New Star Wars series The Acolyte (1 Viewer)

A waste and not a good sign for the future of streaming- well of quality shows and studios having the patience to let a show grow

I really hope the issues that Disney and Discovery/Mac , et al are having aren’t just the suits being petulant and wresting control from creatives post strike

....Canceled???

artworks-000160626614-ap6704-t500x500.jpg

A waste and not a good sign for the future of streaming- well of quality shows and studios having the patience to let a show grow

I really hope the issues that Disney and Discovery/Mac , et al are having aren’t just the suits being petulant and wresting control from creatives post strike
If anything I hope that this taught them that you can't slap a D+ logo on a bucket of sheet and then sell it as perfume.

Last edited:
If anything I hope that they taught them that you can't slap a D+ logo on a bucket of sheet and then sell it as perfume.
You’re right - the suits do have to take into consideration the ‘fans’ wildly trolly hot takes - it’s just the age we live it
But they have to stand strong against such fictive pearl clutching

Yeah, not terribly surprising. I liked the idea of it, but just didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped.
From the preview, I thought maybe it was going to be a cross between the Matrix and The Magnificent Seven

I think the budget was just too big. You're really setting a show up to fail if it needs to be the #1 streaming show every episode. Netflix does this a lot, it's just not smart. Then add on some of the comments the show runner made, she turned people off before the 1st episode was released. I don't know if disney will ever learn

You’re right - the suits do have to take into consideration the ‘fans’ wildly trolly hot takes - it’s just the age we live it
It's not fictions when Hedley said it's the gayest SW show and R2-D2 is a lesbian, I know it was a joke, but a lot of people only read headlines now a days.

In the "no surprise" category. You tell a lousy story, then spend a ton of money filming that lousy story, the studio loses money, you get cancelled. Simple math.
And I know there are a couple of people who inexplicably liked the show, but it was awful on every level: script, direction, and cast.
Jar Jar introducing him via song and dance routine might have been worse
I'm not really sure that's true. At least that could have been mildly amusing in its annoyance. This show was just an annoyance.

For just a moment, put aside the rabid fanbase, DEI discussions, Disney Exec's political stances, etc. The show had problems with the writing and acting. It was just a bad show that they put more effort into the hype than the production. I was really looking forward to this show since it was announcement and especially what they did with a lot of the other show's that they created (even the 5mph speeders from Book of Boba).

For just a moment, put aside the rabid fanbase, DEI discussions, Disney Exec's political stances, etc. The show had problems with the writing and acting. It was just a bad show that they put more effort into the hype than the production. I was really looking forward to this show since it was announcement and especially what they did with a lot of the other show's that they created (even the 5mph speeders from Book of Boba).
I have
My contention is that most fanbases suffer bad from perfect being the enemy of the good
Shows are either Andor, Last of Us, Blye Eyed Samurai or they’re hot garbage
It’s like the grading scale is A++/zero
We all prefer great; but good, pretty good enough, passable, average, hit and miss, meh are all possibilities between great and dumpster fire

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom