Inflation here? gas/grocery prices just continue to climb (4 Viewers)

Some of them are BS as a lot of that stuff I buy regularly, so something is going on with vendors or west coast costs or something, because those are not universal increases.
I just did a google search for many of those items and many of them are coming up accurate from the article.

Some even higher.

This was just one example.

I just did a google search for many of those items and many of them are coming up accurate from the article.

Some even higher.

This was just one example.

The other aspect the article didnt discuss- transportation costs ( unless i missed it )

Most restaurants have their product delivered. That product has to go from farm to distributor and then from distributor to restaurant. Increased fuel costs are driving costs up for the independent operator ( which many are in both restaurants and delivery ).

Well it looks like the inflation spikes we saw in January and February were not just seasonal anomalies as described by many like Tom Lee and others noted.

Yeah, this isn't shocking at all. And I'm seeing some try to say that wages are keeping up, which is nonsense. Wages are going up, but they always...always lag inflation. Purchasing power is down across the board. People have to work multiple jobs in many cases to maintain a standard of living when at one time a full time job was previously sufficient.

Yeah, this isn't shocking at all. And I'm seeing some try to say that wages are keeping up, which is nonsense. Wages are going up, but they always...always lag inflation. Purchasing power is down across the board. People have to work multiple jobs in many cases to maintain a standard of living when at one time a full time job was previously sufficient.
Agree, increases in wages takes years to have an impact if any at all. The real problem/culprit was the huge amounts of money printing the federal reserve did, of which a huge majority went to banks. Also you insight about multiple jobs is what is making the unemployment numbers so robust and how we get this illusion of adding jobs when they are second and third jobs being added rather than career type jobs.

Even the good jobs aren't enough. Housing prices have skyrocketed. I wouldn't be able to buy my house at the current prices combined with the interest rate being nearly triple what it was when I bought it. What is the minimum requirement for a down payment on a mortgage now?

I work with kids who work ridiculous overtime and can't buy a house. Their rent on two bedroom apartments is higher than my mortgage.

Things are not as easy for people getting started as they were for us. I worked two jobs to get my first house. I don't think that would work now.

I cant say wages are going up for my company, pay raises have gone down from 5% to 1.5% now and that started last year on top of a temporary salary reduction due to Covid. Lets talk job market, as there are jobs out there for my occupation as a project manager but I am hard pressed to find anyone to match my salary for a lateral move much less find a higher paying one.

I cant say wages are going up for my company, pay raises have gone down from 5% to 1.5% now and that started last year on top of a temporary salary reduction due to Covid. Lets talk job market, as there are jobs out there for my occupation as a project manager but I am hard pressed to find anyone to match my salary for a lateral move much less find a higher paying one.
Indeed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom