Jimmy Carter Enters Hospice Care at Home {Edit: Rosalynn Carter has passed (11/19/2023)} (2 Viewers)

Mrs. Carter has now been diagnosed with dementia, but is staying at Jimmy's side.

Washington CNN — Rosalynn Carter, the former first lady of the United States and wife of former President Jimmy Carter, has dementia, the Carter Center announced on Tuesday.

“The Carter family is sharing that former First Lady Rosalynn Carter has dementia. She continues to live happily at home with her husband, enjoying spring in Plains and visits with loved ones,” the center announced. Additional details about Carter, 95, were not immediately provided and the Center said it did not expect to comment further.

The Center said that, in sharing news of Carter’s diagnosis, it helped to “increase important conversations at kitchen tables and in doctor’s offices around the country.” As first lady, Carter made mental health advocacy her platform and formed a presidential commission on the matter during her time in the White House, a legacy that continues today.

Godspeed President Carter. At age 95 you were building homes for those who had no home. The Allman Brothers backed your run for president. Those two things alone put you in the hall of fame in my book.

Oh, and there's that Bachelor of Science degree from the US Naval Academy.

You win. Peace and Blessings on your Journey
I'm not sure about the rest of the band, but Ronnie Van Zandt was also a huge supporter of President Carter.

That he's still hanging on is amazing to me. He entered hospice in Feb., I've never known anyone to live beyond a month or two.
I hope they are comfortable and at peace.
Yep. At this point, though, I am not going to be surprised if Rosalynn goes first.

Dementia's a horrible thing but, man, these two had a helluva run and are going out together.

Yep. At this point, though, I am not going to be surprised if Rosalynn goes first.

Dementia's a horrible thing but, man, these two had a helluva run and are going out together.
Maybe Jimmy been hanging on so his wife can join him, heh.

They've both certainly had full lives and will be missed.

I'm not sure about the rest of the band, but Ronnie Van Zandt was also a huge supporter of President Carter.
Lynyrd Skynyrd was perhaps the most misunderstood band by its fans. Sweet Home Alabama is almost as misinterpreted as Born in the USA. Skynyrd however, knowing the demographics of its fan base, couched its lyrics in a bit of good ole boy rhetoric. You really had to read between the lines.

"In Birmingham they loved the governor, (Boo boo boo)" really meant "**** on ya

Last edited:
Lynyrd Skynyrd was perhaps the most misunderstood band by its fans. Sweet Home Alabama is almost as misinterpreted as Born in the USA. Skynyrd however, knowing the demographics of its fan base, couched its lyrics in a bit of good ole by rhetoric. You really had to read between the lines.

"In Birmingham they loved the governor, (Boo boo boo)" really meant "**** on ya
Saturday Night Special is another.

Ain't good for nothing except put a man 6 feet in the hole. I always believed the song promoted some
form of gun control.

Ain't good for nothing except put a man 6 feet in the hole. I always believed the song promoted some
form of gun control.
That Smell was anti-drug.

Down South Jukin' was always my favorite

"And do some down south jukin'
Lookin' for a peace of mind"

form of gun control.
Exactly. Like their song ‘That Smell’. They certainly weren’t promoting a life of self destruction.

Ronnie was writing a lot of songs that was actually warning others about the dangers of certain lifestyles. No doubt many of the lessons were from his own personal experiences. ‘Gimme Three Steps’ comes to mind. :scratch:

Exactly. Like their song ‘That Smell’. They certainly weren’t promoting a life of self destruction.

Ronnie was writing a lot of songs that was actually warning others about the dangers of certain lifestyles. No doubt many of the lessons were from his own personal experiences. ‘Gimme Three Steps’ comes to mind. :scratch:
Umm, some of us can personally relate to "Gimme Three Steps"

Always glad for my fast car in those days...

All that said, Peace and Blessings be upon Jimmy and Rosalind Carter. You truly will leave this world a better place than you found it. Your good works will be known.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom