Video Nick Underhill and Mike Triplett on the possibilities of a Head Coach change happening after the season (1 Viewer)

2-4-5??? NO it's not it's a 4-3 with cover 2 . Just because the edges don't have their hands in the dirt dose not change the D formation. And 49 IS the mike just as DC called out. That's not the protection though . it should have been McCoy the one calling the protection. . The REAL problem with the play was that Ruiz completely WHIFFED on blocking 49 . A man that was RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. I'm betting that that was what DC was P'Oed about. The whole Oline was putrid at pass pro the whole game
How is it a 4-3 when the edges are linebackers and if it is a cover 2 why is there a single high? Crap, the Panthers defense is built 3-4/3-3-5 but I digress. It looks as though there are 2 d-linemen, 4LBs, and 5DBs on the field for the Panthers, so as I said, they look to be in 2-4-5. It is most definitely NOT a 4-3 with a cover 2.

Again, Carr calling out the mike doesn't automatically make it so. If you believe that Luvu was the mike, what makes you believe that?

I'm not saying that Ruiz didn't blow it. I'm just saying that we don't know where the fault lies because if the incorrect protection is called or modified, you get stuff like that. Luvu exploited the gap on the shift a little too easily. We'll see in time....maybe.

Last edited:
If he were completely new to the organization, I think DA would get a pass to year 3. Considering he's been a major part of the organization and was given the reins to a "ready to go winner"... anything short of Playoffs with some success has to be considered a major failure. He's gone after this season.
I partially disagree with this. DA wasnt given a ready to go winner. If we miss the playoffs this is the 3rd year in a row we missed the playoffs not the second. Those who think that the 2021 roster was a playoff ready roster are in just as much denial as those who think DA is doing a great job.

And the large rpotion of the parts that made us playoffs hopefuls in 2021 werent on the roster when DA had his first game.

I wont argue to keep DA, not my fight, but the contrarian in me asks that we at least remove this false argument as we make a logical case to "take steps for the future".

I partially disagree with this. DA wasnt given a ready to go winner. If we miss the playoffs this is the 3rd year in a row we missed the playoffs not the second. Those who think that the 2021 roster was a playoff ready roster are in just as much denial as those who think DA is doing a great job.

And the large rpotion of the parts that made us playoffs hopefuls in 2021 werent on the roster when DA had his first game.

I wont argue to keep DA, not my fight, but the contrarian in me asks that we at least remove this false argument as we make a logical case to "take steps for the future".
The first post Brees year with Sean Payton, I think we had enough playmakers but the injury bug bit us hard. I'm still convinced if Jameis hadn't gotten injured, we'd have made the playoffs and possibly won.

Second year post Brees (first year of DA), he rides with Winston, plays him when he's injured then there's a strange QB situation with Dalton and some very questionable playcalling: That's coaching. Not necessarily the roster.

Same thing this year. Derek Carr is absolutely talented enough to be a winning playoff QB. The defense is talented enough and deep enough to be top 10. They lack the proper guidance and discipline.

This roster is getting older but it's absolutely got enough playmakers in the right places. I think half the coaches in the league make the playoffs with our roster last year and win a playoff game with this roster this year.

If this years trend continues, it all comes down to coaching.

I think it's important to consider both the teams' performance before Allen's 1st year, as well as Loomis' assessment of the team when he was hired and throughout this year.
1) Allen inherited a borderline playoff roster after Sean left, as we were technically in contention with a MASH unit of a team in 2021
2) Upon hiring Allen, Loomis maintained he felt we had a winning culture and the parts to be a winning team. After his first year, the consensus by both Loomis and Allen was QB was the biggest hole, so we went out and signed Carr.

Now, I do agree that the team's overall talent is probably overrated and we need to get younger. However, several observers felt we had a good enough roster to be a playoff team at least.

The first post Brees year with Sean Payton, I think we had enough playmakers but the injury bug bit us hard. I'm still convinced if Jameis hadn't gotten injured, we'd have made the playoffs and possibly won.

Second year post Brees (first year of DA), he rides with Winston, plays him when he's injured then there's a strange QB situation with Dalton and some very questionable playcalling: That's coaching. Not necessarily the roster.

Same thing this year. Derek Carr is absolutely talented enough to be a winning playoff QB. The defense is talented enough and deep enough to be top 10. They lack the proper guidance and discipline.

This roster is getting older but it's absolutely got enough playmakers in the right places. I think half the coaches in the league make the playoffs with our roster last year and win a playoff game with this roster this year.

If this years trend continues, it all comes down to coaching.
The best starters on that 2021 roster included LT Armstead, S Malcolm Jenkins, S Marcus Williams, Package LBer Kwon Alexander, Ducey...none of the players were with team in 2022 for DA

That 2021 team also featured Davenport, Marquez Calloway, TQS, Adam Trautman, Calvin Throckmorton, and Ceaser Ruiz, and Jameis Winston. The thought that 🦌 was handed a playoff caliber team is demonstrably laughable...but if you want to make an argument how a healthy Peat was the key to a playoff caliber team Im all ears.

Whatever smoke 🦌 is tooting many of you are tooting the same stuff saying how great Penning was going to be, how many All-Pro selections McCoy was going to get.

We have great corners and capable WRs, but since 🦌 took over, we have had an aging MIKE and EDGE, a below average OLine, middling at best QB play, the best TE to play for the team is 37 and even knows he is best as a Red Zone package player, an incredibly talented WR that is perpetually unable to play, and a average set of rotational interior DLinemen.

There isnt enough on that 2022 roster for me to call it playoff ready. Do you really believe Andy Dalton was going to lead that team to glory if we only had the right OC and coach?

I think it's important to consider both the teams' performance before Allen's 1st year, as well as Loomis' assessment of the team when he was hired and throughout this year.
1) Allen inherited a borderline playoff roster after Sean left, as we were technically in contention with a MASH unit of a team in 2021
2) Upon hiring Allen, Loomis maintained he felt we had a winning culture and the parts to be a winning team. After his first year, the consensus by both Loomis and Allen was QB was the biggest hole, so we went out and signed Carr.

Now, I do agree that the team's overall talent is probably overrated and we need to get younger. However, several observers felt we had a good enough roster to be a playoff team at least.
Perhaps, but I think there are plenty of better arguments to be made as to why a staff change is eminent.

We were doing great until the injury suffered by Winston. That was definitely a PO worthy roster, with its weakest point in the QB

I don't know how you could even bring back Dennis Allen regardless of what happens the rest of the way. 4$ tickets on 2nd hand market. Empty Seats, Boo's when there is 3 and outs or bad plays on the field, QB getting singled out and boo'ed. Infighting for a 3rd time on the field, Veterans saying the offense has no identity, Thomas popping off on twitter during a game. Team has not progressed very much since week 1 as the same mistakes and lapses keep being made on the field. Make no mistake, Dennis Allen lost this locker room, it is only pride for each other that is being displayed on the field right now.
He has not lost the locker room. They're getting there, but not yet. They are turning against Carr before DA. My friend works for the Saints, and that is what he told me after the Lions loss.

When he posts the deer, he is referring to Dennis Allen, not Derek Carr.

He has been referring to Dennis Allen as a deer because he is like a deer in headlights, just freezes and doesn't take any action to fix things.
I thought it was a picture of deer antlers, or da, and then that meant Dennis Allen, DA. Either way, I got there.

Perhaps, but I think there are plenty of better arguments to be made as to why a staff change is eminent.
I was not making an argument for coaching changes; that's obvious at this point; I was just regurgitating the positions (that were asserted by the FO) and where our record stood in Payton's final year.

He has not lost the locker room. They're getting there, but not yet. They are turning against Carr before DA. My friend works for the Saints, and that is what he told me after the Lions loss.
If that's true, what is the path forward? Carr isn't going anywhere. There is a bunch of contracts that aren't going anywhere. If you fire coaches that the players love, the locker room might really turn on Carr. It's a tough spot to be in.

Now we have folks questioning if Nick Underhill has sources who would be willing to talk smack?

Of course he does. The man is connected as can be within the organization. He's demonstrated it many times, and I have personal experience of his ties and info on certain players.

And if anyone thinks football players are afraid to express their discontent on a bad team has never known any.

In short, Nick repeatedly referencing Carr losing lockerroom, DA losing lockeroom, players playing just for each other, and DA being at risk of being fired is all very well sourced. He does not take wild risks; he's obsessed about getting things right; and he isn't repeatedly alluding to what would be the biggest news stories since Sean Payton and Drew leaving if he doesn't have strong reason to believe he's right.
The players playing for each other is another thing my friend told me.

I went back and looked at that to see , You may be reading something into that. Didn't look like CO snubbed DA ( I wish he would have ) CO just was in a group of other players celebrating
Okay, how about this one? The very beginning of the game, they're showing our sideline. You see DA there and you see Jameis Winston walking towards the camera. He's staring straight ahead as he passes him up and doesn't even look at DA and passes him by. He was talking to players while he was walking, and goes to staring straight. I'm still shocked that he returned after what happened last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom