NFL.com says the Saints won't make the playoffs (8 Viewers)

I just don’t get how some have this certainty of doom before 1 real game, even before preseason. Maybe we’d talk about it when
we’re 2 and 8.
( or maybe 3 wins) Then you can push the point about going nowhere. Right now it’s what we got, and everyone is just a few lucky bounces from greatness. That’s why they play
and we watch.
I see what you did there

and for it:

:potd:

(I also agree with the rest of your post, but what you did there… I see it)

I’m no big fan of Carr or Allen but this is kinda ridiculous to me. You’re letting something that happened 5 plus years ago and a HC define your saints interest.

You call yourself a casual observer yet think you have the entire team figured out by position and predict a win loss record on top of that. Who are you trying to fool here in your “interest” or self described lack there of? Us or you?
I just don't enjoy the NFL product anymore. If the Saints were interesting (not just good, but actually entertaining) I would probably still watch. They're the dullest team in the league though. So freaking boring to watch.

NFL jumped the shark. I haven't watched a single non-Saints NFL game in three years and don't miss it at all. I watched I think three Saints games last year but still casually follow the team out of habit. But each year it's less and less.

I've watched enough football though to know a good vs bad team and this one has all the hallmarks of very bad.

Lame duck HC.
Unpopular and polarizing QB.
Bad OL.
Aging stars.

Find me one historical example of a coach with Allen's track record or Carr's that was any good. You don't have to have intimate knowledge of the third string LG to look at the setup of this team and know it's not going to be good.

Until the team proves otherwise, the prediction is a valid one IMHO, just like the one declaring Allen the worst coach in the league and bring the first one fired this season. Until the team proves it's better than what they've shown the last few seasons, all of the criticism is valid.

It's pretty much the same team as last year vs a slightly tougher schedule. So yeah, the pundints predictions of a 6-8 win season seems about right. I am just hoping that we see a better effort, don't fall behind like they did most games, and play more consistent than last year.

DA is not the worst head coach in the NFL and likely won't be let go during the season, so that take is pretty dumb.

Who is worse? What NFL team would trade their current HC for Allen?

Well for one, there are a lot of 1st time NFL coaches that no one has any idea how well they will go. So he is ahead of at least 8 of them.

I am not sure what big mistakes people think DA has made, but essentially he is more of a boring coach than a bad one.

Where mistakes seem to be abundant is at the next level up (that becomes pretty obvious when 1st and 2nd rounders fail to contribute).

Little do they know that we have the next Bill Belichick
And Rattler is the next Brady

No one outside of Saints diehards see this team as anything other than a 6-11 type squad.
The Saints haven't won less than 7 games since the Katrina season. They had a winning record last year.

It is not just being a Saints Diehard to think they will compete for the division this year. If anything, thinking they are a 6-11 type squad is the lazy perspective.

Until the team proves otherwise, the prediction is a valid one IMHO, just like the one declaring Allen the worst coach in the league and bring the first one fired this season. Until the team proves it's better than what they've shown the last few seasons, all of the criticism is valid.
The Saints were literally a Carr injury in a single half of football away from 10-7, clear division winner, and punchers chance int he playoffs. This idea that last season they were god awful is just insanity. Did they disappoint, absolutely, did they shoot themselves in the foot countless times, absolutely... did they still win more games than they lost and fielded a top 10 defense? Absolutely. That's more than enough to at least acknowledge they have a chance this year.

Who cares what NFL.com or anyone else predicts…..seriously. What a meaningless waste of time. It will
all play out on the field and hopefully Goodell doesn’t call on his refs to effect any of our games:

I just don't enjoy the NFL product anymore. If the Saints were interesting (not just good, but actually entertaining) I would probably still watch. They're the dullest team in the league though. So freaking boring to watch.

NFL jumped the shark. I haven't watched a single non-Saints NFL game in three years and don't miss it at all. I watched I think three Saints games last year but still casually follow the team out of habit. But each year it's less and less.

I've watched enough football though to know a good vs bad team and this one has all the hallmarks of very bad.

Lame duck HC.
Unpopular and polarizing QB.
Bad OL.
Aging stars.

Find me one historical example of a coach with Allen's track record or Carr's that was any good. You don't have to have intimate knowledge of the third string LG to look at the setup of this team and know it's not going to be good.
Injuries could change this but the saints are in no way of being “very bad”. You’re acting like they’re the patriots or giants or panthers.

I don’t really care that you think they jumped the shark or think the saints are “boring”. That’s a “You” problem my friend. You’re posting here over and over about a team you find a lost cause. Again: are you lying to yourself or us about your “interest”?

Again I am no huge fan at all of DA/Carr and to even an extent Mickey but I’ve generally liked what they’ve done this offseason and am willing to give them a chance before real games are actually played. We can cross that bridge if they actually suck in November but I’ll choose to be slightly hopeful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom