Is Anyone Hiring? Permission Received From Andrus to Post (2 Viewers)

I don't, sorry. I got my position via personal contacts...
No worries. Appreciate it. I will play around with the search criteria in the morning. I have been up doing job searches since 5am. Had enough for today.

Any tips on narrowing the job search? I got to pg 40 and started getting a headache.
see if this helps:

see if this helps:

Thanks. I applied to a couple, but I am not holding my breath. I do not have any of the experience or qualifications they require. I don't think looking in the medical field is going to work for me.

My uncle works for Jefferson Parish, in the playground department (I'm not sure exactly what it's called. they oversee all of the public playgrounds in Jeff parish.) Anyways, he knows the head honcho and he will ask if they some kind of office gig available. We'll see I guess.

Thanks. I applied to a couple, but I am not holding my breath. I do not have any of the experience or qualifications they require. I don't think looking in the medical field is going to work for me.

My uncle works for Jefferson Parish, in the playground department (I'm not sure exactly what it's called. they oversee all of the public playgrounds in Jeff parish.) Anyways, he knows the head honcho and he will ask if they some kind of office gig available. We'll see I guess.
Just in case they come a calling, learn the name of the department. ;)

Has anyone here ever worked with like Carmax or Carvana or something like that when it comes to selling your car? I am going to have to sell my Mustang in order to stay afloat. It ran fine up until about a month ago. Then the fuel pump fuse kept blowing, so I thought the fuel pump was bad and I had it replaced. It ran fine for like a week after and then that fuse kept blowing again. It's got to be an electrical problem. I can't afford to have it fixed and I know nothing about cars. It's a 2013, sky blue, appx 50k miles. I am hoping I get $3-4k from one of those car buyers.

Has anyone here ever worked with like Carmax or Carvana or something like that when it comes to selling your car? I am going to have to sell my Mustang in order to stay afloat. It ran fine up until about a month ago. Then the fuel pump fuse kept blowing, so I thought the fuel pump was bad and I had it replaced. It ran fine for like a week after and then that fuse kept blowing again. It's got to be an electrical problem. I can't afford to have it fixed and I know nothing about cars. It's a 2013, sky blue, appx 50k miles. I am hoping I get $3-4k from one of those car buyers.
Yes. After my mother in law died, we sold her car to Carmax in Kenner. It was a pretty straightforward process. You enter in the VIN and describe the condition of the vehicle. They come back with a price and you have a week to let them know if you agree and to bring the car in for inspection. If it's in good condition other than the fuse/fuel pump issue, you might get a good bit more than that.

Yes. After my mother in law died, we sold her car to Carmax in Kenner. It was a pretty straightforward process. You enter in the VIN and describe the condition of the vehicle. They come back with a price and you have a week to let them know if you agree and to bring the car in for inspection.
Yeah, I got an offer for $3,800 just now. Im going to take the weekend to think about it. However, I just did it like 10 minutes ago and now Im getting bombarded with text messages and emails. I hate that they do that.

Yeah, I got an offer for $3,800 just now. Im going to take the weekend to think about it. However, I just did it like 10 minutes ago and now Im getting bombarded with text messages and emails. I hate that they do that.
I've heard good things about Carmax and they seem to offer a pretty good price and you avoid a lot of one-on-one hassle trying to sell yourself.

I had a friend that bought a mini-van from Carvana and it was a lemon (I drove it and there was a large amount of water sloshing back and forth under the floorboard) and not sure if it was his fault or not (took to long to return?), but he took a big hit getting rid of it. Take that for what it's worth.

I've heard good things about Carmax and they seem to offer a pretty good price and you avoid a lot of one-on-one hassle trying to sell yourself.

I had a friend that bought a mini-van from Carvana and it was a lemon (I drove it and there was a large amount of water sloshing back and forth under the floorboard) and not sure if it was his fault or not (took to long to return?), but he took a big hit getting rid of it. Take that for what it's worth.
I'll decide over the weekend if I am going to sell it. Like I said, it doesn't run. I don't know why that fuse keeps blowing. I can't afford to fix it though.

I'll decide over the weekend if I am going to sell it. Like I said, it doesn't run. I don't know why that fuse keeps blowing. I can't afford to fix it though.

I’ve used Carmax to buy my last 3 or 4 vehicles, and have had nothing but great experiences with them.. That said, in ur current situation - have you thought about applying to work for them ? I’ve heard they don’t require related automotive experience, and I know firsthand they don’t haggle so it’s probably more of a base salary than straight commission (though I think they do make some bonuses ).. Plus, then maybe you could afford to keep ur car . :)

I’ve used Carmax to buy my last 3 or 4 vehicles, and have had nothing but great experiences with them.. That said, in ur current situation - have you thought about applying to work for them ? I’ve heard they don’t require related automotive experience, and I know firsthand they don’t haggle so it’s probably more of a base salary than straight commission (though I think they do make some bonuses ).. Plus, then maybe you could afford to keep ur car . :)
I have applied there. I applied to many dealerships even though I do not have the personality to be a successful salesman. I am so desperate, I have applied to be a dishwasher at Dots Diner.

I know someone that works for Intralox. They sent me a link for a Web Content job opening. It seems like its mostly managing their Wiki page. I applied, but after these last few months, its hard to have any hope of a phone call

I have applied there. I applied to many dealerships even though I do not have the personality to be a successful salesman. I am so desperate, I have applied to be a dishwasher at Dots Diner.

I know someone that works for Intralox. They sent me a link for a Web Content job opening. It seems like its mostly managing their Wiki page. I applied, but after these last few months, its hard to have any hope of a phone call
Go back to their web page and see if the job is still posted.

So far today I have heard back from Treasure Chest, CarMax, and Dots Diner....all said no.

I need a miracle. I am so scared.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom