Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (2 Viewers)

Had it over the weekend. Was pretty tasty, but it proceeded to use its evil black magic to restrict me to the bathroom for an entire day. Never again.

Popeyes same-store sales up 10.2% in Q3.

Surpised it's not higher

the two times I got the sandwich not a single person in front of me ordered anything but

Last edited:
Surpised it's no higher

the two times I got the sandwich not a single person in front of me ordered anything but
Two reasons it's not higher:
1) People leave or simply avoid the store because they don't want to wait.
2) They keep running out.

I watched them yesterday making them and it was ridiculous. I swear I could have the entire store a well-oiled machine in 45 mins. No one is working together and they clearly do not give a **** how long it takes.

**** still tastes good, though...

Two reasons it's not higher:
1) People leave or simply avoid the store because they don't want to wait.
2) They keep running out.

I watched them yesterday making them and it was ridiculous. I swear I could have the entire store a well-oiled machine in 45 mins. No one is working together and they clearly do not give a **** how long it takes.

**** still tastes good, though...
popeye's and fast food is an oxymoron

Slide show but basically says that the sandwich is smaller this time around

One of the things I loved about it this summer was the triple thick pickle slices

Slices much thinner this time around on the one I had yesterday
================================
When it first came out, Popeyes' chicken sandwich was a true revelation.

I tried the sandwich at a test location in Manhattan before it was officially rolled out. I compared it against seven other fast-food chicken sandwiches and found it was better than all of its competitors, including Chick-fil-A, in every regard. I rarely go back to fast-food places to eat the food I've tasted for work, but I had plans to go back to Popeyes for the chicken sandwich.

Then, everything changed when the Chicken Sandwich Wars erupted across social media, and a mad scramble for Popeyes' sandwich caused it to sell out within two weeks of its release.

Anyone who's been following this sandwich saga knows that the chicken sandwich finally returned on Sunday after a hiatus of more than two months. But on Twitter, some fans noticed that the sandwich seemed ... different..........

Slide show but basically says that the sandwich is smaller this time around

One of the things I loved about it this summer was the triple thick pickle slices

Slices much thinner this time around on the one I had yesterday
================================
When it first came out, Popeyes' chicken sandwich was a true revelation.

I tried the sandwich at a test location in Manhattan before it was officially rolled out. I compared it against seven other fast-food chicken sandwiches and found it was better than all of its competitors, including Chick-fil-A, in every regard. I rarely go back to fast-food places to eat the food I've tasted for work, but I had plans to go back to Popeyes for the chicken sandwich.

Then, everything changed when the Chicken Sandwich Wars erupted across social media, and a mad scramble for Popeyes' sandwich caused it to sell out within two weeks of its release.

Anyone who's been following this sandwich saga knows that the chicken sandwich finally returned on Sunday after a hiatus of more than two months. But on Twitter, some fans noticed that the sandwich seemed ... different..........

maybe in Manhattan....but here yesterday, well i took pic and posted here. It was massive and pickles were same thickness as previous roll-out.

Did anyone try to preorder one through the Popeyes app? I heard that is the way to go. Pre Order for pickup. I just tried but it isn't on the app? I checked 2 locations in Dallas. I assume they pull it off the app if it is sold out for the day?

Ok , so I went back to Popeyes today, after trying it Sunday and absolutely loving it.

After waiting 30 minutes, i finally got my sandwich and was very excited to bite into it...first bite was good, tasted fine, but on the 2nd bite (which was into the thickest part of the chicken) It was completely raw in the center...I'm talking pink and still cold it was so raw....holy $&#@...idk if I will be able to go back after that... disgusting

Ok , so I went back to Popeyes today, after trying it Sunday and absolutely loving it.

After waiting 30 minutes, i finally got my sandwich and was very excited to bite into it...first bite was good, tasted fine, but on the 2nd bite (which was into the thickest part of the chicken) It was completely raw in the center...I'm talking pink and still cold it was so raw....holy $&#@...idk if I will be able to go back after that... disgusting
You don't eat your chicken sandwiches rare?

Did anyone try to preorder one through the Popeyes app? I heard that is the way to go. Pre Order for pickup. I just tried but it isn't on the app? I checked 2 locations in Dallas. I assume they pull it off the app if it is sold out for the day?

The Popeyes app doesn’t take orders as far as I know - but I haven’t updated in a while.

Edit - it is location specific. Mine doesn’t take mobile orders

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom