Is Anyone Hiring? Permission Received From Andrus to Post (1 Viewer)

I have applied there. I applied to many dealerships even though I do not have the personality to be a successful salesman. I am so desperate, I have applied to be a dishwasher at Dots Diner.

I know someone that works for Intralox. They sent me a link for a Web Content job opening. It seems like its mostly managing their Wiki page. I applied, but after these last few months, its hard to have any hope of a phone call

Not sure if this works for you but if you have reliable transportation with insurance, try ride sharing and/or delivery service.

Has anyone here ever worked with like Carmax or Carvana or something like that when it comes to selling your car? I am going to have to sell my Mustang in order to stay afloat. It ran fine up until about a month ago. Then the fuel pump fuse kept blowing, so I thought the fuel pump was bad and I had it replaced. It ran fine for like a week after and then that fuse kept blowing again. It's got to be an electrical problem. I can't afford to have it fixed and I know nothing about cars. It's a 2013, sky blue, appx 50k miles. I am hoping I get $3-4k from one of those car buyers.
I worked at carmax as a part time gig and did really well.

This is the company I work for - maybe they have something that would be a fit for you...

My wife was out of work for 6 months. She has been Executive Admin for a while. But she also had experience in Gov't Affairs in the Finance world.
When she lost her job back in late December, she really had a hard time finding work close to her Salary range. She has no degree but she has done that type of work for over 20 years. But most of the jobs that fit in her salary range require a degree. But the jobs with the salary range below that she really wants, she gets the 'over qualified' bit. She would go to an interview or two thinking she had it locked up, but then 'we are going in a different direction' email.. one mentioned in an interview, that it was really below her skill and salary, they were worried she wouldn't stay long because she may find a better job that fit her experience. The corp world is messed up with wanting degrees over experience.
She finally got a job at the hospital as an Executive Admin a few weeks ago and one of her bosses already wants to hire our daughter for his practice when he found out she was in school for LPN. I guess sometimes things fall into place..

i skimmed through this thread and i guess i missed it.
Where do you live ( I assume NO) and how far are you willing to commute?
I live in the Harahan/River Ridge area to be exact. As far as commuting, Im not really sure as I havent given it much thought. I am open to it as long as its reasonable.

My wife was out of work for 6 months. She has been Executive Admin for a while. But she also had experience in Gov't Affairs in the Finance world.
When she lost her job back in late December, she really had a hard time finding work close to her Salary range. She has no degree but she has done that type of work for over 20 years. But most of the jobs that fit in her salary range require a degree. But the jobs with the salary range below that she really wants, she gets the 'over qualified' bit. She would go to an interview or two thinking she had it locked up, but then 'we are going in a different direction' email.. one mentioned in an interview, that it was really below her skill and salary, they were worried she wouldn't stay long because she may find a better job that fit her experience. The corp world is messed up with wanting degrees over experience.
She finally got a job at the hospital as an Executive Admin a few weeks ago and one of her bosses already wants to hire our daughter for his practice when he found out she was in school for LPN. I guess sometimes things fall into place..
Yeah, its tough. But I want everyone here to understand that I am not just applying to jobs with high salaries. I am just looking for something that can pay the bills

Yeah, its tough. But I want everyone here to understand that I am not just applying to jobs with high salaries. I am just looking for something that can pay the bills
yea, but a lot of places don't like to hire 'over qualified' people. or when they say no experirence required, but don't really mean it.
So when you see people say stuff like "theres no excuse for someone not working when everyone is hiring' they are clueless to that fact.
My wife was starting to get down on herself for being out of work that long, escpecially when she was willing to take a big paycut. The job she just got was below her range, but she's confident her work ethic and skill will fix that over the next couple years.

This is the company I work for - maybe they have something that would be a fit for you...
If you apply, please DM me. If a referral bonus is paid, I'll split it with you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom