Metcalf better be getting plenty of fines (1 Viewer)

On the bright side we probably eliminated any hope of them salvaging their season. Metcalf will be watching the playoffs from home.
Yeah and, while he's watching the playoffs from home, I hope Metcalf's cable/Internet bundle goes out and that he doesn't own an HDTV antenna as a backup. What a jerk.

On the long TD Metcalf pulled him down, but they were hand fighting and that hardly ever gets called. When you're as physical as Latt is you're going to have a moment or two like that. When you have safety help like he did the long TD shouldn't happen.

As to the chippy play, Latt is by all admissions one heck of a trash talker. The Saints secondary in general are bullies, and I love it. You can't get mad when someone plays your own game. Refs should have got that under control though. It was a little over the top even by physical head games standards.

Exactly. When the guy

Pulls your facemask, act like a French soccer player and call for the Medi-Vac. Get punched in the face, act like a professional wrestler who just got hit with a folding chair. Like TLL should have done, take a flop and jerk around like a fish on the dock.
*Brazilian

Let’s talk about the non-called offensive PI that should’ve been called on the TD instead. He pushed Lattimore down. Stupid announcers kept saying he burned him... Idiots...
Well...

here's my take after looking at it again: ML and DK were hand-fighting; DK got upfield position while ML was holding DK's hand near his (ML's) bicep; DK used that hand to push down on ML's arm while at that moment DK's foot comes up from running and hits ML's leg that's about to plant and ML is now going down.

My only question is whether DK is skillful enough to have purposely "aimed" his foot to hit ML's leg. Part of me says yes, but most likely no.

But...

what in the heck was M Williams doing!

He's the one with the BIG FAIL on the play!

Exactly. When the guy

Pulls your facemask, act like a French soccer player and call for the Medi-Vac. Get punched in the face, act like a professional wrestler who just got hit with a folding chair. Like TLL should have done, take a flop and jerk around like a fish on the dock.

Good point except that he was pulled down
He couldn't have been pulled down cause that would mean the other guy went to the ground as well. They were arm fighting and Latt fell. IF the other guy did something it was pushing him down, not pulling. The worst I would've done is off setting penalties. There's a picture of Latt hooking his arm with his elbow.

He couldn't have been pulled down cause that would mean the other guy went to the ground as well. They were arm fighting and Latt fell. IF the other guy did something it was pushing him down, not pulling. The worst I would've done is off setting penalties. There's a picture of Latt hooking his arm with his elbow.
DK got his hand inside ML’s collar just before the pull down move. His arm was extended fully at that point, then he pulls quickly while releasing the hold he had and pushing down on ML’s arm. Here’s a screenshot of the very beginning. You can see at ML’s collar where TK’s knuckles are just inside.

A583BD7F-3437-4F34-A68E-5849ED27AA6A.jpeg

DK got his hand inside ML’s collar just before the pull down move. His arm was extended fully at that point, then he pulls quickly while releasing the hold he had and pushing down on ML’s arm. Here’s a screenshot of the very beginning. You can see at ML’s collar where TK’s knuckles are just inside.

And Latt is literally about to fall right there, DK's arm has nothing to do with that. We're going to have to agree to disagree.

And Latt is literally about to fall right there, DK's arm has nothing to do with that. We're going to have to agree to disagree.
We can disagree on if you think it is PI or handfighting, but at this point ML isn’t about to fall at all. If I had a slowmo from this point on, ML doesn’t start to fall until after DK pulls him then pushes down on the arm.

A smarter Lattimore will eventually learn how to flop when shoved that hard. That's the best way to get your opponent to stop. As long as DK was getting Lattimore to retaliate, he was going to keep doing it. Marshon needed to turn that scheme right back on Metcalf.

But I'm sure it felt better to retaliate... until the flags started flying. :hm:

Let me come punch you in the face and see if you will retaliate.
I never said he was wrong for defending himself but I'm simply saying don't get caught up in the back and forth with clowns and getting penalties or a possible ejection from the game he's to important.
Plus the refs are clearly calling it one sided against him.

Great catch (no pun intended), V Chip.

Also... notice DK's trailing leg is going up and is about to strike LM's lower leg (that is going forward) which causes LM to trip in addition to DK's pushing LM down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom