I'm itching for baseball (1 Viewer)

They may be better than we think, but I doubt they make the playoffs (I say that every year). They're are some dang good AL teams that could easily upset them.

Boston
Detroit
Anaheim/Oakland/Seattle
and CLEVELAND for the WC.

They may be better than we think, but I doubt they make the playoffs (I say that every year). They're are some dang good AL teams that could easily upset them.

Boston
Detroit
Anaheim/Oakland/Seattle
and CLEVELAND for the WC.

I'd take Oakland out of there since they shipped out Haren, but very good point with the rest. Hell, I'm a little worried about the Sox with Schilling out and some inevitable regression from Lowell and a few other players. I think the young guns should help us out though.

I'm itching for baseball

y1pxvNgMFKudXisUU3Peoc-xpbAKmqTGJIn.jpg

Im itching to pwn all of you in the SR.com fantasy baseball league. :hihi:

I was a little late reading that thread so I missed out on the SR.com fantasy baseball league. You guys would own me anyway, this is my first year playing.

I was a little late reading that thread so I missed out on the SR.com fantasy baseball league. You guys would own me anyway, this is my first year playing.

Actually there is still one spot open right now. I dont know if we have a 12th man that just hasnt signed up yet or if the league creator lsu31always (I think it was him anyway) has somebody lined up, but maybe you can still get in.

Let's just see if he's not more of a product of good catching and pitch calling.

Seriously?

He shook off Posada countless times last season, and only threw 2 different pitches almost exclusively. Joba is the real deal and will only improve as he works on his secondary pitches and learns how to set up hitters with his pitch selection.

Seriously?

He shook off Posada countless times last season, and only threw 2 different pitches almost exclusively. Joba is the real deal and will only improve as he works on his secondary pitches and learns how to set up hitters with his pitch selection.

Well, that's why I kept it at "good" and not great. Guidry nor Posada call a great game. That was part of my point. It's not as bad as Javy Lopez, but it's nothing to be happy about either. Joba shook off many pitches because they were trying to get him to expand his pitches, but his confidence wasn't all that yet with the other pitches. Guidry and Posada, I read in the Post IIRC, forced him into those pitches and he refused for the most part. I don't really blame the kid given the situation he and the team were in for most of last season.

Very true about setting up pitchers though. You can't setup anyone with just two pitches, I don't care how good your location is. There are some who can, but not very many. Joba will be good and I hope he gets a pitching coach that is better than Guidry IMO.

Well, that's why I kept it at "good" and not great. Guidry nor Posada call a great game. That was part of my point. It's not as bad as Javy Lopez, but it's nothing to be happy about either. Joba shook off many pitches because they were trying to get him to expand his pitches, but his confidence wasn't all that yet with the other pitches. Guidry and Posada, I read in the Post IIRC, forced him into those pitches and he refused for the most part. I don't really blame the kid given the situation he and the team were in for most of last season.

Very true about setting up pitchers though. You can't setup anyone with just two pitches, I don't care how good your location is. There are some who can, but not very many. Joba will be good and I hope he gets a pitching coach that is better than Guidry IMO.

Yeah, only using two pitches won't play mind games with too many batters. He got by on raw stuff last year. Posada is a decent game caller, and I agree about Guidry. I really think the new pitching coach Dave Eiland will be great for the young guys, since he knows their mechanics inside and out from the minors.

I'm especially looking forward to seeing how Joba does for the Yankees this year. I was planning to attend every game in the Yankees/Astros series here in Houston, but there was a lottery for those tickets and I didn't get picked. :( I'm hoping to find a ticket for at least one of the games. I'm primarily an Astros fan now, but I was a Yankees fan first, so they're still my "other team". I'm so glad I got to attend a few games at Yankee Stadium since this is it's last year...:( Still wish they had paid to do another complete refurbishment rather than build a whole new stadium. The magic is in the old stadium; I don't see how the new park can have that same mystique.

I'm also anxious to see what Girardi can do as the Yankees manager. I watched him catch many games in pinstripes, and it's nice to have him back in the Bronx.

I am diggin the Sox again this year!!!

Lineup looks the same (Coco and Ellsbury swaped roles)

Ellsbury
Pedroia
Ortiz
Manny
Lowell
Youk
Drew
Tek
Lugo

Pitching still Solid
Beckett
Dice-K
Wake
Lester
Bucholtz
(sprinkle Schill in there in a few months)

Okijima
Pap

Only person we lost is Gagne (thank god) I see another title this year. Lets hope for a good season and minimal injuries for all teams.

I think obviously New York is gonna be an obstical for us (like every year) But I think Detroit with thier offseason is about the only team that has me worried a little. Sox didn't really get better, we pretty much stayed the same. Only penciled Jacoby in there instead of Coco (which we did alot last year anyways) Detroit adding Willis was a good move but putting Migel in the center of that lineup is probably the most signifigant upgrade in the offseason by any team (including the Mets landing Santana)

Which I still don't understand. I think the Sox and Yankees had 100 times better prospect on the table than what they eventually got from the Mets, but ship him over to the national league was probably the thinking that ultimatly sealed the deal.

I'm especially looking forward to seeing how Joba does for the Yankees this year. I was planning to attend every game in the Yankees/Astros series here in Houston, but there was a lottery for those tickets and I didn't get picked. :( I'm hoping to find a ticket for at least one of the games. I'm primarily an Astros fan now, but I was a Yankees fan first, so they're still my "other team". I'm so glad I got to attend a few games at Yankee Stadium since this is it's last year...:( Still wish they had paid to do another complete refurbishment rather than build a whole new stadium. The magic is in the old stadium; I don't see how the new park can have that same mystique.

I'm also anxious to see what Girardi can do as the Yankees manager. I watched him catch many games in pinstripes, and it's nice to have him back in the Bronx.
Marmol > Joba :D
runinafire.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom