brady retires and the Bucs land Winston in FA. Saints can only land Andy Dalton in free agency. Oh, and they pick at 30 in the draft.
I refuse to click like of any kind on this. But it did make me snicker.

Personally can’t be disappointed as I have no expectations this season. I’d also be ok with a terrible record as it would allow us to hopefully draft a stud QB.

Stabler threw games in Dallas in consecutive years in identical fashion. Drops back to throw and just flings the ball backwards.
Yeah the next year he was way worse in that game. And then he retired

The only thing missing from that list is a backwards pass, or backflip... think that about covers it 🤔

As for as expectations, gonna sit back and enjoy the competition, the ride, & a few tears missing Drew. Anything better than 8-8 is lagniappe... or... better than 8-9 😆.

Now, let me state for the record if we get to 5-0, or 0-5 all that "Woosah" goes out the flipping window! I will either be calling undefeated SB champs, or chump talentless hacks that need to be gutted along with the team... unfortunately there is never an in-between 🤣

I hope this isn't the case, but...pass coverage! The same as every year. Contrary to the blind apologist, for whatever reason, who misses certain games when career backup qbs and journeymen/Ryan Fitzpatrick, and rookie Justin Herbert or the like, destroys our secondary like its nothing. This seems to be a neverending story at times, over the years...as much I've wanted that to change, we've been snake bitten by such. 🤷‍♂️

I'll go with injuries. We are very young and have thin experienced depth on defense, if we lose a few key players there we are in trouble.....

Mine too. A lot of people at my school were Cowboys fans and had been giving me a hard time all week leading up to that game (I honestly didn't think we had a shot.) Then a miracle almost happened. With less than 2 mins left, the lead, and the chance to put it away...I was already thinking about how much trash talk I was going to give back to everyone the next morning. And then the Saints did what they did best...they Saints'd it. Needless to say I was out 'sick' the next day for school. The headline the next day said: "Saints Find New Way To Lose."
I started hating them when they lost the "Ice Bowl". I hated the Lombardi Packers with a passion.

You forgot:

Winning by 1 with less than 2 mins left in the game. Saints have the ball on their own goal line...2nd and 5...they inexplicably decide to pass...get sacked for a safety, and lose by 1 (Saints/Cowboys 1983.) Yes I am still traumatized and yes I refused to go to school the next day.
The 1983 Saints were absolute artists at finding heartbreaking ways to lose close games. Could've easily been a 10-6 playoff team.

The other thing about that Cowboys game in 83 was DAL also returned a blocked field goal for a TD against us that day. (slams head against wall)

Look I am going into the season believing this will be a transition year where a 9 - 7 record will be a goal, maybe fighting for that last playoff spot! I just don’t see much better. Thus it will be hard to disappoint me this year unless of course we fall to something like 3 - 14! Even then I’d look at it as a chance to get our next franchise QB early in the draft!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom