Keeping Kubiak (Merged) (2 Viewers)

I'm more concerned with him taking most of the offensive staff with him than actually losing him. I think most of the staff are Kubiak's guys.

I think we could keep some of them because we may have some better job titles to offer. My guess is we might promote Janoko to OC. I think we would probably be able to keep either Dennison or Benton but not both.

that's not how it works. If you want a top tier hire, they are going to want to hire their own staff. And what if the new coach is an offensive coach.
I think you missed the point, Kubiak would be promoted to HC. He would bring in his own staff.

I think you missed the point, Kubiak would be promoted to HC. He would bring in his own staff.
NFL teams don’t do this, your dislike of Dennis Allen is not strong enough to re-route this long-flowing river. They would have to, like, fire DA after a 1-6 start, then make KK the interim head coach, and they’d have to run off a 10-game win streak with a playoff win for that to happen. And even then it’d be a maybe

NFL teams don’t do this, your dislike of Dennis Allen is not strong enough to re-route this long-flowing river. They would have to, like, fire DA after a 1-6 start, then make KK the interim head coach, and they’d have to run off a 10-game win streak with a playoff win for that to happen. And even then it’d be a maybe
Not sure where your wires got crossed but I have been one that’s said we can’t fire DA year 1 or year 2 unlike 75% of the fans have been. No matter what you think you can’t expect a new coach to completely change a team without allotting them a certain amount of time. That’s how you become the panthers or browns. So yea good talk.

Not sure where your wires got crossed but I have been one that’s said we can’t fire DA year 1 or year 2 unlike 75% of the fans have been. No matter what you think you can’t expect a new coach to completely change a team without allotting them a certain amount of time. That’s how you become the panthers or browns. So yea good talk.
So then why do you want Allen fired but Kubiak promoted?

So then why do you want Allen fired but Kubiak promoted?
Did I say I want Allen fired? Please read before responding instead of a knee jerk reaction. I said imo they’re exists a possibility where if the saints have a bad season, Allen would be fired and Kubiak could be promoted.

Loomis has been very good with shuffling staff and promoting people with bigger titles and responsibilities in the past. I think he can find a way if circumstances warrent.

Does the current HC Antonio Pierce for the Raiders qualify? 🤔
You’ll see upthread where I said a midseason firing could lead to a promotion from interim to permanent, but the Raiders are also doing damage control on very recent history in not doing exactly this for Rich Bisaccia three years ago.
Or Jerod Mayo, now HC of the Patriots?
Promotion from a head coach stepping down, similar to how Dennis Allen is the coach here after Sean Payton stepped down.

I’ll continue to wait for “we were unhappy with the head coach so we fired him, but we promoted someone from his staff.” Tampa Bay did it with Dirk Koetter after Lovie Smith; he went 19-29 and was fired after three seasons, and they didn’t bother keeping the young quarterback he tutored past his rookie deal, either.

• 1Like
Reactions: RJS
Since I liken this era of the Saints as "Haslett ver2.0" another similarity is (potentially) a good OC who then leaves to become a HC (Mike McCarthy)

Let's project a quick 3-year vision.

Year 1: 10 wins, wild card, close playoff loss on the road. No need to shake up the band, everybody comes back for 2025.
Year 2: 11 wins, division title, playoff win. Kubiak's name garners some attention but he doesn't love any of the situations he could be walking into.
Year 3: 10 wins, wild card, playoff win, playoff win, playoff loss. Now Kubiak's name is rumored everywhere there's a head coaching candidacy about to open. But also... Derek Carr's contract has ended, and Spencer Rattler's there waiting. He's shown flashes in mop-up duty but Carr's durability has seen him play 72 of the 74 games (including playoffs), missing the final game in 2025 when the division was already clinched and one in 2026 due to concussion protocol. The team is ready to see what they've got in Rattler; Carr will turn 36 this offseason.

Do you think Kubiak sticks around for the Rattler era, having developed him for three seasons? Or does he move on and potentially try to trade for Rattler?
I think if Rattler is our Future , we need to give him the coach that had him in mind. Allen’s defensive guys are aging and if we are to compete in the future , it will be because our offense has taken the baton.

If Rattler is all world class, and Kubiak is his guy , let’s not F around and find out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom