Official Burgers and Fries Thread (1 Viewer)

Gboux, There was a Good Eats here for the longest time and about 3 or 4 years ago they closed. I was mad. I liked their food alot better than say, Threadgill's. Good Eats made a CFS that would melt in your mouth ! I miss it.

Gboux, There was a Good Eats here for the longest time and about 3 or 4 years ago they closed. I was mad. I liked their food alot better than say, Threadgill's. Good Eats made a CFS that would melt in your mouth ! I miss it.

Yeah, it was about the same timeframe here as well with the closings. I know at least 3 of their locations closed in the DFW area. I didn't understand it. Though you never had to wait, the place was never empty. And the food was really good for the price. But I guess Dallas being the chain restaurant capital of the world eventually drove them out.

I :mad: chain restaurants.

FrostStop is pretty good.

I heart their onion rings.

Their lotaburger is very filling.

I'm a piglet and can't finish one unless I"m really, really hungry.

I've had to resort to getting the Jr. lotaburger.

Excellent burgers will be found at the following plces:

Port o' Call

Times

Triple Nickel

Walk Ons

Riverside Patty

Fast food best burger goes to Back yard Burger.

I'd add Capital City Grill for those who are downtown BR. I think on Thursdays they have either a Kobe beef or Buffalo burger special.

I saw on the food network once that the secret to great fries is to keep them in the hot oil just a couple of minutes, then remove them for a couple, and add them again to finish the job. I tried it and it works like a charm !

This will leave your fries extremely greasy. The secret is to not let the oil cool much after adding the fries. Cook in small batches.

Lee's cheeseburger with an order of Onion Rings.

Samburgar.JPG

I'd add Capital City Grill for those who are downtown BR. I think on Thursdays they have either a Kobe beef or Buffalo burger special.
I've had both the kobe beef and the buffalo burger. Both were $$$$ but the fries at Capial City steal the show. Best fries ever. Period. End of argument.

Worst burger in Baton Rouge has to be Avoyle's on 3rd street. They don't even bother to melt the cheese. It's

>>This will leave your fries extremely greasy. The secret is to not let the oil cool much after adding the fries. Cook in small batches.

I understand, but there is some alternative to this which is the way that Antoine's and Arnaud's do their french fry souffle thing. I believe (but I could be wrong), that the way it's done is that the fries are cooked, then immersed in ice water, and then cooked again. What you get is a french fry plumped up with air (kind of like a balloon) which are some of the best fries I ever had and certainly not greasy.

TPS

if you live in the metry/kenna area, go try phil's grill....the burgers are a bit expensive, but they are big, and very good....plus, they have plenty of toppings that you won't find at most burger joints

I understand, but there is some alternative to this which is the way that Antoine's and Arnaud's do their french fry souffle thing. I believe (but I could be wrong), that the way it's done is that the fries are cooked, then immersed in ice water, and then cooked again. What you get is a french fry plumped up with air (kind of like a balloon) which are some of the best fries I ever had and certainly not greasy.

TPS
I didn't hear about the ice water method, but I can understand the concept behind it.
I wish I could remember which restaurant did the 2x fry thing, but when I took them out of the fryer and let the oil drain and then refry them, they were absolutely perfect, much like what one would find in a restaurant. It really works, try it. The first frying is like 2 minutes in duration.

Trivia. McD's was the first company to perfect a method of freezing potatos (fries) that did not thaw all weird.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom