Now teams about to copy what the Eagles’ defense did to the Saints offense. (33 Viewers)

I said this in the Gameday thread but I think McCoy calls protection..I mean that first drive we moved the ball until McCoy got hurt..we replaced McCoy with two guys essentially..moved our guard to center then brought in a backup guard..

It's no secret if you pressure up the middle against a good QB or offense it'll throw everything off. That's what happened.

I saw it and I am not saying it hurts losing McCoy but the entire O-Line played terrible the entire game even on their TD drives this goes beyond one person.

McCoy goes out. Patrick moves to Center and Udoh comes in at LG. That's a 40% difference in OL, and C is critical in every scheme. You can scheme help to tackles and roll out to counter outside pressure, but when every snap is pressure up the middle? It is brutal.

McCoy goes out. Patrick moves to Center and Udoh comes in at LG. That's a 40% difference in OL, and C is critical in every scheme. You can scheme help to tackles and roll out to counter outside pressure, but when every snap is pressure up the middle? It is brutal.

Than if you are using that logic it doesn't get any easier going forward. Falcons, KC, Bucs even Denver could put a stop to this offense then. So we are now looking at 2 and 5 to start the season?

I honestly think it was as simple as McCoy getting hurt I truly believe he’s that important to the oline and scheme.
If the Saints OL is that fragile we got problems. The Eagles where without Aj and lost Smith and facing there on injury problems. Can't use injuries as an excuse in the NFL.

They can copy all day long.
But do they right personnel to stop it.

Than if you are using that logic it doesn't get any easier going forward. Falcons, KC, Bucs even Denver could put a stop to this offense then. So we are now looking at 2 and 5 to start the season?

Kubiak probably didn't expect his backups to be this bad, and having to make such drastic mid-game adjustments are always extremely difficult. Now he has a week to plan around having extremely bad backups and can maybe put something together to help make it easier for them.

However Kubiak also played the biggest role in today's loss. The misdirection was gone. The Saints came out, lined up, and ran what everyone thought they'd run. Doing that with an OL that can no longer block anything is just awful playcalling.

This week looks like just one massive growing pain for the offense.

Defense... well... Allen's 3rd and 16 playcall was a disaster but outside of that what else could they have done? Pitching a shutout for 3 quarters and allowing 15 total points should equate to a win.

What hurts N.O and hurts every team is lack of offensive options. Outside of Kamara, Olave and Shaheed there are no players that make defenses lose sleep. Outside of those i didnt see anyone else on offense. Finally wilson got his first catch also.

Hard to spread the ball and throw different looks if you dont have at least 4 or 5 legitimate threats on the field at once

We all know its a copy cat League. We gotta find adjustments against these run heavy defenses.
A lot of teams don't have two 1st round DT to utilize like Philly has

Also motivated ex player in Zack Baun playing lights out

Taysom Hill will be back as well

Saints will have week of practice to get backups in order to pick up blocking packages.

This was one of our trap games

Kubiak probably didn't expect his backups to be this bad, and having to make such drastic mid-game adjustments are always extremely difficult. Now he has a week to plan around having extremely bad backups and can maybe put something together to help make it easier for them.

However Kubiak also played the biggest role in today's loss. The misdirection was gone. The Saints came out, lined up, and ran what everyone thought they'd run. Doing that with an OL that can no longer block anything is just awful playcalling.

This week looks like just one massive growing pain for the offense.

Defense... well... Allen's 3rd and 16 playcall was a disaster but outside of that what else could they have done? Pitching a shutout for 3 quarters and allowing 15 total points should equate to a win.

Didn't the eagles lose 2 guys? Which means they had to switch around their O-Line as well? McCoy isn't super man I really think this goes beyond just one guy.

They can't. The Falcons defense is trash compared to the Eagles and they have no pass rushers. They are about to get smoked.
You sure about that. Last week everyone said Eagles gonna get stomped. I said this is a dangerous game and the Eagles are a Dangerous team.

Almost always they play N.O. tough

Didn't the eagles lose 2 guys? Which means they had to switch around their O-Line as well? McCoy isn't super man I really think this goes beyond just one guy.

It goes beyond one guy, but McCoy was vital to the Saints OL success whereas the OL the Eagles lost are good, but not the driving force of their offense. Plenty of other flaws for the Saints Offense, but the Saints lost their foundation and never recovered.

Also notice how rarely the Eagles will actually tushpush now without Kelce.

Philly has two above average DT that played lights out. The guards were always an issues that shows you how important McCoy is to the line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom