OTAs Week 1’s Practice Notes & Highlights: Trevor Penning moving to Right Tackle (1 Viewer)

I think the hype is way too premature. No matter who has a good or bad day, can't really gauge anything from today or any practices until training camp and preseason games.
Times 1000. Fun to talk about but means next to nothing. Especially when it's heaped on praise. Happens every year.

I think the hype is way too premature. No matter who has a good or bad day, can't really gauge anything from today or any practices until training camp and preseason games.
Everybody got so caught up in those off schedule plays...lol.
He has time to grow but it was wild to think Haener wouldn't benefit from the changes..

I thought the o-line coach John Benton interview gave a solid understanding of what's going on with the o-line.

Came away with this:
- They view Penning as having bad luck and mental hurdles still to clear. They like his commitment so far this year.
- Penning is at right tackle to get a fresh start in a new system.
- If Ramczyk did manage to come back, he could slot right in for Penning.
- They really like Fuaga and don't think it matters what side he plays on.

I haven't heard much about LG. So that's a mystery for me. But I'm assuming Fuaga stays at LT unless things go wrong.

Last edited:
They might actually go LT Penning, RT Young if they need a backup LT. That sounds even more terrifying though lol.
Oli Udoh would’ve been second team LT but he didn’t practice. Landon Young would be the usual
second team RT if Udoh wasn’t limited today.

Oli Udoh would’ve been second team LT but he didn’t practice. Landon Young would be the usual
second team RT if Udoh wasn’t limited Young is solidified at back up RT.

second team RT if Udoh wasn’t limited today.
Agreed. Sounds like Young is pretty entrenched at backup RT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom