Karate Kid Sequel (3 Viewers)

The return of Terry Silver was great. I loved how in the beginning he points out the ridiculousness of his villainy from Karate Kid II ("I spent months torturing a teenager.") and then spends the rest of the season transforming right back into that guy.

The return of Terry Silver was great. I loved how in the beginning he points out the ridiculousness of his villainy from Karate Kid II ("I spent months torturing a teenager.") and then spends the rest of the season transforming right back into that guy.
In one of those episodes, I thought he was bringing back Mike Barnes. But I guess he'll come back for the next season.

I think by showing that they're damaged and that even if they're kind of over the top in their villainy you still feel some sympathy for them because of what caused them to end up there. There may be mustache twirling but it's rarely bad for the sake of bad. Nearly everyone on this show is carrying some hardcore baggage/emotional damage.
You definitely saw that in the Kreese episodes in season 3.

BTW, I love the shows self awareness. They make some meta jokes about things that are cheesy or make no sense, and they also address how unhinged some of the adults behaved in the movies.
But they do it while also selling it. No one is winking at the camera or anything. They'll sort of point out how absurd something is, and then just accept thhat's the way things are and let's just solve the next problem. It's brilliant.

I guess all there is to bring back at this point is Mike Barnes, Hillary Swank, and CGI Pat Morita. Any bets now on which, if any, we'll see?

I guess all there is to bring back at this point is Mike Barnes, Hillary Swank, and CGI Pat Morita. Any bets now on which, if any, we'll see?
If anything, I can see Barnes.

If anything, I can see Barnes.
He's probably the most likely of that group. But I could see Daniel taking a bad turn next season and then the only other student of Miyagi we know of (Swank) coming in to bring him back

He's probably the most likely of that group. But I could see Daniel taking a bad turn next season and then the only other student of Miyagi we know of (Swank) coming in to bring him back
Am I the only that thought part 3 was so bad that it's not worth it to remember Swank's name in the movie?

Am i the only one who thought Silver looked and sounded like Christopher Walken in some of the scenes?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom