Poll If the Saints are Bad Enough to Get a Top 10 Pick, What Position Should they Address? (12 Viewers)

If the Saints are Bad Enough to Get a Top 10 Pick, What Position Should they Address?

• QB

Votes: 22 13.1%
  • O-Line

Votes: 85 50.6%
  • EDGE

Votes: 41 24.4%
  • WR

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • RB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TE/S/DT

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters
But the position I think we’re most desperate at is Edge/DE. We have nothing there past Granderson.

Foskey and Turner are busts. Cam is done unfortunately. Young is a failed experiment.

We had Henrickson, Ellis, Baun…

Sanders may be the only good QB in this draft and personality wise he will be a cancer to whatever team drafts him. I don't think he is a bad person or anything. Just the media attention, scrutiny and father's interference will really impact whatever team takes him.

Our formations seem to lack that dual purpose, catching, blocking TE or FB to make things tick. We really need an offensive weapon of some sort, the ideal person would be a Taysom Hill or Juszczyk type -- probably better value as a late 1st rounder early 2nd rounder. Trading back would make sense. The one player to have piqued my interest this year is Tyler Warren from Penn State but he is more of a 2nd rounder looking at his athletic numbers.

Otherwise, pass rusher would also make a lof sense but Loomis and gang don't seem to know what they are doing there. I'd feel comfortable bringing in a tackle and potentially letting Penning go as well.

A G/C, RB or TE in the 2nd would also make a lot of sense.

Just seems like the wrong year to use a top 5 or top 10 pick on a QB. This feels a lot like the 22 QB class. Maybe somebody emerges but I haven't seen that guy yet.

I like Rattler better than the guys in the upcoming draft.

We don’t have top 5 or 10 picks every year. Unless you want to trade multiple firsts to get up there another year, this would be our shot.

I voted DE if we were picking in the top 10. Difference makers are so much harder to find later.

As much as I think O line is the biggest need, I feel like we should be able to grab guards later than that. I know this isn't the premise, but if we were choosing in the top 10, I'd trade it back for a later 1st and a 2nd and grab a DE and 2 Guards in the first two rounds.
I agree. Plus if we are picking that high in the first round, we are probably picking that high in the subsequent rounds. We can find great O Line men in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Within reason, I do whatever I can to get Travis Hunter. Not only do I think he is the best player in this draft but he potentially allows you to free up salary cap money (Lattimore/Adebo) to address needs at those other positions.

If McMillan is available, as was said earlier, the Saints need to run to the podium. A 6'5" Samoan with the ability to box out defenders like prime CGM and long speed? Woo boy. And talk about a contested catch monster.

The edge rushers in this draft do not impress me and y’all really trust this FO to pick a good edge?! Hahahaha

I went with WR because that’s where the talent is.

But would be ok with DT also but i don’t think a top 10 DT is value.

Unfortunately are needs are much broader than in the past, so BPA at any number of positions….DE, S, OL, WR would be the most “needy” areas…..

If we stink it up that bad, assuming we don’t go QB, I’d trade down, take an OL and WR early. I might also trade a few guys for picks this month. Might as well load up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom