N/S Justin Fields traded to the Steelers for a conditional 6th round pick (1 Viewer)

Justin Fields is not a viable starter in this league. Trading Fields for a 6th round pick says it all. Maybe he proves me wrong, but the fact is as of now that he’s too inconsistent.
Time will tell, especially considering the fact that the Bears were a weak team outside of QB and ran an offense that didn't fit the QBs strengths, ignoring he actually got better year after year in the system. I'm not saying that he is a world beater but dang, put him in an actual position to succeed and let him grow. Again, I think this is perfect for him because Russ will probably be a good mentor for him, as well as Tomlin, and Arthur Smith is actually a pretty good OC.

Some teams just aren't scared to make things happen. Wow.
Agree. Would have been a no brainer. Rally wish the Saints would have made that deal. If nothing else, he is a solid backup for less than $3 million. So, the Steelers revamp their QB room for less than $4 million for 2 former starters.

Can't have our QB getting all nervous with competition, I guess. Doesn't surprise me.
Beginning to think that we are handling Carr and his fragile psyche with kid gloves. Should be worried about the entire team. DA is laser focused on keeping Carr happy.

Not sure if said, but at the very least I would have kept Fields and used him in a backup QB/Taysom role instead of banking on a 5th giving the team a playmaker. Dood can run.

Shirt, for a 5th and $3 million the Saints could have had two Taysoms for a year.

Yawn. A coach who talks (correctly) about setting up their QB to succeed doesn't mean that that player was therefore less talented/capable than the QB whose coach isn't quoted as saying something along those lines.

A straw man within a straw man, just to protect the myth of the player who can't earn and keep a starting position.

Good move by the Steelers. They had a situation at QB so they are taking steps to address that situation. They bring in Russ and now give up next to nothing for Fields. No risk, huge upside. If Russ earns the starting job then at the very least Fields could be used like Taysom to run Wildcat type stuff. Good weapon to have.

Beginning to think that we are handling Carr and his fragile psyche with kid gloves. Should be worried about the entire team. DA is laser focused on keeping Carr happy.
It’s time to accept the fact that the QB who threw for 3900 yards, 25 TDs, 8INTs, 68% completion, and a 98 rating is your starter because he actually earned the role, no matter how bad you think he is in your head.

It’s also time to accept that there’s nothing weird or wrong about the team not trading random picks for bust first rounders to come compete with him.

It’s time to accept the fact that the QB who threw for 3900 yards, 25 TDs, 8INTs, 68% completion, and a 98 rating is your starter because he actually earned the role, no matter how bad you think he is in your head.

It’s also time to accept that there’s nothing weird or wrong about the team not trading random picks for bust first rounders to come compete with him.

Statlighting us won’t work. Dalton had numbers in the ballpark and he had no business being a starter. Carr is an average QB, and it wouldn’t hurt to have a young QB developing behind him.

But we have to coddle Carr. This isn’t news, he has been a bit of a baby his whole career.

Statlighting us won’t work. Dalton had numbers in the ballpark and he had no business being a starter. Carr is an average QB, and it wouldn’t hurt to have a young QB developing behind him.

But we have to coddle Carr. This isn’t news, he has been a bit of a baby his whole career.

What if the coaches like Haener more than Fields as a prospect?

It’s not just stats. He also won nine games and would have easily won 10 and made the playoffs had he not gotten hurt in the GB game. He was playing like a top five QB the last five games of the season both in wins and stats.

Is he not allowed to improve? The perceptions of Carr around here are so overblown.

If you want a young QB, draft one who actually fits.

interesting with the Russell Wilson signing

Not at all puzzling, someone actually called this earlier in the week. Steelers are wise not to pin the season's hopes on RW (who I think is on his last legs).....

Maybe I'm imagining things but I really thought the light was starting to come on for Fields at the end of last year.....so it would make perfect sense for the Bears to trade him for next to nothing....it's what they do.....

Nate Peterson career stats- 6yrs in the league, 712 yds passing , 4 TDs, 13Ints :ROFLMAO: Iam gonna say it and flag all you want. This Saints team will be a bottom feeder in the NFL next year. oh yea at the 14 pick go ahead and pick another game changer at offensive tackle, again. We have a QB that was booed so loud in the superdome last year it blew a speaker in the sound bar at the house , Do we remember this people?? We have a head coach with a lifetime win and loss record as is-24-46:p,Why should we expect anything different this coming year ??? Time will tell but dont get your hopes up

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom