If the Saint could make one more move? (1 Viewer)

I’d love to see them sign Everson Griffen...

A solid vet WR and a boundary CB would make a ton of sense.

The only thing about your post that makes a ton of sense is the need for another CB...…...…...and a solid vet linebacker would be a great addition as well.

Exactly. If my car needed brakes, I would rather buy brakes, then tint the windows. Needs before wants. We now have DD, 2 injured in AA/Kiko (although AA says he’s healthy....I still don’t trust it), a rookie LB who won’t have a mini camp. I trust what we have at DE right now. Can’t say that for LB
Cam Jordan and Demario Davis are arguably the best in the league at DE and LB. That leaves starting jobs for one DE and one LB.

DE
Marcus Davenport
Trey Hendrickson
Carl Granderson
Noah Spence

LB
Alex Anzalone
Kiko Alonso
Zack Baun
Kaden Elliss

Anzalone < Davenport
Alonso > Hendrickson
Baun > Granderson
Elliss > Spence

Since pass rush is so important, I'm gonna have to go with DE as the bigger need. Especially one like Griffen.

Last edited:
Cam Jordan and Demario Davis are arguably the best in the league at DE and LB. That leaves starting jobs for one DE and one LB.

DE
Marcus Davenport
Trey Hendrickson
Carl Granderson
Noah Spence

LB
Alex Anzalone
Kiko Alonso
Zack Baun
Kaden Elliss

Anzalone < Davenport
Alonso > Hendrickson
Baun > Granderson
Elliss > Spence

Since pass rush is so important, I'm gonna have to go with DE as the bigger need. Especially one like Griffen.
So you said that we need another DE as a starter, completely dismissing Davenport.
Then, you referenced Davenport>Anzalone
Next Alonso (who got injured in January)>Hendrickson
Followed by Baun (a rookie with zero experience)>Granderson
And the most shocking of all Ellis>Spence

Please enlighten me as to your logic of thinking , when comparing these players as who is better than the next? Bc it’s not a matter of which is a position of need, it’s a matter of which position is more pressing. If you can honestly say that Davenport isn’t penciled in as the starter opposite of Cam, then idk what to say. T Rex has been our backup for awhile now and Edwards kicks outside as well. Cam/Davenport/TRex/Edwards/Granderson/Spence.....all guys with at least some experience or more. Looks like you just want to upgrade. So DE is not a pressing need. As of right now at LB we have DD, AA (injured 2 out of 3 years....reoccurring injuries too), Kiko (who’s not available), Robertson is the only other guy with experience, but I think you forgot about him, and inserted Ellis who is still a major question mark.

I would like to add a trifecta of signings.

#1: Kwon Alexander - He will be a post June 1st cut, it will happen. Adding Alexander's speed across from Demario, with a healthy Anzalone in the middle would give us a lethal linebacking corps. Alonzo would be the top backup at all 3 spots, thus allowing Baun some time to learn the ropes and adjust to the speed of the NFL. This is much more important with the lack of camps this offseason.

#2: Clay Matthews - I know people want Everson Griffen but he is truly a luxury and I believe he will want more than we are willing to offer for a defensive end right now. Matthews will come much cheaper (possibly veteran minimum) and would be a good backup at both end spots. I believe Davenport is locked as a starter, T-Rex is a roster lock and unless Granderson completely flops he ain't going anywhere. It will come down to Matthews and Mario Edwards for the last end spot, unless they keep five which I don't see imo.

#3: Logan Ryan/Eli Apple - We need another boundary corner, because as of right now we only have Lattimore and Jackrabbit. Personally I prefer Logan Ryan if they come at a similarly cheap price which I believe they will. Ryan is very solid if not spectacular, has a championship pedigree and is familiar with our new rival Tom Brady. I see us keeping 6 corners. Lattimore, Jenkins, (Ryan/Apple?) PJ, P-Rob and Hardee.

Last edited:
If you were able to have a superbowl "guaranteed", then trading all of your draft picks over the next 15 years would be worth it. I don't even think that is a debate. Most franchises only have 1 or no superbowls in their history
I’d ALMOST give up my first love for Drew Brees to get another ring lol

So you said that we need another DE as a starter, completely dismissing Davenport.
Then, you referenced Davenport>Anzalone
Next Alonso (who got injured in January)>Hendrickson
Followed by Baun (a rookie with zero experience)>Granderson
And the most shocking of all Ellis>Spence

Please enlighten me as to your logic of thinking , when comparing these players as who is better than the next? Bc it’s not a matter of which is a position of need, it’s a matter of which position is more pressing. If you can honestly say that Davenport isn’t penciled in as the starter opposite of Cam, then idk what to say. T Rex has been our backup for awhile now and Edwards kicks outside as well. Cam/Davenport/TRex/Edwards/Granderson/Spence.....all guys with at least some experience or more. Looks like you just want to upgrade. So DE is not a pressing need. As of right now at LB we have DD, AA (injured 2 out of 3 years....reoccurring injuries too), Kiko (who’s not available), Robertson is the only other guy with experience, but I think you forgot about him, and inserted Ellis who is still a major question mark.
You point out injuries for Anzalone and Alonso, but ignore them for Davenport and Hendrickson who have never played a full season in their NFL careers.

You point out injuries for Anzalone and Alonso, but ignore them for Davenport and Hendrickson who have never played a full season in their NFL careers.
There’s injury concerns for Davenport (Only missed 6 out of 32 games-not bad) and T-Rex, but like I said, there is depth at the DE position. Where is the depth at LB? You still seem to ignore that. Kiko will not be ready by the start of the season. Ellis missed the entire year and has no experience. AA continues to re-injure his shoulders (has always been a problem for him). Who else?

There’s injury concerns for Davenport (Only missed 6 out of 32 games-not bad) and T-Rex, but like I said, there is depth at the DE position. Where is the depth at LB? You still seem to ignore that. Kiko will not be ready by the start of the season. Ellis missed the entire year and has no experience. AA continues to re-injure his shoulders (has always been a problem for him). Who else?

Davenport has had 2 season ending injuries in 2 years. Hendrickson has missed an average of 6 games a season. Granderson and Spence have proven nothing. Spence got cut by the Bucs and Granderson was an UDFA like Elliss. At least we drafted a LB. We haven't done anything at DE.

Davenport has had 2 season ending injuries in 2 years. Hendrickson has missed an average of 6 games a season. Granderson and Spence have proven nothing. Spence got cut by the Bucs and Granderson was an UDFA like Elliss. At least we drafted a LB. We haven't done anything at DE.
Let’s try this a different way:
If a guy played 26 out of 32 games and another played 22 out of 48....who’s more durable or dependable?
If a guy has 5 years of experience and the other 2 players both have basically zero years experience....who is more experienced?
I get that you want the “sexy” pick and it’s common to want a Tesla, when you should be eyeing a more practical vehicle, but you would leave a LB unit thin and inexperienced by taking the sexy pick. Of the LBs you listed, can you honestly say that you feel good about the health and depth as it stands right now? If you say yes, then I can’t help you.

Let’s try this a different way:
If a guy played 26 out of 32 games and another played 22 out of 48....who’s more durable or dependable?
If a guy has 5 years of experience and the other 2 players both have basically zero years experience....who is more experienced?
I get that you want the “sexy” pick and it’s common to want a Tesla, when you should be eyeing a more practical vehicle, but you would leave a LB unit thin and inexperienced by taking the sexy pick. Of the LBs you listed, can you honestly say that you feel good about the health and depth as it stands right now? If you say yes, then I can’t help you.
I can say yes, because I place a higher value on DE2 and DE3 than I do LB2 and LB3.

Well if we do make a move, we will soon find out what that move will be some time this week. What will it be, maybe a LB?, DE?, CB? or is someone going to get an extension with the extra cap money. The suspense is building!!!!

Oh really???? That DE3 has more game experience than your LB2 and LB3 combined. Good night
Hendrickson does not have anywhere near as much experience as Alonso. Not sure what you're talking about.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom