• Yes, but only medically

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • No, but the marijuana laws should be relaxed

Votes: 24 3.1%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 45 5.8%

• Total voters
OK Potheads, I need advice!
Those are words I never once thought I would say.

Anyways, my wife and I have wanted to try marijuana for a long time but we’ve always felt we had to be completely sober at all times due to our son’s disabilities and mental illness. Lately we’ve been pretty stressed. He attacked my wife and is now in a psychiatric facility. Because he’s out of the house for a while, we’re looking to try something. I’m looking for an edible that is pretty weak in potency (because we’re new to this) and really meant for relaxing.

We really don’t know where to start so I thought I‘d check in with this thread to see what ideas y’all have. What should we be looking for? Are their brands or marijuana sub species we should keep an eye out for? The last think I want is my wife to be taking “el diablo“ and freaking out to the point we never try this again. If it helps enhance the ‘mood’ for married couples, then bonus..

Thoughts? Comments? We’re in the Denver area so we have access to any specialty shops that are around here. Thanks brothers and sisters.
I'm there as well. Haven't actually tried it myself either.

The shops will have budtenders who can explain what you are purchasing.

With edibles, especially 1st time, take your time. I'd recommend at least 2 hrs before a second dose and find the effect builds for up to 4 hrs. Less is better until you learn how it affects you. It's important to remember you got it at a regulated point of sale and no one has ever died from weed alone if you over do it.

Watch a comedy if that happens.
This

Many people are affected differently by it. I know some people who got really freaked out and paranoid by it. With anything, take it in moderation and don't make it a habit. A close relative of mine actually just posted on FB that hes taking an extended break from it because he felt it was taking over his life and affecting who he was.

Last edited:
OK Potheads, I need advice!
Those are words I never once thought I would say.

Anyways, my wife and I have wanted to try marijuana for a long time but we’ve always felt we had to be completely sober at all times due to our son’s disabilities and mental illness. Lately we’ve been pretty stressed. He attacked my wife and is now in a psychiatric facility. Because he’s out of the house for a while, we’re looking to try something. I’m looking for an edible that is pretty weak in potency (because we’re new to this) and really meant for relaxing.

We really don’t know where to start so I thought I‘d check in with this thread to see what ideas y’all have. What should we be looking for? Are their brands or marijuana sub species we should keep an eye out for? The last think I want is my wife to be taking “el diablo“ and freaking out to the point we never try this again. If it helps enhance the ‘mood’ for married couples, then bonus..

Thoughts? Comments? We’re in the Denver area so we have access to any specialty shops that are around here. Thanks brothers and sisters.
Know the differences between sativa, indica and hybrid effects:

The shops will have budtenders who can explain what you are purchasing.

With edibles, especially 1st time, take your time. I'd recommend at least 2 hrs before a second dose and find the effect builds for up to 4 hrs. Less is better until you learn how it affects you. It's important to remember you got it at a regulated point of sale and no one has ever died from weed alone if you over do it.

Watch a comedy if that happens.

Great advice. A good bud tender is worth their price in gold. I’d recommend to start with edibles. Most edibles are either 10mgs of THC or 10mgs of cdb. There are different strengths and combinations, so just talk to the tender to help get you started. My favorite brand is called “Kanha.” I’ve been using them over the past 5 years and have no complaints. You can also find prerolled joints and that’s another fast way to get going. Good luck! :)

Also, wait a bit for the thc to kick in. I had a friend just start with edibles and he downed half a bag, about 50mgs of thc without realizing how high he was going to get. Pace yourself. Start with one gummy.

Last edited:
Great advice. A good bud tender is worth their price in gold. I’d recommend to start with edibles. Most edibles are either 10mgs of THC or 10mgs of cdb. There are different strengths and combinations, so just talk to the tender to help get you started. My favorite brand is called “Kanha.” I’ve been using them over the past 5 years and have no complaints. You can also find prerolled joints and that’s another fast way to get going. Good luck! :)

Also, wait a bit for the thc to kick in. I had a friend just start with edibles and he downed half a bag, about 50mgs of thc without realizing how high he was going to get. Pace yourself. Start with one gummy.

there are plenty of 5mg products out there. Also 2s and 3s. (And 25s. heh)

So wifey and I had our first go last night. We split a 5mg gummy of Indica. Didn’t feel any kind of a high but we turned in early and had a good night. Not sure if the gummy was part of that.

We both just took a 5mg gummy each for tonight. Something called Wana Quick that should start kicking in within a few minutes. Took it about 10 minutes ago. I have no idea if 5mg is enough to actually feel anything.. 😂

So wifey and I had our first go last night. We split a 5mg gummy of Indica. Didn’t feel any kind of a high but we turned in early and had a good night. Not sure if the gummy was part of that.

We both just took a 5mg gummy each for tonight. Something called Wana Quick that should start kicking in within a few minutes. Took it about 10 minutes ago. I have no idea if 5mg is enough to actually feel anything.. 😂
5 is pretty mild. Wana is a good brand.

5mg is going to be a bit too low.

A simple way to remember your genetics- Indica will put you in da couch.

Get yourself a 100mg gummy that either comes in 10mg sections or it it 10 10mg gummies. Take 1 (10mg) each.

If you are looking to relax -

A 3:1 CBD or CBN to THC ratio gummy is great

If you are looking for sleep a 10:1 CBN to THC (indica or indica heavy hybrid) is what you want.

If you are looking for pain relief - a 3:1 THC to CBG or CBD.

If you are looking to have a night out or if energy to do or whatever then I highly recommend a sativa 3:1 THC to CBG.

There is also tincture which is just grape seed oils if you don't want ti eat any candy. It is an eye dropper and you can put it in your drinks etc.

5 is pretty mild. Wana is a good brand.

5mg is going to be a bit too low.

A simple way to remember your genetics- Indica will put you in da couch.

Get yourself a 100mg gummy that either comes in 10mg sections or it it 10 10mg gummies. Take 1 (10mg) each.

If you are looking to relax -

A 3:1 CBD or CBN to THC ratio gummy is great

If you are looking for sleep a 10:1 CBN to THC (indica or indica heavy hybrid) is what you want.

If you are looking for pain relief - a 3:1 THC to CBG or CBD.

If you are looking to have a night out or if energy to do or whatever then I highly recommend a sativa 3:1 THC to CBG.

There is also tincture which is just grape seed oils if you don't want ti eat any candy. It is an eye dropper and you can put it in your drinks etc.

As a total noob, i only have what I read on and what the guy at “Green Dragon” tells me. Was advised to start at 2.5 and work our way up. My wife is on this little adventure as well so I have to go as slow as needed with her. One hiccup and she’ll pull the plug.

Anyways. I think we’ll do 10mg tomorrow.

I’m going back to watching Star Trek..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom