Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (1 Viewer)

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Is this thing the Muhammad Ali of chicken sandwiches? Thats what I've heard so far. Chick-Fil-A and Wendy's had to chime in.

If so, I fully expect if I try to get one of these things on my cheat day, they'll b nice and out of em.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Reaction score
What is Popeyes doing?! They keep removing sides, onion rings, corn on the cobb, dirty rice and green beans? I've been largely unimpressed in my last few visits for chicken dinners. They need more sides, not less.

Marty_Graw

Don't Rain on My Parade
Reaction score
Unless things have changed, they are owned by the same conglomerate that owns Burger King (RBI) and they are headquartered in Atlanta. Popeye’s ain’t the same Popeye’s from 20+ years ago...

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Most locations got rid of them over a decade ago. I'd trade all of those other sides to get the old hand-battered onion rings back.
mine just got rid of them recently

the next Popeyes had them last few times I was there but it 20 minutes out of the way

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
mine just got rid of them recently

the next Popeyes had them last few times I was there but it 20 minutes out of the way
Our Popeyes in Charleston got rid of them, but over Thanksgiving I was in NOVA and the one on Route 1 out towards Belvoir has them. I was very happily surprised.

Reaction score
The cajun rice was my go to. :(
Mine too the green beans sucked but the rice was good. Off the subject but if anyone has the recipe for the green beans Ochsher main hospital serves then please pass it on. I know it’s hard to believe about hospital food but their green beans are good.

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
Mine too the green beans sucked but the rice was good. Off the subject but if anyone has the recipe for the green beans Ochsher main hospital serves then please pass it on. I know it’s hard to believe about hospital food but their green beans are good.
I've never had hospital green beans... but a lot of people like mine.

Saute down a chopped onion in butter. Add chopped bacon. When onions start getting clear, stir in green beans making sure they are coated and season with a little Tony's. If green beans are fresh, cover with a lid until they get soft. If canned, skip this step. Turn up heat and put a little caramelization on them.

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I just started my Keto again, and yall had to bring up this darn chicken sandwich.. blast yall....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom