NFL.com says the Saints won't make the playoffs (7 Viewers)

I am a Diehard and the best I can honestly hope for is 8-8 no way this team finishes with a top 10 draft pick next year....

I remember the saints going 7-9 the year before we won a SB. So I don’t put too much into that.
Context is important. Payton went to the NFC championship in his first year as an HC. Allen, on the other hand, struggles to get above .500.

NFL is a What have you done Lately League….🤷🏾‍♂️
True, but it’s also a ‘handwriting on the wall’ league.
There is literally zero reason to select the Saints as a playoff candidate at this time. Unrealistic expectations are for starry-eyed fans… not for sports writers.

With the Saints’ brutal early schedule, realistic fans should consider a 7-10 record this year to be a great accomplishment.

True, but it’s also a ‘handwriting on the wall’ league.
There is literally zero reason to select the Saints as a playoff candidate at this time. Unrealistic expectations are for starry-eyed fans… not for sports writers.

With the Saints’ brutal early schedule, realistic fans should consider a 7-10 record this year to be a great accomplishment.
Reading this thread….lol

Most of these ledge dwellers assume that every team in the NFL is in great shape and has great coaches and coordinators and are 3 deep in depth at every position. And have probowl QBs and WRs. Guess what. Every team has issues, that’s why they say any team can beat any team in the NFL. Theres parity throughout, ever hear that? The difference between a win and loss is a few plays and a lucky bounce or two. How many games did we get blown out of? NONE in the last 3 years or maybe longer. So thinking the Saints are going to get blown out all year is more of a reflection of your own negative character nature or a lack of knowledge of the competition.

So thinking the Saints are going to get blown out all year is more of a reflection of your own negative character nature or a lack of knowledge of the competition.
“Blown out”??? I don’t remember typing that phrase. :scratch:
I just said that 7 wins would be good for this Saints team. They still have a lot of missing pieces to be considered a real contender by most knowledgeable sports writers. I happen to agree. :shrug:

I get it but I also see that we have a new OC that's going to get our player makers the ball. I mean Kamara for the past couple of seasons has been catching the ball 5 yards behind the line. Runs up the middle for nothing every 2nd down.

There's been no creativity with our offense. Taysom is going to be more used as a RB/TE. More motion, more play action..may take a few weeks to see it really flourish but it's getting overlooked a lot!

I'm accused of being negative. I'm just realistic about this team.

The two most important things on a contending NFL team are:

1. Elite, top 5 QB
2. Top 10 HC

At best, Carr is maybe around 15. I personally, have him in the 20s due to lack of leadership and intangibles. He's like the anti Jake Delhomme for example. Allen is definitely a bottom 5 if not worst HC in the league IMO.

But what about the Defense!?

It's old.

Davis and Jordan are ancient. Granderson is a fine player if he's your No. 2 DE and you have a stud pass rusher opposite. You don't. All hope rests on an oft-injured Chase Young on his third team in his short career. That's hope. Maybe it works out, but objectively, if he was that good, he would still be on Washington or SF.

Your CBs have some talent but injury issues. Safeties are either old or meh.

The offense is just a trainwreck.

I count 4 players who I consider starting caliber: Kamara (who is slowing down), Olave, McCoy, and I'll throw the rookie LT a bone and give him the benefit of the doubt. Shaheed is a fine No. 3 WR and Hill is a great gadget player. But you have no starting caliber LG, RG or RT. No No. 2 WR. No starter level TEs. And like I said, a middle of the pack QB, who isn't exactly the most inspiring guy.

Maybe, maybe a great HC could eek out a winning season with this group. Dennis Allen? Yeah right. The only question IMO, is if he makes it through the year.
While this review seems rather harsh and uninformed there is an element of truth. I think the brutal schedule after the first game will sink DA's tenure. 1-4 or 1-6 start. Rally the second half of the year but still end of 6-11 or 7-10.

if no playoffs then I want a really high draft pick next year
The defense will be solid and will keep them in games but this Oline will most likely torpedo them this season. I just see them winning enough games to miss the playoffs, get a mid first round draft pick, and save DA’s job for another year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom