London trip (1 Viewer)

I'm ready...just waiting for the info...thanks for the Travelodge referral, btw.

And do you think I might have a chance to stay at Fawlty Towers one night??

How many people have signed up on the www.NFLUK.com website?
I noticed that when you sign up you can tell them that you are interested in buying tickets for a group. That may be the best way for Saints fans in the states to get tickets.
I signed up for group tickets with the intentions that if I could get many, I could spread the wealth to the rest of the people here at SR. Is anyone else thinking that way? Has anyone signed up for the ticket lotto? Or is everyone basically waiting for news from the Saints organization?

I signed up for lottery tickets. Also said group of 16. Will advise if anything comes of this.

I signed up tonight and wrote a letter to the customer service desk saying they should hold some aside for season ticket holders but they will discard it. If i get my tickets, it will prob just be me going on the trip i requested 3

Last edited:
London Trip

Can anyone tell me the exact date of the game in London?? My hubby and I are planning to go for our anniversary besides going to support the Saints. We are season ticket holders and yes anxious to see if they will help us out on package deals.

I got an email from NFLUK about Club level tickets for the London game. It says that tickets will be 125 pounds which equals about $250.
According to the email, the general admission lottery has enough people signed up to fill Wembley six times over.
If Club seats are the only way to assure a ticket, that may be the way I have to go rather than chancing it at the lotto.

Assuming I can get 4, (I only need one) does anyone else want to go the Club route? PM me and let me know. Club seat on sale date is March 25.

Piece of advice.

Last years games saw ticket prices starting around £50($100) and these were for the worst seats in the stadium. The Wembley Club Level is the middle tier of the stadium so they are good seats.

If the ground could have been sold 6 times over by the general admission lottery then it will be a big scramble for tickets when they go on sale.

Although the Club Wembley tickets are more expensive at least you are certain to get a ticket and avoid the rush/panic in May.

I got my tickets from tickmaster.co.uk , got the hotel in Wembly and now need the airfare.... Who else is going?

See the London game thread in the main forum. Might be on page 2 by now.

I spoke with the Saints ticket office on Friday March 28th. They told me that there were no packages set up at this time, but they took my Season ticket holder account number, name and phone number so they could call me when they come up with the packages. The guy said they are pretty sure they will have whole packages, but they don't know how many tickets will be allocated to the team so they haven't put anything together yet. I'll let ya'll know when I hear anything.

CaliSaint...

London

I am arranging my trip now. I have been to London many many many times with November as my last trip. So, I can help anyone with advice that needs help.

For example, airfare now is $1000 per person with the fuel and tax charges. It may go down in the next month or so but the problem is choice seats and choice flights. I pick my flights according to connection time, hubs, seat assignments, where the flight originiates from (so I wont miss connection) , comfort of coach seats (since that s all I can afford) and other variables.

Also, the hotels near Wembley are booked up almost all the good ones and the area isnt the greatest but some are still available.

The currency exchange is the worse it has been since I have been goingto London. I started in 1984 with pound at$ 1.35 and now it is over $2.00.

Hotels are very very expensive and no where need the size and comfort of american hotels but heck you just sleep there and I find something reasonable in price, good in location, and very basic for around $200 a night.

Another thing to consider is luggage since you will probably be toting it from place to place and if you are on budget and use the underground you have to remember the stairs.

Taxis are very very expensive. Car hire is a no no in london with congestion charges and traffic nightmare. I always hire outside of t london to travel but remember they drive on the diffferent side of road! Gas is about $8.00 a gallon. (Thier gallon is a bit larger called the imperial gallon)

Hope this helps. If you need questions answered let me know!! Hey, maybe I will take a tour group! LOL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom