Loomis on WWL 11/28 (2 Viewers)

What scares me is Vegas still has us basically at 50/50 to win the division.

Sportsline who work on nothing but data and statistics has us favored to win the division by almost 30% more than Atlanta at this point.

If either of them are right, we are stuck with this circus for the foreseeable future. I’ve never in my life seen making the playoffs as such a catastrophic thing. However, it would be a major setback to win this division this season.
That’s why i think Loomis isn’t saying a thing.

Loomis isn’t publicly throwing anyone under the bus to the media before a big game. Doesn’t make sense to expect otherwise. It’s just PR.

I don’t think it reflects conversations behind closed doors. What he sees or hopes we have right now doesn’t mean anything beyond short term.
Exactly. All this says is that no one is getting fired this week.

Sportsline who work on nothing but data and statistics has us favored to win the division by almost 30% more than Atlanta at this point.

If either of them are right, we are stuck with this circus for the foreseeable future. I’ve never in my life seen making the playoffs as such a catastrophic thing. However, it would be a major setback to win this division this season.
This. Making the playoffs guarantees us at least one more year of Dennis Allen if not more. Worst division in football, playing one of the easiest schedules I've ever seen, getting break after break by either playing rookie QB's early, backup QB's because of injury, playing in Green Bay during awesome weather, fairly heathy team until recently and we're under .500. Only Dennis Allen could have this team where they were. Meanwhile guys like Demeco Ryans have teams with less talent playing so much better but we're here stuck with this fool of a coaching staff and front office that keeps doing what they're doing.

He has mastered grandiloquence, which is a whole lot of fluff and totally lacking any substance. He would have done well in politics too.

How many times in the Saints 56 year history have they had to replace a head coach due to absolute failure, been able to replace that coach and win a play off game with a new coach? Twice. So this is why they are desperately trying to hold onto something that was almost working. Because they know the odds are stacked against them to strike diamonds with a coach like Sean. 99% of these negative fans that want failure, are assuming it’s just a quick 2-3 year fix. It’s a 2-3 year fix if you strike diamonds!!! But that’s not reality. Reality is most likely a 7-10 year dip. And multiple coaches. How long did it take for Detroit? Or the Texans? Or Cleveland? Carolina is down to firing first year coaches mid season lolol.

How many times in the Saints 56 year history have they had to replace a head coach due to absolute failure, been able to replace that coach and win a play off game with a new coach? Twice. So this is why they are desperately trying to hold onto something that was almost working. Because they know the odds are stacked against them to strike diamonds with a coach like Sean. 99% of these negative fans that want failure, are assuming it’s just a quick 2-3 year fix. It’s a 2-3 year fix if you strike diamonds!!! But that’s not reality. Reality is most likely a 7-10 year dip. And multiple coaches. How long did it take for Detroit? Or the Texans? Or Cleveland? Carolina is down to firing first year coaches mid season lolol.
While I understand that, just because we may swing and miss again, it does not mean we stop swinging. Taking the easy route because you may fail is what losers do.

We have heard many times from Underhill that no one is getting fired mid-season. We are probably always going to be within striking distance of the division, and it’s just not likely that you change coaches. Interim coaches usually aren’t going to win you games. During the coach effectively means you’re conceding the season.

So, if that’s the plan, you wouldn’t expect Loomis to say anything different at this point. It would be nice, but that’s just not the way it works.

Now, if we lose the next two games, he’ll have no choice but to change his tune.

I'm not worried about the coach right now. Thats the symptom, not the disease. We have to get our house in order first. The front office needs to clean up it's wreckage and put us in a position where we're not constantly chasing our tails when it comes to roster management. That in itself is going to take a couple of years. It really doesn't matter who the coach is during that period, they will struggle. We'll need bridge coaches and players to get us through this. It doesn't matter if it's DA/DC or Frank Reich/Carson Wentz. The outcome will be the same.

I'm not worried about the coach right now. Thats the symptom, not the disease. We have to get our house in order first. The front office needs to clean up it's wreckage and put us in a position where we're not constantly chasing our tails when it comes to roster management. That in itself is going to take a couple of years. It really doesn't matter who the coach is during that period, they will struggle. We'll need bridge coaches and players to get us through this. It doesn't matter if it's DA/DC or Frank Reich/Carson Wentz. The outcome will be the same.
I do agree we have major issues contractually, which caused us to lose up an coming players that would be a fixture on our team. Hendrickson, Ellis, Marcus Williams, etc etc. People want to bang on the QB, but even if we had Stroud he wouldn't have enough on the defensive side to make a serious push. Houstons D is stacked with youth and talent, as is Denvers. I think its why Sean chose Denver to be acceptable. He figured, ill revamp the O, but the D is awesome, and it is, and its the strength of their team. So to your point, I bet Detroit by losing so many years had developed by default a strong young roster, which fit Dan Campbell at the perfect time. So yea, we need to flip the roster at the minimum. I will say that ML did find us Sean, so he deserves another chance to find another. But like you said, we arent going anywhere until we get rid of the dead money and replace it with talented youth on rookie deals.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom