Now teams about to copy what the Eagles’ defense did to the Saints offense. (31 Viewers)

It goes beyond one guy, but McCoy was vital to the Saints OL success whereas the OL the Eagles lost are good, but not the driving force of their offense. Plenty of other flaws for the Saints Offense, but the Saints lost their foundation and never recovered.

Also notice how rarely the Eagles will actually tushpush now without Kelce.
The head coach lost confidence and playing not to get his quarterback hurt. This was a whale of a game

There is no way one player on the O-Line makes that much of a difference, I know the center is the QB of the O-Line but no way in hell it makes that dramatic of a difference, especially since the Eagles lost 2 starters on the O-Line.
Hurts can make up for O-Line deficiencies that Carr can’t. Carr is a statue.

Last edited:
You sure about that. Last week everyone said Eagles gonna get stomped. I said this is a dangerous game and the Eagles are a Dangerous team.

Almost always they play N.O. tough
The falcons don't have the DTs as good as the Eagles. Not to mention we lost our starting center and it affected the whole OL. Are you scared of David Onyemata? I would be more worried about Chris Jones the following week than him.

However Kubiak also played the biggest role in today's loss. The misdirection was gone. The Saints came out, lined up, and ran what everyone thought they'd run. Doing that with an OL that can no longer block anything is just awful playcalling.
Misdirection relies on OL timing and execution. That's hard to do after substituting two OL during the game. Look at the play were both guards pulled opposite directions and ran into each other.

Kubiak adjusted to what the players he had could do and that kept the Saints in the game. In games like today, Payton pressed too hard to stick to his plan which caused points off of turnovers. I think if Payton was calling the offense today, the game would have been a blowout in favor of the Eagles by halftime.

You can copy schemes and plays all you like. You need the players that can execute the schemes. This game should have shown everyone on the board what they should already know. League is week to week and any given Sunday.

The falcons don't have the DTs as good as the Eagles. Are you scared of David Onyemata? I would be more worried about Chris Jones the following week than him.
Im sure worried about Robinson, Cousin, thier TE having thier way with N.O. Saints proved today that they cant stop a dominant RB and TE

Misdirection relies on OL timing and execution. That's hard to do after substituting two OL during the game. Look at the play were both guards pulled opposite directions and ran into each other.

Kubiak adjusted to what the players he had could do and that kept the Saints in the game. In games like today, Payton pressed too hard to stick to his plan which caused points off of turnovers. I think if Payton was calling the offense today, the game would have been a blowout in favor of the Eagles by halftime.

I'm talking just the basic motions used previously. That is a lot of window dressing with wide receivers, tight ends, and running backs moving. The OL doesn't have to worry about what the motion is, that's not their job. It doesn't matter what player is moving behind the OL, they know the play and who their assignments are. The motion is window dressing to slow the defense down mentally. The Saints would have 2 or 3 guys constantly in motion before the snap. Today was a whole lot of "line up and run between the tackles with Kamara". Lack of window dressing made it a lot easier for the Eagles to victimize the Saints OL.

Depth, depth, depth. We saw what happened when McKinstry replaced Lattimore. Now we see what happens when Patrick replaces McCoy and Udoh replaces Patrick at LG.

And losing a player mid-game is why you especially need depth. Nonetheless, the Saints have not been very good at making adjustments due to mid-game injuries. They’d probably be a lot better if they had better depth.

Eagles lost All Pro LT and their starting Guard, didn't blow up their offensive execution...

Yup, the McCoy excuses are total and utter BS, why didn't our vaunted defensive line destroy their pass protection.....depth is important and it appears that the Eagles depth is better than ours....
You sure about that. Last week everyone said Eagles gonna get stomped. I said this is a dangerous game and the Eagles are a Dangerous team.

Almost always they play N.O. tough

Yup, makes me laugh everytime, folks already talking about how we are going to destroy the Falcons.....Don't get me wrong, I sure hope we do but no one knows.....every game is it's own story.....

Im sure worried about Robinson, Cousin, thier TE having thier way with N.O. Saints proved today that they cant stop a dominant RB and TE
You gotta be mad to post this. Robinson is good no question about that, but Cousins is average at best, and I've never heard anyone use the words dominate and Kyle Pitts(6rec 46yds 0TDs) together in a sentence ever. Calm down my guy and take a breath the sky is not falling, and we are in 1st place enjoy it.

You gotta be mad to post this. Robinson is good no question about that, but Cousins is average at best, and I've never heard anyone use the words dominate and Kyle Pitts(6rec 46yds 0TDs) together in a sentence ever. Calm down my guy and take a breath the sky is not falling, and we are in 1st place enjoy it.
Goeddert isnt Dominant either look what happened. I would say Cousins a better QB also. Sky isnt falling, Saints just returned back to.the mean.

Ravens proving Dallas does suck. Making the win look less big

If they do we better adjust much faster than today. Kubiak hit one in the water, four in a row actually, bad day off the tee. Lots of work to do on the range this week.

I'm talking just the basic motions used previously. That is a lot of window dressing with wide receivers, tight ends, and running backs moving. The OL doesn't have to worry about what the motion is, that's not their job. It doesn't matter what player is moving behind the OL, they know the play and who their assignments are. The motion is window dressing to slow the defense down mentally. The Saints would have 2 or 3 guys constantly in motion before the snap. Today was a whole lot of "line up and run between the tackles with Kamara". Lack of window dressing made it a lot easier for the Eagles to victimize the Saints OL.
The Saints used motion a lot. Motion doesn't lead to success without proper execution after the snap. The OL was out of sync after McCoy went out. The OL works in unison. What happens when your car loses only one tire out of four?

Also, motion is a lot more challenging for the defense when it's Hill, because he's a threat to run or receive out of any position other than QB. At QB, he's a threat to run or pass. Moving Hill around makes the OL's job easier. They went into the game without that and then lost the center of the OL coordination in McCoy. And on top of that, the Eagles have one of the best pair of DT's in the league and a really good defesneive coordintor.

Today's game might end up being the most difficult matchup the Saints face all season, and they almost won the game.

Goeddert isnt Dominant either look what happened. I would say Cousins a better QB also. Sky isnt falling, Saints just returned back to.the mean.

Ravens proving Dallas does suck. Making the win look less big
Exactly , half his total yards was because two Saints players ran into each other. Plus Barkley have one good jump cut to the left and race for 70 yd. And that's after the defense played lights out for three and a half quarters, their gassed

Copying it and having the players to copy it aren’t quite the same. Jalen Cater and Jordan Davis are two young studs at DT. Brandon Graham may be old be he’s still a dang good DE, and they have a lot of speed at OLB with Sweat and Dean.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom