Karen Memes (3 Viewers)

I'm not sure she qualifies 100% as a Karen. A real Karen would've heard the phone ring in her purse, and still blamed the guy in the hoodie, saying he slipped into her purse via some magic his race possesses. Karen's don't apologize.

Perhaps there is room in the "Karen" family for a passive aggressive Karen?
what I'm wondering is how this 'Karen' described this incident to her friends afterwards

The Good Karens aren’t happy with us.

And I’m so sorry. But I’m not entirely sorry, even after getting emails from a bunch of folks sick of hearing the name maligned. Because the Bad Karen meme is good for society. Especially today, as it’s become an efficient way to learn about Whiteness. Let me explain.

By now, you’ve surely heard the name “Karen” used as a catchall term to describe an entitled, demanding White woman who polices other people’s behavior to create her own perfect microclimate, usually punching down on service workers who don’t cater to her needs or on people of color who are doing, well, anything.

At her most meddling, she uses the power she believes she’s entitled to as a hall monitor on steroids: Karen calls the police to report Black children swimming in the pool at the hotel, where their family was staying. She demands to speak to the manager after waiting 18 minutes for the shredded cheese she wants on her fajitas (cheese isn’t part of traditional fajitas).

At her most dangerous, she weaponizes her White femininity to attack people of color while claiming victimhood: Karen calls the police on a Black birdwatcher in Central Park, saying he’s menacing because he asked her to leash her unlawfully free-running dog. She tells men a 14-year-old Black boy hit on her when he didn’t, prompting them to murder a young Emmett Till.

The personality — a toxic and dangerous one — exists. But until the “Karen” persona was born, memefied and applied to high-profile incidents of racist behavior in public, there wasn’t a shorthand way to explain the virulent strain of whiteness to White people, who’d never bothered to understand Black wariness.

Now, White people see her.

It went mainstream in a huge way last year with that Central Park incident when Amy Cooper called 911 and told the birdwatcher she was going to use his race against him. And this is as close as America can come to seeing the deeper story behind Till’s murder............

The Good Karens aren’t happy with us.

And I’m so sorry. But I’m not entirely sorry, even after getting emails from a bunch of folks sick of hearing the name maligned. Because the Bad Karen meme is good for society. Especially today, as it’s become an efficient way to learn about Whiteness. Let me explain.

By now, you’ve surely heard the name “Karen” used as a catchall term to describe an entitled, demanding White woman who polices other people’s behavior to create her own perfect microclimate, usually punching down on service workers who don’t cater to her needs or on people of color who are doing, well, anything.

At her most meddling, she uses the power she believes she’s entitled to as a hall monitor on steroids: Karen calls the police to report Black children swimming in the pool at the hotel, where their family was staying. She demands to speak to the manager after waiting 18 minutes for the shredded cheese she wants on her fajitas (cheese isn’t part of traditional fajitas).

At her most dangerous, she weaponizes her White femininity to attack people of color while claiming victimhood: Karen calls the police on a Black birdwatcher in Central Park, saying he’s menacing because he asked her to leash her unlawfully free-running dog. She tells men a 14-year-old Black boy hit on her when he didn’t, prompting them to murder a young Emmett Till.

The personality — a toxic and dangerous one — exists. But until the “Karen” persona was born, memefied and applied to high-profile incidents of racist behavior in public, there wasn’t a shorthand way to explain the virulent strain of whiteness to White people, who’d never bothered to understand Black wariness.

Now, White people see her.

It went mainstream in a huge way last year with that Central Park incident when Amy Cooper called 911 and told the birdwatcher she was going to use his race against him. And this is as close as America can come to seeing the deeper story behind Till’s murder............

Dear Petula. How about you fold your racism until it's all corners and cram it where the sun don't shine?

Karens aren't just a Whiteness thing. It's not just a racial thing. Karens attack service workers of all races, they oppress anyone they see as not Being With Their Program. Karens come in all colors. The thing they have in common is behavior not color, so stop making it about color when it's manifestly not.

Look at this one

WARNING NSFW (LANGUAGE)

Look at this one

WARNING NSFW (LANGUAGE)

When I first read "Delta Karen..." my first thought was "OMG they have different variants too now?"

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom