No Cards-Niners game on TV. You will need an Amazon prime account... (3 Viewers)

That’s what they said in an article I posted a bit ago. the NFL is testing what kind of demand there will be. I don’t want to help their numbers, even though we are Prime members.
I live outside of New Orleans now and at times have to resort to not so legal, slightly delayed streams to catch the saints lol... If Amazon can make something happen where I could see the saints regularly for a fee cheaper than a cable nfl package, I would support it

I think you're kidding. Or not. Totes not sure. But honestly, the older I get, I crave a simpler existence. I was lucky enough to have a happy childhood and, in my head, I equate that to how much simpler it was because I frequently dream about doing things like riding my bike or walking to the park and I wake up feeling happy when I have those dreams.

Take into consideration that I replied to a post that mentioned the unabomber.

Of course, when you were a child, life was very simple. You had no job, no mortgage, car payment, no children of your own you had to feed and cloth, didn't have to pay taxes, contract utilities...

And of course, the older we get, the more we want to put distance between us and all of those things that cause us grief as adults. That is why we retire and move to Nowhere, Montana (you know what I mean).

As far as technology goes, it is a constant cycle, that previous generations think the new generation is lost in it... there were people who had the same feelings about the telephone, TV, radio, the car, as some display for current communication technology.

There was a time when, if you didn't go to the stadium, you were not able to watch the game at all. Now you can be anywhere in the world, even in space, and if you have a device with internet connection, you can.

As far as technology goes, it is a constant cycle, that previous generations think the new generation is lost in it... there were people who had the same feelings about the telephone, TV, radio, the car, as some display for current communication technology.

There was a time when, if you didn't go to the stadium, you were not able to watch the game at all. Now you can be anywhere in the world, even in space, and if you have a device with internet connection, you can.
I know. But I really think things ARE changing faster. And it's not like my disdain means I don't see all the great value in technology. But I also see the drawbacks and there are a lot of people who don't. Orwell was off in his timing; but where I once saw 1984 as a dystopia that could never happen, I feel enveloped in thoughtspeak.

Amen to a simpler existence. I am working towards that with a decision to unload a rental property that was causing me lots of anxiety. The selling process is no cake walk but if we make it through it that will be one less log on the fire. With kids though, it will be a while longer before I reach my dream of a true simple existence. We watch a lot of the old show Little House on the Prairie and old Charles and Caroline lived simple but it sure was hard at times. Electricity is a good thing.
In full disclosure, I know all my of comments are full of hypocrisy in that I freak out if my internet goes down for even an hour and that my "primitive "Ted K one-room cabin in the mountains had better come with wifi, hot and cold running water, and a sewage system. Basically, I want full-time glamping.

In full disclosure, I know all my of comments are full of hypocrisy in that I freak out if my internet goes down for even an hour and that my "primitive "Ted K one-room cabin in the mountains had better come with wifi, hot and cold running water, and a sewage system. Basically, I want full-time glamping.

I hear you and I can be totally off topic here (apologies), but I get nostalgic regarding simpler times every year around Christmas. Not even going as far back as my childhood, which was great, but to when my two (now teenagers) were little kids. Life felt so much easier, more fun, more to look forward to. Things are so complicated now with emotions, hormones, college prep, wife vs. daughter, wife vs. son’s girlfriend, etc. in the midst of everything else.
I’ve always desired to live in the mountains (with amenities), and just enjoy nature and the like. I hope to realize this dream in the next 10-12 years.

I hear you and I can be totally off topic here (apologies), but I get nostalgic regarding simpler times every year around Christmas. Not even going as far back as my childhood, which was great, but to when my two (now teenagers) were little kids. Life felt so much easier, more fun, more to look forward to. Things are so complicated now with emotions, hormones, college prep, wife vs. daughter, wife vs. son’s girlfriend, etc. in the midst of everything else.
I’ve always desired to live in the mountains (with amenities), and just enjoy nature and the like. I hope to realize this dream in the next 10-12 years.
I def. lament not being able to feel about Christmas like I did as a kid; but, yeah, I still felt a certain way about this season way into adulthood. This year? Not even a whiff.

And the end of my viewership.

Paywall is pretty much what we have now.. there were three games on today; one on Amzazon Prime, which i could hav watched if I’d been interested.. and two on NFL Network, which i dont pay for, therefore couldn’t watch.. That, to me, is a paywall.. in essence, we;ve had a paywall ever since MNF moved to ESPN, and before that since TNT showed Sun and Thur night games.

In my opinion, Amazon had to try this. To me, it's the cost of staying relevant. If Amazon didn't do t someone would have. Even though they are a gazillion-dollar organization, there is no room in today's business world to simply be content being the best in the world. If it wasn't Amazon streaming the NFL, it would have been Google, Facebook, Disney, Microsoft, Tmobile, etc taking advantage of the opportunity to grow their name and audience.

The bigger question should be how did the big boys (Fox, CBS, ABC, NBC) allow what used to be a book company to get their foot in the NFL broadcasting door, to begin with?

I got Amazon Prime by accidentally, w/a purchase. It's helped through this year.
On a stranger note; I lived 3 doors away from Kazcynski's brother(the 1 that turned him in) for 6 years. Interesting folk. Off the charts smart.

In my opinion, Amazon had to try this. To me, it's the cost of staying relevant. If Amazon didn't do t someone would have. Even though they are a gazillion-dollar organization, there is no room in today's business world to simply be content being the best in the world. If it wasn't Amazon streaming the NFL, it would have been Google, Facebook, Disney, Microsoft, Tmobile, etc taking advantage of the opportunity to grow their name and audience.

The bigger question should be how did the big boys (Fox, CBS, ABC, NBC) allow what used to be a book company to get their foot in the NFL broadcasting door, to begin with?
The networks either just renegotiated or are currently renegotiating right now. There was an article I posted a while back that said the networks are prepared and willing to pay more.
That only leaves ESPN and MNF. Unless Disney moves it to ABC, I can see Prime getting MNF.

I have prime so no big deal to me except that for some strange reason you cannot record or pause the prime feed. Same with the Next show with Kay Adams in that your only option is to watch live.

It's silly and they really need to get that worked out. Guess I need to figure out how to run the feeds thru a program to record.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom