Kamara extended! (5yrs/$77M) [merged] (1 Viewer)

I agree that is probably the trade off. Gotta pay Ram so it came down to Latt or AK41. But knowing ML he may find a way for both

When has SP ever had a bad offensive line? Rarely. Let Ram walk and draft somebody else. I'd much rather have a rookie RT starting than let Lattimore walk and go back to the Browner days.

When has SP ever had a bad offensive line? Rarely. Let Ram walk and draft somebody else. I'd much rather have a rookie RT starting than let Lattimore walk and go back to the Browner days.
2013 2014 2015

Brees just covered them up with his prime pocket mobility.

I don’t think it’s really a question if we have to choose between Ram and Lattimore, we choose Ram. He’s an all pro tackle just now about to hit is prime. I love Latt and want or keep both but he has had blunders, and we are going to need our elite o-line for the post Brees era

Doing the math, if he plays well and makes it to the end of the contract:

8 years, 80 million

$10 million a year would be a mega steal

The only thing that matters is the $34 million guaranteed, which means we can cut him after only 2 years.

I'm shocked the guaranteed money was so low.

So I'm fine with the contract signing.
It's the 3rd highest guarantee for a RB just below CMC, so why are you so shocked it was "so low?"

Need to see the full details to decide if I like this deal. On initial reports it seems a bit too much but it could also be constructed where there is an easy out for the Saints after 2022 with minimal cap hit due to the low signing bonus.

Not doing a comparison or anything, but kinda sad Ingram's career revenues are ~$32m.

(well, on the other hand my career revenues are far less attractive too lol)

It's the 3rd highest guarantee for a RB just below CMC, so why are you so shocked it was "so low?"

Not sure how great you are with math but:

McCaffrey 60% of contract is guaranteed money
Kamara 46% of contract is guaranteed money

From that standpoint, I do like the deal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom