Saints Pete Werner (reportedly) impressive; dominated at practice (2 Viewers)

Not a great thing either. Hendrickson, Elliss, and Baun all did it and we couldn’t afford to keep any of them. Best we could hope for is a comp pick.

Werner has had a better career so far than Ellis’s and Baun. If he does have a breakout contract year it’s going to cost a lot to keep him.
We are not too far from the day that we'll be able to pay a guy coming off a contract year.

How we kept retained MT, Lattimore, Kamara and Ram coming off a rookie contract all around the same time was a miracle. A miracle we are still paying for.

Werner's a good player and I find the narrative here that he isn't pretty funny.
Good player? Yes? Debilitating lack of swag? Also, sadly yes. He will never reach his full potential without looking cooler. At this point I'm not even asking for a dark visor and cool arm bands, etc. All I'm asking for are appropriately sized shoulder pads. That would be a good start. If he wants to build on that with some sort of cowboy collar, spat job, arm brace, that's great. But the least we deserve is shoulder pads that aren't two sizes too small. He can't do much about his name, but by god, at least look the part.

Maybe they could bring Kwon back just to work with Pete as his personal swag consultant. If he just ups his swag to NFL starter bare minimum levels then he's a universally beloved fan favorite. If he somehow achieved max swag, then we're talking about a Pro Bowler. Maybe even All Pro.

Last edited:
Good player? Yes? Debilitating lag of swag? Also, sadly yes. He will never reach his full potential without looking cooler. At this point I'm not even asking for a dark visor and cool arm bands, etc. All I'm asking for are appropriately sized shoulder pads. That would be a good start. If he wants to build on that with some sort of cowboy collar, spat job, arm brace, that's great. But the least we deserve is shoulder pads that aren't two sizes too small. He can't do much about his name, but by god, at least look the part.

Maybe they could bring Kwon back just to work with Pete as his personal swag consultant. If he just ups his swag to NFL starter bare minimum levels then he's a universally beloved fan favorite. If he somehow achieved max swag, then we're talking about a Pro Bowler. Maybe even All Pro.

Pete Werner is a character from one of those early 2000s teen romcoms where the "ugly" chick gets a makeover and becomes a hard 10.

That’s not a difficult decision at all. Adebo over Werner every time. A solid outside CB is way more valuable in today’s NFL than a slightly average LB.

It's not difficult on the surface but you have to consider the cost involved. If Adebo has another year like he had in 2023, he's going to be looking for top 5 CB money and he'll absolutely get it on the open market. Can we afford that, if we're keeping Lattimore? If Lattimore isn't in the teams long term plans, then yes you bite the bullet and pay Adebo that kind of money. But if the team is continuing to invest in Lattimore and have invested two 2nd round picks in McKinistry and Taylor, then it 100% is a difficult decision and they'll likely let Adebo walk.

It's not difficult on the surface but you have to consider the cost involved. If Adebo has another year like he had in 2023, he's going to be looking for top 5 CB money and he'll absolutely get it on the open market. Can we afford that, if we're keeping Lattimore? If Lattimore isn't in the teams long term plans, then yes you bite the bullet and pay Adebo that kind of money. But if the team is continuing to invest in Lattimore and have invested two 2nd round picks in McKinistry and Taylor, then it 100% is a difficult decision and they'll likely let Adebo walk.

In a passing league; with the league adding regular season games and more commitment to the passing game you need 4/5 stud DBs. I don’t think it’s out of the question that you stockpile and maintain a strong level

Pete Werner is a character from one of those early 2000s teen romcoms where the "ugly" chick gets a makeover and becomes a hard 10.
You hit the nail on the head. The dude is Anne Hathaway in The Devil Wears Prada. All the tools are there. He just needs some guidance. Demario Davis has obviously unlocked max swag, I wonder if he's ever tried to talk to Pete? Somebody needs to. I feel bad for the guy. He's out there on an island looking like some generic computer generated player in Madden or NCAA. Professional NFL LBer out there wearing #20 looking like this...

b3d3e8f33f5a739f345e403057d166b1.jpeg

You hit the nail on the head. The dude is Anne Hathaway in The Devil Wears Prada. All the tools are there. He just needs some guidance. Demario Davis has obviously unlocked max swag, I wonder if he's ever tried to talk to Pete? Somebody needs to. I feel bad for the guy. He's out there on an island looking like some generic computer generated player in Madden or NCAA. Professional NFL LBer out there wearing #20 looking like this...

b3d3e8f33f5a739f345e403057d166b1.jpeg

This guy has definitely missed the boat in the swagger department. Someone get that man #55 (sorry, Foskey), a visor, and a couple of forearm bands. Also get on him to pick up a taunting penalty after a big play to set the tone and make the haters recognize, or go beeline to stand on the bench and hype the crowd up after a sack.

Enough is enough!

This guy has definitely missed the boat in the swagger department. Someone get that man #55 (sorry, Foskey), a visor, and a couple of forearm bands. Also get on him to pick up a taunting penalty after a big play to set the tone and make the haters recognize, or go beeline to stand on the bench and hype the crowd up after a sack.

Enough is enough!
Does he even get hyped after a big play? I can't remember seeing him Hulking out after a tackle. Doesn't really matter if it's a tackle for loss or a tackle 15 yards down the field, you have to get up and let everyone know that you just made the tackle.

I don't know, maybe it's a generational thing. LBers were expected to look cool when I was young. I'm talking about the days of Ray Lewis at Miami, Derrick Brooks at Florida State, Andy Katzenmoyer at Ohio State, Alvin Mack and Steve Lattimer at ESU (although Lattimer was more of an Edge).

Does he even get hyped after a big play? I can't remember seeing him Hulking out after a tackle. Doesn't really matter if it's a tackle for loss or a tackle 15 yards down the field, you have to get up and let everyone know that you just made the tackle.

I don't know, maybe it's a generational thing. LBers were expected to look cool when I was young. I'm talking about the days of Ray Lewis at Miami, Derrick Brooks at Florida State, Andy Katzenmoyer at Ohio State, Alvin Mack and Steve Lattimer at ESU (although Lattimer was more of an Edge).

The Saints also have a very strong history of linebackers with extreme amounts of swag, and it is made even worse when we have Demario Davis, one of the swaggiest LBs in Saints history, next to the equivalent of a guy with a pocket protector and calculator watch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom