Now teams about to copy what the Eagles’ defense did to the Saints offense. (48 Viewers)

People are treating McCoy like he is Superman....sure losing him hurt, but we had so many turnovers and great defense plays and the offense could not find one single time to take advantage of them.

Clear the OL is still a major concern. Not saying the sky is falling....I think we can still win some games and I think we still have a chance at the division but man this game has to tamer exceptions. The team just feels so fragile and like everything has to be perfect are we crumble. It's not concerning we lost its how we lost.

We all know its a copy cat League. We gotta find adjustments against these run heavy defenses.
The adjustment is a passing offense with Derek Carr as your QB. AK wont last a third of the season at 30 carries a game

I said this in the Gameday thread but I think McCoy calls protection..I mean that first drive we moved the ball until McCoy got hurt..we replaced McCoy with two guys essentially..moved our guard to center then brought in a backup guard..

It's no secret if you pressure up the middle against a good QB or offense it'll throw everything off. That's what happened.
We werent moving the ball before McCoy went out. We had 98 total yards in the 3rd quarter

I’m hoping McCoy plays next week. If not, then the team will be able to prepare for it this time.

We werent moving the ball before McCoy went out. We had 98 total yards in the 3rd quarter
McCoy is pivotal from the snapping of the ball to calling blocking assignments. Thus moving a journeyman guard to center and bringing in a backup changed up line scheme.

Especially when you have above average defense tackles plugging the middle. ( You missed the 2 guards running into each other)

That would not have happened had McCoy been in there and Patrick playing guard knowing the assignment.

We all know its a copy cat League. We gotta find adjustments against these run heavy defenses.
You mean make sure McCoy is still hurt and have 3 Saints run into each other for a big play to get them in position to win? Yeah if they can do that and borrow Carter that might work

Copying it and having the players to copy it aren’t quite the same. Jalen Cater and Jordan Davis are two young studs at DT. Brandon Graham may be old be he’s still a dang good DE, and they have a lot of speed at OLB with Sweat and Dean.
Plus it was more about 2 big plays Saints D allowed. Also many times Jalen was able to move the ball too easy. Take aways are based on luck. Preventing easy yards is based on skill and determination.

If the Saints OL is that fragile we got problems. The Eagles where without Aj and lost Smith and facing there on injury problems. Can't use injuries as an excuse in the NFL.
Losing a C is not like losing a OT or OG , C makes the protection calls , AND McCoy is one of the best C in the league and it would have been him blocking Carter

There is no way one player on the O-Line makes that much of a difference, I know the center is the QB of the O-Line but no way in hell it makes that dramatic of a difference, especially since the Eagles lost 2 starters on the O-Line.
You couldn't be more wrong about our O Line. McCoy is not only the best player on the line, he might be one of only 2 starter worthy players on the line. He objectively makes the entire line play better and his absence makes them all worse. If not for Fuaga also being a starter level lineman, we'd have had nobody on the line deserving of starting on many teams. Our depth is abysmal. We had better hope that McCoy doesn't miss too much time or the season could really be in jeopardy.

You couldn't be more wrong about our O Line. McCoy is not only the best player on the line, he might be one of only 2 starter worthy players on the line. He objectively makes the entire line play better and his absence makes them all worse. If not for Fuaga also being a starter level lineman, we'd have had nobody on the line deserving of starting on many teams. Our depth is abysmal. We had better hope that McCoy doesn't miss too much time or the season could really be in jeopardy.
make a running team throw

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom