NFL.com says the Saints won't make the playoffs (4 Viewers)

No call killed my NFL interest. Allen killed what remained of saints interest. I don't watch anymore but casually observe. Hard to break a 35 year history cold turkey
We still could've won that game. And it kinda was bang bang. Yea we still should've gotten the call, but whatever. It is what it is. Nothing is gained living in a negative past. To me whats more exciting is watching a 10-7 team that wins a playoff game (our ceiling) then watching a 14-3 team lose the first round of the playoffs.

No call killed my NFL interest. Allen killed what remained of saints interest. I don't watch anymore but casually observe. Hard to break a 35 year history cold turkey
So overall, you have a NEGATIVE view of the NFL and the Saints due to being screwed over by the NFL.. Accusations are unnecessary, you admit it fully right here.

The defense is legit. I've heard once or twice about defense winning championships. Carr was playing as well as any QB during the 2nd half of last season. Kamara is still dynamic. Olave is a true #1 WR and still improving. Shaheed is a TD waiting to happen. Hill can and will make plays from multiple positions. The TE's are more than capable of moving the chains. Three out of five of the OL could start on any team. Patrick isn't going to hurt you at LG. All Penning has to be is average. And Kubiak's new scheme has everyone excited to play in it. I'm not scared of anybody with the 2024 Saints. WHO DAT!

Oh, so you dont watch but just casually observe yet you've got it all figured out. I think I'll still watch and see how the team actually does under Kubiak and all the new coaches on the offensive side of the ball. Maybe they'll tank, maybe not. That's why we watch and pay little attention to all the "predictions".

I've seen a few speak positively, and they are usually the most informed. Otherwise, it's like the emperors new clothes out there. Parrots, everywhere, as most have the Saints pegged as being anywhere from cellar dwellers to nearly mediocre.
another thing people/pundits never consider. How many Mannings, Brees, Bradys, Montanas are playing this year? None. There's only 1 great QB playing, Mahomes, and he's in the AFC. Everyone else is beatable, even with our upper MID QB. So there's that.

Same here. That was the last game I attended , my brother has been buying my tickets since.

I’m no big fan of Carr or Allen but this is kinda ridiculous to me. You’re letting something that happened 5 plus years ago and a HC define your saints interest.

You call yourself a casual observer yet think you have the entire team figured out by position and predict a win loss record on top of that. Who are you trying to fool here in your “interest” or self described lack there of? Us or you?

I just don’t get how some have this certainty of doom before 1 real game, even before preseason. Maybe we’d talk about it when
we’re 2 and 8.
( or maybe 3 wins) Then you can push the point about going nowhere. Right now it’s what we got, and everyone is just a few lucky bounces from greatness. That’s why they play
and we watch.

I think something broke in me, too. I no longer care about this type of pre-season stuff. Just play the games.

I don't think we are a playoff team in 2024 either. But I do think we're finally headed in the right direction. Whether Carr is the QB to take us back to being a feared offense or not is irrelevant. We have a good OC and promising QB depth. Whether Allen can put both sides of the game together (defense isn't an issue, we need the offense to click and this team needs more top to bottom talent too) is yet to be seen, but he finally has a fighting chance with KK running the offensive show. Also, as the team hopefully continues to clear up it's future financial commitments, Mickey can stay the course and not mortage the future to achieve mediocre results. He has sold that snake oil long enough. Trying to convince fans that a supbar roster and no offensive coordinator is a team that should have high expectations, is a joke. It's a coach's job to put the players in the best spots they can, but it's the GM's job to give coaches a fighting chance. I will not hold DA responsible for MIckey's mess. The Saints are finally starting to put DA in a positive situation. Mickey needs to hit a couple of drafts and give the team some cap flexibility, then we'll know what Allen is capable of. Sean Payton couldn't have succedded with this mess the past couple of seasons, which is why he ran away. Only (some) Saints fans were fooled.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom