I don't know how to come back from this (1 Viewer)

As much as last season''s ending hurt, at least that was by our own doing. This is different. It was taken out of our hands by the league officials. I was always on the fence about conspiracy theories, but I just feel like I'm about done with this league. Of course I'm sure I'll be back next season because I love this team too much.

It’s rigged, you’ll have to do a good job to prove me different... this is as fake as fake gets and it’s evident now. Not watching for a long time

Focus on the positive. We've got a great young team, vet leadership and needing to upgrade only a few key positions. We've gotten better and further in each of the last two seasons.
Drew will be back for one more season. We could be better next season, much better.

How many leading with the head did they let slide today?

It's hard to take the game seriously when the officials aren't competent. Penalties and plays like that should absolutely be reviewable.
And they most likely will be now starting next year, it just cost us a chance at another ring for Drew to get there.

I know it's just football. But ....

I can foresee me being over this but I don't know how to get there.
It would be better if I was angry. But I'm not. Just... Despondent. Why even bother having refs, instant replay etc? I really don't think I'm coming back this time guys. That thought hurts me.

I know it's just football. But ....

I can foresee me being over this but I don't know how to get there.
It's just a game. It has zero impact on your life. Move on and look forward to next year. I don't see us getting this close again but this is nothing but entertainment. If you aren't entertained just quit watching. The officiating will never get better. That's a fact.

Last year we did it. We came back stronger.

It hurts now but we have such a great unit
Doesn’t matter. Every single year since 2009 that we put together a good run it all falls apart at the end in an extremely painful and no devastating manner.

Seahawks- Didn’t they go 7-9 that year? We managed to lose to them in the playoffs.

49ers- Possibly the best Saints team ever, and we manage to get everyone hurt and let Kaepernick drive his team like Joe Montana to win.

Vikings- Missed the easiest tackle in history and give every sports network commercial material for he next five years.

And now this. Play a mostly decent game against a great opponent, drive down and run clock and then get robbed on a non-call.

How do we find a new way to get our souls ripped out every time we go to the playoffs?

And they most likely will be now starting next year, it just cost us a chance at another ring for Drew to get there.
I'm sure. The entire football watching audience saw it. You make the call IMMEDIATELY after the game that you forked up. Why is there no on-field capability so that it's not too late? They changed the overtime because of us.

It’s incredibly difficult to get to the NFCCG and there’s no guarantees we will be back next year. Brees will be older. Rankins will start off rehabbing. Ingram may not re sign. Lots of things could go wrong. It takes a lot of things to go right to get back.

To have such a great season end because a ref doesn’t throw a flag on such an obvious penalty is not only heart breaking but it further deteriorated my passion for this sport. Bountygate permanently eroded my love of the NFL and this just makes me feel that no matter how good we are the powers that be will not allow us to return to the Super Bowl.

I’m beyond devestated. I’m just at a complete loss

It's just a game. It has zero impact on your life. Move on and look forward to next year. I don't see us getting this close again but this is nothing but entertainment. If you aren't entertained just quit watching. The officiating will never get better. That's a fact.
Thank you. Needed those words.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom