Now teams about to copy what the Eagles’ defense did to the Saints offense. (28 Viewers)

I honestly think it was as simple as McCoy getting hurt I truly believe he’s that important to the oline and scheme.
He really is that important. Every Center is crucial for an O line but especially the elite ones. It was going to be a struggle with or without McCoy because the Eagles were coming off of a humiliation. They were fired up. Yesterday we saw why the Eagles drafted the 2021 Georgia Bulldogs defense.

Center is probably the most important OL. Right there with left tackle. Mike D. Had a stat which said that teams that lose their center lose almost 70% of the time.
Yeah Center is a huge deal is the betting world. It's way up there in the factors the sharps consider. Higher than you'd think. It makes sense though considering many Centers call out protections and communicate at the LOS. It's not your typical next man up position. Especially when you're talking about a great Center.

Kubiak probably didn't expect his backups to be this bad, and having to make such drastic mid-game adjustments are always extremely difficult. Now he has a week to plan around having extremely bad backups and can maybe put something together to help make it easier for them.

However Kubiak also played the biggest role in today's loss. The misdirection was gone. The Saints came out, lined up, and ran what everyone thought they'd run. Doing that with an OL that can no longer block anything is just awful playcalling.

This week looks like just one massive growing pain for the offense.

Defense... well... Allen's 3rd and 16 playcall was a disaster but outside of that what else could they have done? Pitching a shutout for 3 quarters and allowing 15 total points should equate to a win.
I actually thought playing close to the vest to avoid negative plays after McCoy went out was the right decision. They tried to play a low scoring defensive game until Allen forgot the plan by passing on the FG. Offense got lead and Allen’s 2 minute defense was abysmal like it ALWAYS is. Because he was a DB coach he puts the DBs in man every time and the world knows it. Or maybe he just is not a good enough mind to play chess in those situations by putting in and practicing 2 minute defense that will actually keep opponents guessing. So freaking bad.

I saw it and I am not saying it hurts losing McCoy but the entire O-Line played terrible the entire game even on their TD drives this goes beyond one person.
This an extreme underestimation of what happened. McCoy being replaced by Patrick, who was playing Left Guard at a very high level, left a hole at Left Guard. That spot experienced a huge drop off with Udoh. Patrick was not playing well at Center, not only blocking, but his shotgun snaps were floating to Carr instead of gunning to him. It's likely that they had to shift the offensive line philosophy a little bit as well. I can't claim to know the ins and outs of the scheme, but from what I understand, it relies heavily on everyone knowing what the other is doing through practice repetitions. Between the talent drop off and the lack of practice time together, the offensive game plan was wrecked.

Misdirection relies on OL timing and execution. That's hard to do after substituting two OL during the game. Look at the play were both guards pulled opposite directions and ran into each other.

Kubiak adjusted to what the players he had could do and that kept the Saints in the game. In games like today, Payton pressed too hard to stick to his plan which caused points off of turnovers. I think if Payton was calling the offense today, the game would have been a blowout in favor of the Eagles by halftime.
I agree.

You keep saying that about McCoy yes he's important but he was injured the game/season goes on with or without him. if he misses significant time does the team give up and quit? Again for Philly is Lane Johnson, AJ Brown, Devonta Smith and Devin White( inactive) among others not important to their team? Injuries happen next week Atlanta won't care if he plays or not you can call him Superman or an Advenger all you like.
Yes, the season goes on without him and the team won't just give up on it. But this happened at the beginning of the game and there was no replacement for him on the bench yesterday. We had to slide a guy over from another position and then fill his void as well. Those guys actually played their hearts out, but heart wasn't enough to overcome the loss of our best O lineman. If you want to blame Kubiak for the lack of a ready to roll backup I think you'd have a reasonable argument.

If McCoy is out for extended time. The line WILL adjust and get better than they were yesterday. But there is no question about how important McCoy is to the line. He is the second most important player on offense after whoever is playing QB and it's not even close.

You keep saying that about McCoy yes he's important but he was injured the game/season goes on with or without him. if he misses significant time does the team give up and quit? Again for Philly is Lane Johnson, AJ Brown, Devonta Smith and Devin White( inactive) among others not important to their team? Injuries happen next week Atlanta won't care if he plays or not you can call him Superman or an Advenger all you like.
Speaking of the Falcons, did you watch their game last night with KC? They scored TDs on two of their first 3 drives, then lost their Center and Right Tackle. They struggled the rest of the game to protect Cousins and make plays when they needed to. Losing key offensive linemen during a game throws a wrench in the gameplan no matter what team it is. You adjust as best as possible during the game and then make adjustments during the following week. We'll respond and with a week of practice, we should see a different offense against the Falcons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom