Poll If the Saints are Bad Enough to Get a Top 10 Pick, What Position Should they Address? (15 Viewers)

If the Saints are Bad Enough to Get a Top 10 Pick, What Position Should they Address?

• QB

Votes: 22 13.1%
  • O-Line

Votes: 85 50.6%
  • EDGE

Votes: 41 24.4%
  • WR

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • RB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TE/S/DT

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters
A team is only as good as the OL and DL but the team cannot seem to draft a DE to save its life so I went with OL.

Specifically, guard thought that isn't usually a top ten pick so a thick body DT would be nice. Watching someone like Sweat on the Titans maul players as a behemoth in the middle as a rookie would be awesome.

Then get a guard in the second as BOTH guards need to be replaced. Even when Ruiz is playing he is rated near the bottom of all guards in the NFL. Stop rewarding sub par play with fat contracts.

Last edited:
I'm not sure it matters as long as current leadership is in tact (HC/GM). We could draft a long snapper with our first pick and I'd be giddy if it meant we cleaned house.

Depends on how positional depth in the draft shapes up but this team isn’t going anywhere until it gets OL sorted out. Desperate need for DL, inside and end, also. LB. Safety.

You have to go BPA because this team really needs help at every position. My hope is that there is a stud DE or DT that is BPA where we pick. But, if there is a stud WR, OT, TE, or Safety you take them. If a great OT is there, you can either move Penning inside or play the rookie at Guard until he beats someone out.

It would be hard to take a CB that high, but if the right guy is there you probably do it since Adebo and Lattimore may be gone next year and certainly will be gone in 2 or 3 years. But if we are in the top 10, it's likely too high to take an OG, LB, or RB.

Last edited:
No game breaking edge rushers in this years draft unfortunately. I’d try to grab Jack Sawyer in the early 2nd. Obviously depends on our new DC once DA is fired to find a scheme fit

If McMillan is on the board you run to the podium. Otherwise Will Campbell or the Texas LT and keep working on our OL

This, all day. We have too many gaps to fix this team with a single pick. If we draft right, a top-10 pick could yield 3-4 solid players.
I've always been about trading down to acquire more picks but it never manifest in any action from the front office. They actually do the opposite because of the hubris of ML and the scouting department.

Based on the below, you trust the FO to make viable draft picks even when you go with the quantity method? Look at this... it's abysmal.

1728926974093.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom