Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (3 Viewers)

and if you dont want to wait 35 min or pay $7.00....one can always try that one.
Hold up....the chicken sandwich at Popeye's is $7?? Granted, it's been a while since I've eaten at a fast food place, but damn.

Hold up....the chicken sandwich at Popeye's is $7?? Granted, it's been a while since I've eaten at a fast food place, but damn.

$6.79 for the meal. my bad.

so sammich, side and cold drank.

So I haven't tried the sandwhich yet but they must be doing something right. When I left my basketball practice in Mandeville on Tuesday night I was getting on 190 and the Popeye's on the service road had it's drive thru line backed up into the service road all the way down to the entrance of the old Winn-Dixie. I had to drive in the left lane to get onto 190.
This sandwhich is now a public safety hazard!!

seriously though, is it really worth waiting say 30+ minutes to get a fried chicken sandwhich???? I'm legitimately asking.... :idunno:
Yes, legitimately worth it IMO. Get the spicy one. It's life changing.

Question - is it a one and done type thing? Meaning, you have one, it’s excellent, but you’re good with not having another.
Or are you guys waiting in those long lines 4-5 times a week? :hihi:

Question - is it a one and done type thing? Meaning, you have one, it’s excellent, but you’re good with not having another.
Or are you guys waiting in those long lines 4-5 times a week? :hihi:

I had my first one yesterday and legitimately thought about getting another today but decided that would be unacceptably lardtastic.

$6.79 for the meal. my bad.

so sammich, side and cold drank.

I went inside because the line inside was half of the drive through. The person ahead of me in line got a combo for $6.99. I already had something to drink so I just got the sandwich and the red beans without the drink. It was $4.99. So $2 for the drink. Rediculous.

I finally got a Popeyes spicy chicken sandwich today.

First, it was a bigger sandwich than I expected.

Second, I liked the thick paper/foil packaging. I ate half of my sandwich, placed it back in the packaging and ate the remainder about an hour later and it was still a little warm.

Last, it was really good.

Was it better tasting than Chik-fil-A? In my opinion, slightly. I love Chik-fil-A also so it was hard to say, but the size mattered in this case so value wise I will likely skip Chik-Fil-A In the future if there is a Popeyes nearby.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom