Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (1 Viewer)

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Is this thing the Muhammad Ali of chicken sandwiches? Thats what I've heard so far. Chick-Fil-A and Wendy's had to chime in.

If so, I fully expect if I try to get one of these things on my cheat day, they'll b nice and out of em.

Booker

All-Pro
Reaction score
If you need that popeyes fix on your overall diet, try the blackened chicken strips. The sodium is not great but otherwise not to bad. Definitely get that traditional popeyes flavor.

Here is my go-to popeyes while trying to eat healthy. Not bad for 325 calories and 6 grams of fat.

PORTION SIZE
TOTAL CALORIESCALORIES FROM FAT(g)TOTAL FAT(g)SAT FAT(g)TRANS FAT(g)CHOLESTEROL(mg)SODIUM(mg)

HANDCRAFTED TENDERS - BLACKENED3 Pieces1701820025550

MASHED POTATOES WITH CAJUN GRAVYReg110354205590

GREEN BEANSReg55162007676

mc4saints

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Negative brother. If you're gonna cheat on your diet, you GO ALL IN! If I want to halfass it, I'll go to Chick-Fil-A. :loopy:
I understand. I eat plenty of unhealthy food including at Popeyes but this is a way that I consider eating Popeyes that isn't cheating on your diet. Just showing a way that honestly tastes about as good as any sub 500 calorie under 10 grams of fast food meal you can find. IMO.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
OP
LAhotsauce

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Honestly, ghost peppers are ridiculously hot for me. I'm a bit hesitant to try those wings. If it's a milder version of the ghost pepper, I might be willing to give it a shot.
It's nowhere near as hot as you might expect. Just a small kick.

Booker

All-Pro
Reaction score
The Popeye's Ghost Pepper wings are not even as spicy as the Spicy Chicken Sandwich. And the wings are micro... are they actual cornish hen wings? But, I agree - they are tasty.
That was my experience with them. I made a Popeyes run Saturday and added an order to our family pack so we could try them out. Everyone agreed they were milder than the spicy chicken, and they are pretty small. They do have a tasty hint pepper flavoring, but it's not from ghost peppers.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That was my experience with them. I made a Popeyes run Saturday and added an order to our family pack so we could try them out. Everyone agreed they were milder than the spicy chicken, and they are pretty small. They do have a tasty hint pepper flavoring, but it's not from ghost peppers.

Meh, my guess is that their employees usually just throw into the box whatever is cooked and available at the time you order.. I cant count over the course of my lifetime how often ive gone to a Popeyes and ordered spicy chicken (and I *always* order spicy) only to get home and have it obviously be mild.. They give you what they have, like anyone is ever gonna go back and complain that their chicken isnt spicy enough?? So yeah, those werent the ‘ghost pepper ‘ Wings they gave you.

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
Maybe it's "Ghost" Pepper wings... where the pepper is an apparition.

I agree though, they are small and tasty, but not very spicy.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
tried the spicy version of the sandwich yesterday. not bad.

Marty_Graw

Don't Rain on My Parade
Reaction score
Tried the spicy sandwich a couple of months ago. Maybe it is due to all the mega-hype originally surrounding it, but it wasn't all that great. For $3.99, not bad, but nothing life-changing.

To be fair, I only eat fast food, at most, once a month. Could also be that the Popeye's near my house seems to be a bit inconsistent. Maybe I'll try it again elsewhere (should have grabbed one when I was in NOLA last weekend, for comparison purposes) but I'm in no big rush for another one.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
tried the spicy version of the sandwich yesterday. not bad.

FYI, and this was mentioned earlier in the thread- there is no ‘spicy’ or ‘mild’ chicken sandwich.. they are exactly the same, the only difference is that the ‘spicy’ version comes with Spicy Mayonnaise.. Since mayonnaise is the most disgusting substance on the planet, the couple times i got the Popeyes chicken sandwich, i ordered it plain and got some of their dipping sauce.. i think the Mardi Gras Mustard, or Ranch.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
FYI, and this was mentioned earlier in the thread- there is no ‘spicy’ or ‘mild’ chicken sandwich.. they are exactly the same, the only difference is that the ‘spicy’ version comes with Spicy Mayonnaise.. Since mayonnaise is the most disgusting substance on the planet, the couple times i got the Popeyes chicken sandwich, i ordered it plain and got some of their dipping sauce.. i think the Mardi Gras Mustard, or Ranch.
ahh i was intoxicated and didn't realize. i enjoyed it though :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom