Saints Mike D. opinion: "Next Saints qb is not on roster yet." (1 Viewer)

Best case we resign winston. We don't have the cap space to bring in a better quality by trade. The guys we could trade for are not 3ven close to talent of Winston.
As for the draft, all the decent qbs in this draft will be gone by pick 10. Might be a hidden gem late in the draft but the one projected at the nfl are no star caliber players.

In winston you have a decent qd for the next 10 years. Winston had issues in Tampa Bay but so did the entire team. Another of his issues came from lack of running game and line issues. He can be very successful here.
Instead of wasting a 1st round pick on 5th best qb in the draft we can go improve on defense or get a true deep threat wr.

You have to imagine Rams gonna draft a QB, Miami, Jax, Washington might also (They drafted RG3 and cousins in same draft) so they love having a stable of QBs. Texans and Dallas might, also. If we talking about drafting a QB, if he says we gonna get one at 28th, he dreaming.
What exactly do the Rams have to trade into the first round. Also, they have Stafford, so no reason for them to do such.

What exactly do the Rams have to trade into the first round. Also, they have Stafford, so no reason for them to do such.

Stat Padford made out of plaster of paris. They will be smart to grab another QB in a later rd

Stat Padford made out of plaster of paris. They will be smart to grab another QB in a later rd

they already have a guy on their roster they were comfortable playing even though Jared Goff was capable of playing in the playoffs. I do agree that if they do grab a QB it won't be until later, but your first few posts indicate that you were talking about in the first round because you were stating why the saints wouldn't have a QB fall to them at pick 28.

they already have a guy on their roster they were comfortable playing even though Jared Goff was capable of playing in the playoffs. I do agree that if they do grab a QB it won't be until later, but your first few posts indicate that you were talking about in the first round because you were stating why the saints wouldn't have a QB fall to them at pick 28.

Already addressed earlier in this thread.

There’s legit talent at the top of the draft w/Lawrence, Wilson, Lance & maybe Fields. But after that, those dudes are all wildly suspect. I like Trask, Ehlinger, Book & Newman, but all those dudes are high ceiling prospects who arent ready to take the helm in year 1. Mac Jones is a hot name, but that dude just doesnt excite me at all. Yes, he’s got great stats & has a high floor coming in, but cant help but see an Andy Dalton-type who seems more like a game manager in the pros, rather than a guy who can put his team on his shoulders & gut out a win. So far, life on the football field has been cake & ice cream for Mac Jones. Just wondering how he’ll respond to the meat grinder that is the NFL.

In my opinion, our QB of the future is not currently on the roster, nor in this draft class. I think we’ll pro resign Jameis as a stop gap & our future franchise QB gets drafted sometime over the next year or 2. Sam Howell NC, Kedon Slovis USC, Brock Purdy Iowa St & DJ Uiagalelei Clemson ate all coming out over the next few years. Those dudes would be perfect fits in Sean Payton’s O. I can foresee us aggressively perusing one of those dudes once theyre available in the draft. DJ Uiagalelei, in particular, looks like the next Clemson super QB. Love what this kid did over the shortened season. Cant wait to see what he looks like next year. Uiagalelei has all the tools & more to be potentially be an instant franchise QB. But the dude who’s on top of my wishlist is Sam freaking Howell from NC. That dude is so much fun to watch.

Best case we resign winston. We don't have the cap space to bring in a better quality by trade. The guys we could trade for are not 3ven close to talent of Winston.
As for the draft, all the decent qbs in this draft will be gone by pick 10. Might be a hidden gem late in the draft but the one projected at the nfl are no star caliber players.

In winston you have a decent qd for the next 10 years. Winston had issues in Tampa Bay but so did the entire team. Another of his issues came from lack of running game and line issues. He can be very successful here.
Instead of wasting a 1st round pick on 5th best qb in the draft we can go improve on defense or get a true deep threat wr.

If he's just decent, we ain't keeping him for 10 years. Teddy is decent and Carolina is already QB shopping again.

If he's just decent, we ain't keeping him for 10 years. Teddy is decent and Carolina is already QB shopping again.
The contract told you he was a transition guy, so that's not surprising. I can see Teddy mentoring a young QB, I mean he was guaranteed like 30-40 mil. The reality is that unless a team views you as that guy, drafting a QB early is a possibility. Also, a new regime always wants "their guy" that they draft or bring in as a FA.

The contract told you he was a transition guy, so that's not surprising. I can see Teddy mentoring a young QB, I mean he was guaranteed like 30-40 mil. The reality is that unless a team views you as that guy, drafting a QB early is a possibility. Also, a new regime always wants "their guy" that they draft or bring in as a FA.

Point of the post is if we sign Jameis and he's just decent as the post I quoted said, we aren't keeping him 10 years. 2-3 years max on a decent quarterback. The fanbase will be ready to move on in a year.

There’s legit talent at the top of the draft w/Lawrence, Wilson, Lance & maybe Fields. But after that, those dudes are all wildly suspect. I like Trask, Ehlinger, Book & Newman, but all those dudes are high ceiling prospects who arent ready to take the helm in year 1. Mac Jones is a hot name, but that dude just doesnt excite me at all. Yes, he’s got great stats & has a high floor coming in, but cant help but see an Andy Dalton-type who seems more like a game manager in the pros, rather than a guy who can put his team on his shoulders & gut out a win. So far, life on the football field has been cake & ice cream for Mac Jones. Just wondering how he’ll respond to the meat grinder that is the NFL.

In my opinion, our QB of the future is not currently on the roster, nor in this draft class. I think we’ll pro resign Jameis as a stop gap & our future franchise QB gets drafted sometime over the next year or 2. Sam Howell NC, Kedon Slovis USC, Brock Purdy Iowa St & DJ Uiagalelei Clemson ate all coming out over the next few years. Those dudes would be perfect fits in Sean Payton’s O. I can foresee us aggressively perusing one of those dudes once theyre available in the draft. DJ Uiagalelei, in particular, looks like the next Clemson super QB. Love what this kid did over the shortened season. Cant wait to see what he looks like next year. Uiagalelei has all the tools & more to be potentially be an instant franchise QB. But the dude who’s on top of my wishlist is Sam freaking Howell from NC. That dude is so much fun to watch.

I agree with this. Once jameis shows he’s just OK. We draft one in 2022

Point of the post is if we sign Jameis and he's just decent as the post I quoted said, we aren't keeping him 10 years. 2-3 years max on a decent quarterback. The fanbase will be ready to move on in a year.
Of course, following Drew will not be an easy task. I don't expect us to sign anyone for more than a couple of years on a prove-it basis. However, if that guy lights it up, you don't just let him walk.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom