Video Nick Underhill and Mike Triplett on the possibilities of a Head Coach change happening after the season (1 Viewer)

While I like NH MT and Brooke just because they have that site does not mean that can't be wrong. Brooke said DC went after McCoy and he didn't , he was venting out loud at the poor protection and McCoy lost his cool. And if you watch the play DC had every right to be frustrated. Ruiz just whiffed on the block of the mike. Vilma said on the broadcast a wrong protection was called and it was NOT DC that made a wrong protection call , I'm guessing it was McCoy
McCoy doesn't make protection calls anymore, that's all on DC.

If that's true, what is the path forward? Carr isn't going anywhere. There is a bunch of contracts that aren't going anywhere. If you fire coaches that the players love, the locker room might really turn on Carr. It's a tough spot to be in.
I'd cut Allen and PC and sit Carr next year. Try to draft Jayden Daniels and hire Ben Johnson as HC or someone similar. Try to get Eric Bienemy if Ben Johnson doesn't work out.

The best starters on that 2021 roster included LT Armstead, S Malcolm Jenkins, S Marcus Williams, Package LBer Kwon Alexander, Ducey...none of the players were with team in 2022 for DA

That 2021 team also featured Davenport, Marquez Calloway, TQS, Adam Trautman, Calvin Throckmorton, and Ceaser Ruiz, and Jameis Winston. The thought that 🦌 was handed a playoff caliber team is demonstrably laughable...but if you want to make an argument how a healthy Peat was the key to a playoff caliber team Im all ears.
I get what you are saying but if Winston doesn't get hurt on Halloween, hindsight tells us that we are fighting the 13-4 Bucs for the NFC South and ultimately, we missed the playoffs because the Rams forgot how to play football Week 18. For the most part, Dennis Allen was handed a team that could get you to the playoffs because we basically missed it because we lost a tie breaker. The team that the Dennis Allen put together in 2022 was much better than the team in 2021 and if Pete Carmichael stuck to the same offensive philosophy that we had in 2021, the season would have turned out much differently. We were a 9 win team (with Jameis and Taysom starts. TS couldn't start a game but he was the perfect relief..lol)

Whatever smoke 🦌 is tooting many of you are tooting the same stuff saying how great Penning was going to be, how many All-Pro selections McCoy was going to get.

We have great corners and capable WRs, but since 🦌 took over, we have had an aging MIKE and EDGE, a below average OLine, middling at best QB play, the best TE to play for the team is 37 and even knows he is best as a Red Zone package player, an incredibly talented WR that is perpetually unable to play, and a average set of rotational interior DLinemen.

There isnt enough on that 2022 roster for me to call it playoff ready. Do you really believe Andy Dalton was going to lead that team to glory if we only had the right OC and coach?
Here are things that we are failing to remember:
-You acknowledged the capable WRs but in 2021, those were the weakest point of our team and if I recall correctly, led the league in drop %.
-We had a below average O-line in 2021 due to injury. Our pressure rate in 2021 was higher than both 2022 and this season
-The run game remained off and on from 2021 to 2022. It's actually in a better position now
-"Middling QB play" in 2021 just happened to be top 7 in every metric and statistical category outside of yards per game (RZ, EPA, TD %, passer rating, TDs under pressure, etc, etc etc).
-We didn't need a Red Zone package player per se, because we had a QB that completed 76% of his passes in the red zone and 53% of those pass attempts (69% of completions) ended with 6 points

With the right OC and coach, either Winston or Dalton could have led us to a playoff run last season. And we most definitely would have won the NFC South with how it turned out.

I get what you are saying but if Winston doesn't get hurt on Halloween, hindsight tells us that we are fighting the 13-4 Bucs for the NFC South and ultimately, we missed the playoffs because the Rams forgot how to play football Week 18. For the most part, Dennis Allen was handed a team that could get you to the playoffs because we basically missed it because we lost a tie breaker. The team that the Dennis Allen put together in 2022 was much better than the team in 2021 and if Pete Carmichael stuck to the same offensive philosophy that we had in 2021, the season would have turned out much differently. We were a 9 win team (with Jameis and Taysom starts. TS couldn't start a game but he was the perfect relief..lol)

-You acknowledged the capable WRs but in 2021, those were the weakest point of our team and if I recall correctly, led the league in drop %.
-We had a below average O-line in 2021 due to injury. Our pressure rate in 2021 was higher than both 2022 and this season
-The run game remained off and on from 2021 to 2022. It's actually in a better position now
-"Middling QB play" in 2021 just happened to be top 7 in every metric and statistical category outside of yards per game (RZ, EPA, TD %, passer rating, TDs under pressure, etc, etc etc).
-We didn't need a Red Zone package player per se, because we had a QB that completed 76% of his passes in the red zone and 53% of those pass attempts (69% of completions) ended with 6 points

With the right OC and coach, either Winston or Dalton could have led us to a playoff run last season. And we most definitely would have won the NFC South with how it turned out.
Agree with all of this. I really wish we could’ve seen a full, healthy year of Jameis with SP (and one more weapon).

I was hopeful that Carr would be given enough control of the offense to make up for how awful PC is as an OC. Turns out, it’s even worse.

Just to add on to your excellent post, the Saints set an NFL record for replacements due to injury in 2021. That team still went 9-8. That's a heck of a coaching job but also says that was a deep roster as well.

Agree with all of this. I really wish we could’ve seen a full, healthy year of Jameis with SP (and one more weapon).

I was hopeful that Carr would be given enough control of the offense to make up for how awful PC is as an OC. Turns out, it’s even worse.
It's because the things that media sold us on about Carr were false. When you actually break down the offense, it does more to expose Carr's flaws than hide them and there were some overexaggerating about what he does and doesn't do well.

I don't know how you could even bring back Dennis Allen regardless of what happens the rest of the way. 4$ tickets on 2nd hand market. Empty Seats, Boo's when there is 3 and outs or bad plays on the field, QB getting singled out and boo'ed. Infighting for a 3rd time on the field, Veterans saying the offense has no identity, Thomas popping off on twitter during a game. Team has not progressed very much since week 1 as the same mistakes and lapses keep being made on the field. Make no mistake, Dennis Allen lost this locker room, it is only pride for each other that is being displayed on the field right now.
I'm usually pretty rosy about this stuff, but I think you're right. When players were talking about not game planning match ups, etc, they're calling out coaching.

Now, we all instinctively call out 'management' at our jobs when things go poorly. Ultimately, they are responsible, even if that's not the exact problem.

But it sure does feel like coaching is the issue.

Just to add on to your excellent post, the Saints set an NFL record for replacements due to injury in 2021. That team still went 9-8. That's a heck of a coaching job but also says that was a deep roster as well.
I believe that if we would have made the playoffs, CSP would have gotten Coach of the Year.

I don't know how you could even bring back Dennis Allen regardless of what happens the rest of the way. 4$ tickets on 2nd hand market. Empty Seats, Boo's when there is 3 and outs or bad plays on the field, QB getting singled out and boo'ed. Infighting for a 3rd time on the field, Veterans saying the offense has no identity, Thomas popping off on twitter during a game. Team has not progressed very much since week 1 as the same mistakes and lapses keep being made on the field. Make no mistake, Dennis Allen lost this locker room, it is only pride for each other that is being displayed on the field right now.
So well said!!! I really think the dome filled with Lion fans, an empty dome versus the Panthers and tickets going for single digits on the secondary market will force Loomis into a change. There are too many red flags waving in the air to ignore them. To be honest, its huge, blinking neon signs. You simply can't ignore them and pretend they don't exist.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom