IHOP to Change Name (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I assume the new name stands for International House of Breakfast - and yes they have a lot more than pancakes and always did but why bother? ( and why a lower case “b”?)

It reminds me a bit of a few years ago when Pizza Hut tried to rebrand as "The Hut" and trying to get people to view it as a dine in Italian restaurant.

That didn't work and didn't last long and I don't think this will either
==========================================================================
IHOP is hinting that a big change is coming -- with just the small flip of a letter.

The pancake chain, in a tweet Monday morning, suggested that it would change its name from "IHOP" to "IHOb" starting June 11.

That's right. It's not a typo, although the company has not disclosed the meaning of the new acronym.

“We’re serious about the quality of food and our menu, and this name change really reflects that,” says Stephanie Peterson, IHOP’s executive director of communications.

Founded in suburban Los Angeles by Al and Jerry Lapin in 1958, the International House of Pancakes shortened its name to IHOP in 1973, according to the company's website. Now, 45 years later, IHOP appears to be heading for another tweak....................

IHOP tweet hints at changing name to 'IHOb' starting June 11

Last edited:
I assume the new name stands for International House of Breakfast - and yes they have a lot more than pancakes and always did but why bother?

It reminds me a bit of a few years ago when Pizza Hut tried to rebrand as "The Hut" and trying to get people to view it as a dine in Italian restaurant.

I think you are thinking of Dominos going from "Dominos Pizza" to just "Dominos". "The Hut" is what Pizza Hut refers to their "express" stores that don't have the full Pizza Hut menus.

No pecan waffles or scatttered smothered and covered make it < waffle/huddle house

YS8PLVpcyhjaXzBZwzJ93O93W5blxqXQg-qqTIFEBXG0EG-OLRlgERwItSphhZ9imcpJQ35f0I7-s2FAZcQUHktJjU3-iMOTYuK2eFTQcctukZoxW9TzIvNAtrTNnR5YVtd7S5tX-4.png

Haven't been very often; but the best scrambled eggs I've ever had was at an IHOP.

FWIW, it's highly unlikely this will be a true thing...because there are no pending or approved trademarks, etc for IHOb.

Some have speculated this is to (re)introduce Upside Down Pineapple Cake items. Hence the lower case b from P...if you flip "P" vertically, it's "b". I personally think that makes a lot of sense.

And either way, it's working with the "announcement." We have a thread about it, and people are talking, and I'm commenting.

Yeah, wasn’t thinking burgers. I suppose burritos would have been an even bigger surprise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom