One of the Backups Starting? (1 Viewer)

sportsaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying I don’t wish this to happen, but would there be a point in the season where DC4 plays so putrid that there is a possibility they consider playing Rattler or Haener? I mean there’s a lot of hype for Rattler already and there’s a chance that DC doesn’t catch on to the new OC scheme. Just throwing it out there. Don’t hate me please!

Everyone seems to forget we also have TH7 on the roster, who has shown the ability to run the Drew Brees offense (that DC had trouble adjusting to) and at a competent level. If DC should be unable to start a game (and he will have every opportunity, see 2023), I would believe that TH7 would be the gameplan for that week before Haener or Rattler would get thrown out there. Now, unless the season is a wash already, at which point you don't put TH7 out there and chance injury with his salary, at that point I think you trot either or both Haener & Rattler out there and kick them tires!

From what I’ve read, KK’s scheme should help Carr. It focuses on heavy running and play action which a lot of people have claimed Carr is good at.

Just from my non-professional view, Carr looked a lot better in up tempo, having to think less situations which play action should help. Carr seemed to struggle at the longer developing plays where the receivers had option routes and he had to figure out which option they were running.

Everyone seems to forget we also have TH7 on the roster, who has shown the ability to run the Drew Brees offense (that DC had trouble adjusting to) and at a competent level. If DC should be unable to start a game (and he will have every opportunity, see 2023), I would believe that TH7 would be the gameplan for that week before Haener or Rattler would get thrown out there. Now, unless the season is a wash already, at which point you don't put TH7 out there and chance injury with his salary, at that point I think you trot either or both Haener & Rattler out there and kick them tires!
Yeah, we’ve seen so many teams drafting their future QB like the Falcons situation with Kirk Cousins and I see if for some reason DC4 stinks it up, there’ll be quick calling for Rattler maybe. Maybe the crowd in the Super Dome can bring rattle snake shakers!

DC4 goes out with an injury vs. Green Bay, we had a 17-0 lead if memory serves me correctly. We lose that game which cost us the division title.
DC4 is not going to play putrid within this offense.
Oh I’m optimistic that DC4 will look like a new, better version of himself with the new scheme. From what I’ve read and listened to, it’s tailored to players like him with his shortcomings and accentuates his good attributes.

DC4 goes out with an injury vs. Green Bay, we had a 17-0 lead if memory serves me correctly. We lose that game which cost us the division title.
DC4 is not going to play putrid within this offense.
He never really did play putrid at all. We just have become spoiled to Drew's play that everything else is a drop off. The hate that Carr gets is wholly undeserved, I feel the same way about Allen.

68% completion percentage, 3900 yards, 25 TD and 8 ints, is not putrid. He had a couple of mid games when he was playing injured, but he never had a multi-int game, had muilti-TD games 8 times, 6 games over 300 yards passing, I could go on, but it wont change anyone's mind.

In reality he only had 1 bad game, the first game against Tampa, which was Kamara's first game back, and DC was injured from the green bay game the week before. We predictably gave the ball to kamara for almost half our offensive snaps, and Tampa was expecting that. Then he got knocked out of the Vikings game. Not counting those 3 games, he either threw for 200+ yards, or we won the game the rest of the season.

It's weird we have fans rooting for him to fail.

the schadenfreude aimed at our own team is nonsensical.

Let me preface this by saying I don’t wish this to happen, but would there be a point in the season where DC4 plays so putrid that there is a possibility they consider playing Rattler or Haener? I mean there’s a lot of hype for Rattler already and there’s a chance that DC doesn’t catch on to the new OC scheme. Just throwing it out there. Don’t hate me please!
injury only

I think it's entirely possible, but only for injury. Looking at last year and referencing the JW2 situation isn't a valid comparison, because the OCs are different. For whatever reason, he never liked JW2....maybe because of JWs risk-taking gunslinger mentality...maybe personal reasons....who really knows? And you don't "skip over" QB2 to start QB3 (who missed the 1st 6 weeks of rookie development). But it is still DA at HC calling the shots (in theory), but he has selected every QB on this roster. No doubt DC4 is "his guy", but if DC4 isn't available (injury only, IMO), I don't think there's any reason he wouldn't go to Haener or Rattler. Folks keep bringing up TH7 as the QB2.....ain't gonna happen....not under this regime. TH7 was familiar with the CSP/PC offense. He was an option last year (in place of JW2), and they went with JW2. TH7 will be learning a NEW offense from the eyes of a TE. The Saints will NOT be taking valuable reps away from DC4, Haener, Rattler, or Peterman who ALL need as many reps as possible to learn and/or acclimate to KKs system. I'll be truly shocked if TH7 gets ANY reps in this offense, let alone classroom time. TH7 is no longer a QB in the Saints organization. And the folks who saw him in that role are all with the Broncos now....coaches and players. If TH7 plays QB again, it won't be in the B&G. And I'm saying that as a HUGE fan of TH7.

Our BEST hope is that Rattler or Haener (or both!) truly grasp the KK offense and LIGHT...IT...UP! DC4 is a proven average to above-average QB who has never won anything and struggled to achieve winning seasons in a consistent fashion. He's not a bad QB, but he doesn't have "it" either. I like him as a person, and I wish him well. But he's at the tail end of his career, and he's already "maxed out", IMO. I'd like to see Ratter or Haener grab the bull by the horns, while still on their cheap rookie contracts(!) and force the Saints to take the exit ramp from the DC4 contract. I see his contract as the simplest, lowest pain option to clean up the most cap the quickest. While his contract isn't an "albatross", it's also not a contract you want to continue carrying, considering his "maxed out" production. JMO...

Look at last year, when our offense was struggling, with a veteran QB on the bench. I think that will answer your question
Cos that guy was lights out, on fire excellent when he was called upon?

In before the usual excuses.

Last edited:
Injury is usually the catalyst for such changes, a player is forced into action and cements themselves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom