If you wanna give Glenn and Allen a break, think about this. (1 Viewer)

This is getting to a point that the real game is not between the Saints vs an opponent...any opponent..... its starting to look like the Saints offense vs the Saints D, where the Saints O tries to win the game vs the Saints D who tries to lose it....b/c they don't know better

We've had multiple DCs, dozens of players, and we get the same results. What makes you all think New DC or secondary coach will suddenly fix our issues? There's been one common denominator the last 15 years of defensive struggles and it isn't DC or players

There is a running quote on this forum that has been in place for years. It is unchanged and reflects poor coaching considering we have signed big names to to answer the question and have gotten nothing from the position.

"Can He Play Safety?".
The answer is "maybe"

Can we coach up the secondary?
The answer is no.

Lattimore's regression and Jenoris' struggles is a clear sign that these coaches suck for real. Latt became a ProBowler using the skillset he learned at Ohio. Both of the Jenkins were elite ProBowlers with their former teams and both look lost in this defense sometimes.

If not for an amazing solo stop by Davenport on a crucial 3rd down, we would have nothing good to say about the defensive game plan. Some will say, " but we won, can you just be happy about that?", to which my reply is, of course. But if you can't recognize the glaring problem that is Allen and Glenn, then how can you really expect to not have your heart broken in the most epic ways.

Saying that we've been saying "can he play safety" for years on this forum is understated. That predates back before the Nebraska ball hawking phenom known as Josh Bollocks came to New Orleans. Over 15 years ago. I don't think the fact that we've held onto our meta motto is suddenly a reflection of our current coaching staff. This was a really strong secondary a year or so ago, mostly same players and coaches. Should not have brought back Jenkins. He's added nothing but trouble.

Prime example - Darren Waller ! How do you scout a team see a player had 90 Receptions last year and let him run wild on you?

All game long nobody got in his face NOT ON A SINGLE PLAY . He beat every single player in our Secondary atleast once , yet you double him before doing the smart thing first . Jam him at the line disrupt his route and timing hit him early and often and take your chances .

We did nothing let him go for 10+ catches and dominant all game

Prime example - Darren Waller ! How do you scout a team see a player had 90 Receptions last year and let him run wild on you?

All game long nobody got in his face NOT ON A SINGLE PLAY . He beat every single player in our Secondary atleast once , yet you double him before doing the smart thing first . Jam him at the line disrupt his route and timing hit him early and often and take your chances .

We did nothing let him go for 10+ catches and dominant all game

Now you know how other fan bases felt with Michael thomas last year

I'm not playing the stupid card bobad, I'm pointing out that they are the problem. And I'd definetely fire them both come seasons end.

Fine but you misspelled "now".

Michael Thomas is a receiver , 6’3 215 pounds , lines up outside . Teams double him all game he just beats them

Darren Waller is 6’7 -260 you line someone up on him his numbers get sliced in half. Easily

The D"s wake up call is coming soon.
Continuous poor play will put them front
and center in the spotlight. Just waiting for one of Can Jordans cute little remarks to diffuse the situation. Put up or shut up. Talk is cheap when the stats say ur đź’©

Exactly. Everyone knew the ball was going to Thomas, nobody could stop it. Sometimes a guy is just THAT good, Darren Waller is one of those guys.

Back to the thread, I've been torched here for defending Allen. To me if anyone is suspect it's Glenn. The mistakes we're seeing are basic fundamentals of playing Safety/Corner. Allen isn't in charge of position fundamentals, that's Glenn's job. We should not be asking ourselves what Williams is doing every - single - game at this point in his career.

As far as Allen's "scheme" being too complex, okay. You show an NFL level quarterback the same pre-post snap read and see how that works out for you. You'll get picked apart.

You wait for Mike Zimmer

I would be all for that. He has a great defensive track record and its not about superstars but scheme and coaching. He's good friends with Payton too.

Unfortunately it does nothing for us this year. Not real sure he steps down to DC if they fire him.

Bears appear to be "decent" and I am concerned about this game, but mainly because of the painted, mud field and the weather. Forecasts show it to be above freezing ( which is good ) but it should be windy. Our passing and kicking games are likely to struggle.

Weather.com says "Breezy".

Wunderground shows the wind speeds in the lower 20's: https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/il/chicago

Windchill of 29!

NOTE: Kickoff is at 3:25p CST

ETA: Hmmm, maybe they misspelled "Brees-y"

Last edited:
So, do you think Payton should fire them now, or wait until the season is over?
I don't think you can fire them. Wouldn't a new hire have to spend 2 weeks in covid-19 protocol?

So essentially you'd have to feel better about being without coaches for two weeks or that you have the answer in house and just need to adjust assignments.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom