Loomis on WWL 11/28 (1 Viewer)

"I believe with all my heart we've got the right people in the building, umm, I know we do. Umm, there's too many that are good signs. We're twelfth in the league in offense. We just had a game where we had 444 yards."

Dude is delusional or he's lying. Your team scored FIVE FIELD GOALS and got only 15 points. He either knows that things are off the rails or he doesn't. If they get blown out by the Lions, will he then say they were just a better team? How many more losses in a row will it take before he sees that FG's don't win many games without TD's. It happens, but it's not playoff caliber offense and certainly not "twelfth in the league" type of stuff.

Loomis isn't just talking to the fans in these interviews. He's talking to prospective future staff. Anyone who works in football operations for the New Orleans Saints is going to want to know that their boss has their back like Mickey has had the backs of his current coaches. And by the way, as the GM of the Saints, doing anything and everything to keep fans engaged in the product, buying tickets, watching TV, and listening to the radio is expected of him. He's putting his own arse in harm's way by telling the fans that we don't have the coaches and/or players we need to compete and win. That would be terrible PR, and he's been in this game too long to make a rookie mistake and let his ego or emotions get the best of him in public and on the record.

Loomis is a master of saying nothing though.
Which is the reason most people stopped listening to him years ago. It's a waste of time interviewing him, let alone listening to him.

He can no longer hide behind the brilliance of Brees & Payton & He's being exposed for what he is.

Soon enough you'll see many empty seats in the dome and the chatter will start regarding the city being able to afford the team, etc etc

I do think DA’s future depends on the results of the Lions game.

We’re in a “perfect storm”. Any other division were bottom feeders but in the NFC South we’re still breathing, same as last year. Mickey was a huge reason Allen has this job and he’s still trying to spin it like he made a good decision. I keep telling everyone we’re in trouble but no one wants to listen.

We’re in a “perfect storm”. Any other division were bottom feeders but in the NFC South we’re still breathing, same as last year. Mickey was a huge reason Allen has this job and he’s still trying to spin it like he made a good decision. I keep telling everyone we’re in trouble but no one wants to listen.
He’s waiting until the Saints are completely out of the division.
Which, by my guess, will come down the last two games against Tampa and Atlanta.

What scares me is Vegas still has us basically at 50/50 to win the division.

Sportsline who work on nothing but data and statistics has us favored to win the division by almost 30% more than Atlanta at this point.

If either of them are right, we are stuck with this circus for the foreseeable future. I’ve never in my life seen making the playoffs as such a catastrophic thing. However, it would be a major setback to win this division this season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom